Chelsea 0-1 Man United

BlueLion.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gets me is that United could have really hurt us tonight. Our defence tends to all swarm on the player with the ball instead of marking up and trusting in there own personal ability. I think if united kept up the tempo they started with it would have been over in the first half. I think we were lucky.. Very lucky.....

what i thought of the team

Cech: Decent performance.

Terry: Played well but lacks the speed to cover Rooney or Hernadez all game.

Ivanovic. One of the best as always.

Ash: Played a solid defensive game but we are missing him in attack.

Bosingwa: Showed again why he was hooked in the Community shield vs United. Simply can't keep up with them and if an 38 year old can run circles around you, you simply aren't good enough.

Essien: Does more then he should. Saved the defence numerous times but was too tired to complete any decent passing.

Ramires: One of the fittest blokes on the pitch. Seemed to struggle with his role and finds himself running around like a headless chook.

Lampard: I hope it's an injury because i hate to see Lampard playing like this. Lacked vision and motivation. For somebody that has had nightmares since 08, he sure ain't doing anything about them.

Zhirkov: How Carlo can throw him in there after fuck all game time leading up to last night was stupid.

Torres: I saw shades of a decent player but i still feel like he is saving himself for something. It looks like he could use a few Red Bulls.

Drogba: Works too hard for a Striker! Attacks, Drops back to the MF and also defends... Why he was hooked for another slow player is beyond me. Even my wife was in shock and she doesn't know much about football..

Mikel: I literally stared in shock when this substitution was made! Absolutely no strategic value!

Anelka: Not enough time to make a difference

Malouda: Clearly has issues with the club or a certain player or players. Needs to either put in the game of his life next Tuesday or start shopping himself around...

My line up for next Tuesday:

Ivanovic---------------Alex-------Terry--------------------Cole

---------------------------Essien---------------------------------

---------Lampard---------------------Malouda--------

---------------------------Kalou--------------------------------

------------Drogba----------------------Anelka---------------

Guys and fellow Chelseans!!!!, Let the truth be told; here are some instances we went wrong against MUFC, if we strive to correct our flaws, the current Man U is no match for CFC, in terms of strenght. When it comes to power and muscle my fear for CFC was Man city, they have all the strongly built guys who usually have the penchant of bullying out our dear CFC players. The opposite is the case when you compare CFC with Man utd, we are the more physical side in these case.

What went wrong today (yesterday) here are my blames: # 1 BOSINGWA, played like an inexperienced defender in intercepting the pass to Giggs, distance was not on his side neither was it on Giggs side even though Giggs was at advantage with less distance to cover. What Bosingwa should have done then was not to go chasing a ball that he was more than likely to miss and just a simple deft touch from the opposing attacker would put him off track, what he should have done was to aim his run towards Giggs and simply stand provide an obstacle between giggs and the ball, bearing in mind that Giggs also had some little distance to cover to get to the pass. Worst outcome would have been a foul against him because at the end of the day Giggs will run into him and maybe get the foul. ( when I was much younger in my 20's I used to play defence, right full back, one thing i used to do then was to lure opponents to give a pass to the right wing attacker by pretending to create some distance between myself and the attacker. first thing that comes to the attackers team-mates is that the winger is free and they are lured to make a pass, but since i was expecting that move I was always quick enough to quell the pass 9 out of 10 times it worked for me but then I was much younger and fit. I actually use that trick to get some cheap recognition as a sturdy defender). While i dont advise creating space for your opponents to be free, I am suggesting that quick thinking is required in such scenarios. A simple bump (collision) with Giggs could have quelled that move.

#2: We need to resort into man-to-man marking simple as that, with such a rule you wouldnt have a Free Rooney to convert. All the hue and cry about 4-4-2 OR 4-3-3, is all paperwork in the real sense of the word when the game starts its all a joint task of 11(maybe 10) men attacking and defending for the soul purpose of victory.

#3: If lampard underperforms let hime warm the bench. We shouldn't allow past glories to becloud our rightful decisions, I counted a series of at least 4 faulty passes dished out by Lampard, that don't come from an in-form player with confidence.

#4: On Torres he still a useful man his tricks are sublime, so far he and his fellow teammates have not been able to enmesh him into the attacking network once these can be acheived the floodgates of goals will come back because Torres will score, then others will follow. I bet you guys the moment Torres scores the confidence level will rise again and we will start to see goals from Essien, Lampard and from distances too, of course the likes of Drogs/Anelka/kalou will always score once the floodgate is open.

So what is the way to kick out MUFC next week? Simple! man to man marking (no rough play so we dont get cards) , just making sure we dont give MUFC players yards of space to play and leaving no free Man U player on his own whereby he will be very composed enough to make good kicks into our goal area. We have a good attack that just needs to re-discover its sharpness and from midfield to defence no opponents player should be left unmarked. if we do the right things we can turn around this situation Then let CFC stop waiting for opponents to score first before they start playing why don't we change our approach and be the first to score a 2-0 lead and concentrate fully on an error free defence while occassionaly going forward to increase the tally. This season we have given away many cheap goals due to player error as opposed to well worked-out goals by our opponents. Let us change the tide. NOW IS THE TIME, to prove that we CFC are no fluke.

