Chelsea 0-1 Man United

BlueLion.

Thank god we're playing on Wednesday otherwise I would have missed it, as my football team is having a game on Tuesday night.

Cech

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien - Lampard - ??

?? - ??

I believe there are three questions about our line-up, as Alex is not prepared yet. Malouda/Zhirkov and two from Torres/Drogba/Anelka/Kalou. As far as I am concerned, I would go for Zhirkov and Torres with Anelka.

Yup, those are the only mysteries left. Agree with you about Zhirkov but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Malouda starting (I think he's blackmailing CA).

I would personally go for Drogba and Kalou up front.

Putting money on Anelka not performing in a big match is pretty much a safe bet. With Kalou you never know and he has been doing a fine job in the second striker role and with Kalou switching systems is easier, to a 4-3-3, when needed (since he doesn't drift inside as much as Anelka and doesn't slow down our play. Not to forget that when the team get the opportunity to counter-attack, Kalou will actually run with the ball.

Sadly Torres has proven to be pretty useless without someone to provide that final ball behind him or when the counter-attacks of the team aren't that sharp and fast. There's no room for excuses here, especially since we're playing at home where we absolutely need a good result, and that's why I'd rather have Drogba since he can do a lot better with a lot less (as in the current service for our strikers). I also loved his attitude and effort in the Stoke game, he really looks up for it again and has a point to prove.

Bring on Torres, Anelka and Benayoun in the second half when we're pushing for a goal.

Plus add the fact that Anelka and Torres started in our previous match vs Man Utd but sadly didn't do much for us.

And come to think of it, I would start with Mikel to free up Lampard and provide a extra man at all times at the back(or give Essien strict orders to stay in front of the defense). With Rooney, Hernandez, Nani and Valencia up front, Utd have some serious pace up front and could therefore be lethal on the break. So one of the two CMs will need to stay back at all times.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The line up I would like to see against Manure:

Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien - Lampard - Zhirkov

Drogba - Torres

If Bosingwa or Malouda start, we won't win. Nani will make Bosingwa look like a school boy and Malouda will play like a 55 year old, like someone else on this forum already mentioned.

After Bayern failed to take revenge on inter, the 'revenge' factor may not be so prevalent.

United go into this in high spirits after the west ham game. They have the away advantage, no point discrediting that.

If I don't see a performance from the ivorian who got sent off in moscow, then we may as well end the season then and there.

Same goes for all the remaining players from that night.

Cech

Drogba - Torres

If Bosingwa or Malouda start, we won't win. Nani will make Bosingwa look like a school boy and Malouda will play like a 55 year old, like someone else on this forum already mentioned.

:goodpost:

100% agree.........also Torres will never score with Malouda in the team, I cant stand him.....

Cech

Drogba - Torres

I am afraid Alex will not play mate. Carlo said he would be prepared for the second leg. Therefore Ivanovic as CB and Bosingwa at right.

I am afraid Alex will not play mate. Carlo said he would be prepared for the second leg. Therefore Ivanovic as CB and Bosingwa at right.

Means that when Bosingwa fails in his attempts to push forward successfully, Nani will have too much space and so United will be a lot more dangerous in counter-attacks than we all and Carlo think.

Means that when Bosingwa fails in his attempts to push forward successfully, Nani will have too much space and so United will be a lot more dangerous in counter-attacks than we all and Carlo think.

The main problem with Bosingwa is he is so weak....

Cech

Drogba - Torres

Agree with you there, 100%.

Ivanovic might not offer that much going forward but he is an absolute rock, so far, in defence. Alex-Terry have the experience and team work to handle United's Rooney and Berbatov. It gives us stability in the back four. Alex can also take rifle long free kicks. I also agree on the midfield part. Perhaps only questionable thing about the line-up are the strikers. Drogba-Torres on paper are one of the best if not the best pair but perhaps one of them + Kalou would be better. Like mentioned above, Anelka isn't a big game player and can be shut out fairly easily. Kalou creates chances but some decisions are poor, otherwise in my eyes our best dribbler. So I'd say either Torres-Drogba; Torres-Kalou or Drogba-Kalou

The main problem with Bosingwa is he is so weak....

Agreed. We need strength against United on Wednesday, Bosingwa doesn't have it. Sometimes he's good offensively, but defensively he's not good enough and makes mistakes often. Definitely our only weakness in the line-up, which United can clearly take advantage of.

Agreed. We need strength against United on Wednesday, Bosingwa doesn't have it. Sometimes he's good offensively, but defensively he's not good enough and makes mistakes often. Definitely our only weakness in the line-up, which United can clearly take advantage of.

Why can't Alex play also??? - why is Carlo so ultra cautious when it comes to players fitness?? - He and Yossi have been fit for like 3 weeks and neither can even make it onto the bench. This is the biggest game of our season we need Alex at centre half and Ivanovic right back...

Re: Bosingwa I would rather Paulo for this tie as he can defend.....

Why can't Alex play also??? - why is Carlo so ultra cautious when it comes to players fitness?? - He and Yossi have been fit for like 3 weeks and neither can even make it onto the bench. This is the biggest game of our season we need Alex at centre half and Ivanovic right back...

I'd also rather play Ferreira, good shout. He's got Champions League experience and always does what he's asked to, and a big shame that Benayoun hasn't even made it onto the bench yet. Benayoun is very quick and skillful, something very important that we're lacking, and he's the man that I would expect a change of the game or a comeback from.

I'd also rather play Ferreira, good shout. He's got Champions League experience and always does what he's asked to, and a big shame that Benayoun hasn't even made it onto the bench yet. Benayoun is very quick and skillful, something very important that we're lacking, and he's the man that I would expect a change of the game or a comeback from.

Plus he is the ONLY player we have who is on Torres wavelength.....

Like I wrote it myself mate :) Spot on

You guys are wayyyy too harsh on Bosingwa. He's not offering a lot at the moment but he's okay. Ramires, Bosingwa and Ivanovic will do fine on that right-side.

And about Alex, you don't bring a player, especially a defender, back in the starting line-up after being out for so long in such a big game. Defenders need game rhythm.

And Terry and Alex (Alex not so much over distance) are amongst the slowest of defenders, especially the first few yards, and could easily be exposed by the quick Rooney and the very very quick Hernandez. Not to think of the fact that most players always need a few games to back to full speed...

CA leaving Alex out of this is fully understandable.

I really hope CA give Zhirkov the start, Malouda is to bad at the moment and Yuri gives more speed. Ferreira because he is better than Bosingwa in the defence and if Ramires and Ferreira helps like they did against Spurs and Bale, im sure they can take Nani. Anelka has been good in CL this year but Drogba is better in big games and Torres is Vidic nightmare.. ;)

Torres Drogba

Zhirkov Lampard Essien Ramires

Cole Terry Ivanovic Ferreira

Turnbull