Stoke 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I am somehow glad Man United won. Otherwise we would have been so fucking annoyed if they slipped and so did us lol. The only thing we can do now in the league is to help Arsenal to win it, dear me :lol:

1. Need to ship out some players

2. we need more magical players...

as of now we have none?

I'm afraid so mate. We're running on the same core for ages now but it's getting old, it's getting predictable. When Torres came on, Drogba disappeared. Kalou wasn't able to link anything and what pissed me off was his falling, he could of stayed up couple of times but instead hit the grass and lost the ball. Thank you Cech, the only reason we didn't lose this game. I'm not even pissed because we drew, because it's probably a fair result, but the way we drew. We didn't dominate the second half like we did in the first, if anything Stoke was pressing and making our midfield look stupid. Ramires and Luiz weren't as good as they have been so far. Lampard was alright, had 2 absolute rockets saved by Begovic, on one occasion Anelka should of slotted it home but didn't anticipate the blunder by Begovic. Malouda has given up mentally, he doesn't give the spark we need and expect to get from a winger, he drops deep and is more in the midfield rather than on flanks. Bosingwa was rubbish aswell - he is sort of player that you can't change your opinion about, he has brilliant moments and than comes crashing down with a stupid egoistic shot or loses easy ball or dirbbles and loses ball or just gives a poor poor cross.When we switched to 4-3-3 we didn't press at all anymore, shows that our midfield can not handle it or that our front line is weak. Torres had some good moments, can't say anything bad about him. Cech MOTM, surely.

Come on blues, shape up, wake up, man up.. Champions league on wednesday

We're in the top four and at least can focus on the Champions League. It could have been a lot, lot worse - imagine being a Liverpool fan!

I see your point but we shouldn't have to stoop to the expectations of the scousers. The support will always be there for Chels but we should be putting these games away when it's needed the most, United shows once again why they deserve to be champions this season. Not going to point fingers but we had a much better chance of scoring with Nico and Ramires still on.

I agree with 5354, there is some deadweight in thie squad that needs to be gotten rid of. Bosingwa was awful today, really awful. Malouda has been poor for months, Nic Anelka's special power of slowing down time (and our build up play) is hardly something we require and his touch was very poor most of the match. All 3 of those could probably be gone in the Summer and I dont think we would miss them at all if we get the right replacements.

The big positive was Drogba, playing like the powerhouse we all know he can be, he was excellent today in every aspect, unlucky to hit the woodwork twice in the second half, including a quite spectacularly executed twisting volley with his weak foot, after that performance he will be pressing hard to start on Wednesday night. Cech was brilliant in goal, Ramires was excellent when he was on, I can only assume he was taken off as a precaution for Wednesday because he was easily one of our more threatening players going forward. Torres impressed in the 30 minutes he had, some really good moments and best of all looked very fast when he was executing them.

The back four was not so solid, Ivanovic was missed in a big way at right back as Bosingwa looked lost, Luiz struggled to deal with 2 workloads instead of one and has probably never in his life come up against the aerial bombardment of a team like Stoke, a rare poor performance from Terry too, Cole was probably the best of a bad lot on the day, Essien neevr came to grips with the game and Lampard struggled to have a telling impact.

Bad result, probably out of the title race now for certain but we have got Wednesday night to look forward to and if Torres plays for 90 minutes like he did for the 30 today and Vidic plays the way he did against West Ham today, it could be soemthing special.

That says more about the pathetic team that is 'west ham', than it does for united. :rolleyes:

West Ham's defense was terrible indeed, but can't take credit away from Manure, the way they played second half was impressive and they pretty much took the game right off their plates.

Carlo Ancelotti after the game :

"we had a bad game , and we didn't deserve to win , we have to wake up .":carlo:

"i know i am under-pressure and i am really curious why roman hasn't sacked me yet !!":carlo:

"we are in a bad moment , but we can use the next game to get out of it ":carlo:

"i have the best strikers in the world , and i am sure they will score another goal before the end of this season ":carlo:

"Drogba and torres are 2 of the best strikers and i am sure they can work together , even if everyone else doesn't ":carlo:

How to make a succesfull sub ?smile.gif

Ramires was one of the best today.Great link-up with Boz on the right.Carlo gets both of them out and keeps Malouda in.Can't fucking believe it !angry.gif

Mikel was ideal for this match.Torres is useless if he doesn't get couple of through passes,into space.

Drogba and Cech were the bright side.thumbsup.gif

Expect a 'we will improve' from Carlo.

Was hoping to start the day off a bit better after staying up over 24 hours to watch West Ham concede 4 goals.

How to make a succesfull sub ?smile.gif

Ramires was one of the best today.Great link-up with Boz on the right.Carlo gets both of them out and keeps Malouda in.Can't fucking believe it !angry.gif

Mikel was ideal for this match.Torres is useless if he doesn't get couple of through passes,into space.

Drogba and Cech were the bright side.thumbsup.gif

Expect a 'we will improve' from Carlo.

Carlo will state the obvious, "the title is out of reach, it's time to focus on CL." the sugar coating stuff is up to him.

Carlo Ancelotti after the game :

"we had a bad game , and we didn't deserve to win , we have to wake up .":carlo:

"i know i am under-pressure and i am really curious why roman hasn't sacked me yet !!":carlo:

"we are in a bad moment , but we can use the next game to get out of it ":carlo:

"i have the best strikers in the world , and i am sure they will score another goal before the end of this season ":carlo:

"Drogba and torres are 2 of the best strikers and i am sure they can work together , even if everyone else doesn't ":carlo:

Trying to be funny?

Luiz should have dealt better with Walters, it's like that.