What gets me is that United could have really hurt us tonight. Our defence tends to all swarm on the player with the ball instead of marking up and trusting in there own personal ability. I think if united kept up the tempo they started with it would have been over in the first half. I think we were lucky.. Very lucky.....

what i thought of the team

Cech: Decent performance.

Terry: Played well but lacks the speed to cover Rooney or Hernadez all game.

Ivanovic. One of the best as always.

Ash: Played a solid defensive game but we are missing him in attack.

Bosingwa: Showed again why he was hooked in the Community shield vs United. Simply can't keep up with them and if an 38 year old can run circles around you, you simply aren't good enough.

Essien: Does more then he should. Saved the defence numerous times but was too tired to complete any decent passing.

Ramires: One of the fittest blokes on the pitch. Seemed to struggle with his role and finds himself running around like a headless chook.

Lampard: I hope it's an injury because i hate to see Lampard playing like this. Lacked vision and motivation. For somebody that has had nightmares since 08, he sure ain't doing anything about them.

Zhirkov: How Carlo can throw him in there after fuck all game time leading up to last night was stupid.

Torres: I saw shades of a decent player but i still feel like he is saving himself for something. It looks like he could use a few Red Bulls.

Drogba: Works too hard for a Striker! Attacks, Drops back to the MF and also defends... Why he was hooked for another slow player is beyond me. Even my wife was in shock and she doesn't know much about football..

Mikel: I literally stared in shock when this substitution was made! Absolutely no strategic value!

Anelka: Not enough time to make a difference

Malouda: Clearly has issues with the club or a certain player or players. Needs to either put in the game of his life next Tuesday or start shopping himself around...

My line up for next Tuesday:

Playing Malouda, Kalou and Anelka instead of Mikel, Ramires and Torres would be shocking. Malouda has been our worst performer, whereas in contrary Ramires has been our best. And we can't afford to play Anelka who in big games doesn't do much, and let Torres on bench, someone who we paid 58 million for.

I was so sad and dissapointed after the game that i had to wait all this time to calm down to be able to write a post.Damn it we were all waiting for this match since the draw with so much enthusiasm that we couldn't sleep last night (at least that was the case for me) and what did we get in exchange?Our team let us down.Big time.

The problem is not that we lost,is how we lost.This was the most important game of the year ,yet our players didn't show any desire for the win.No determination,no passion.Sure i can blame our luck,i can blame the referee,i can blame myself for the fact that i didn't wear the chelsea shirt i usually do when i am watching a game.I have done all that during the game but the truth is far more simple.We lost cause we proved we are not "big" enough to handle such an important game.

Ancelotti lost the fight before the game even started.Why the fuck did we play 4-4-2 tonight is beyond me.Everyone and i mean everyone knew united was going to overflood the midfield and use the wings to counterattack.As much as i hate Ferguson i can admit that he is a clever manager.He analyzed the last game they played agaisnt us and he ADAPTED his tactics for tonight's game.That's what good tacticians do.What did Ancelotti do?He fell right into the trap,like a rookie.First he uses Bosingwa as a RB when it's not a secret he sucks in defending,then he uses Drogba and Torres up front with noone able to pass the ball to them.When will he fucking understand that those two can't play together ffs.We were outplayed by the worst united team of recent times.Every time we were trying to attack our players were being outnumbered.The mancs were all over the field while our players were isolated.

Someone can say that i am being too harsh on Ancelotti and that anyone has the right to make a mistake.That's totally acceptable.So when he saw that his plan couldn't work what did he do?Did he make any changes during half time?No.We continued with the same ineffective plan.Then he decides that Anelka will take the place of Drogba,who was the only real threat to united.That's brilliant,it's like telling him that his performance doesn't matter,he needs to come off instead of Torres.NIce way to keep the balance inside the squad.Oh and where was Benayoun?

I am not saying that Ancelotti was the only one to blame.Most of our players were shocking mainly Bosingwa,Lampard,Essien and Zhirkov.Our midfield couldn't string 2 fucking passes together under pressure,which was all the time.But players don't turn from world class into average in just one season.Something bad is happening inside the club.I don't know what that is but they better solve it during the summer or else next year will be as bad as this one.And 3 more expensive trasnfers is not the solution.Anyway i hope the lads prove me wrong next week.I wish they go to OT and win the game and make me look stupid for all the things i said.I believe they can do it IF they want to.

I tell you, if we play 4-3-3 with Torres as the lone striker and Drogba wide right (don't call me insane, his crossing ability is better than anyone else's at the club) then he will finally get that service.

I believe Drogba is our only player able to deliver a good cross at the moment <_<

After Calming down a bit

I have to say we played quite well. Though we just couldn’t take our chances United had one clear cut chance and took it. had that chance been ours the ball would of hit the other side of the post and gone out. unfortunately the CL is a lot about luck and we just don’t have the man utd luck. here is how i thought our players rated:

Cech: didn’t put a foot wrong and could do nothing about the goal.

Ash. Solid as usual though wasn’t really tested.

Terry. Brilliant , someone who cares a lot about this club he played like a defender and a midfielder.

Ivan: Usual Good Shift but could of done with him on the right.

Bossy: A lot has already been said , he is way out of his depth , hasn’t been the same player since his injury. we must assess this in the summer.

Essien: Got forward well , tracked back well good game

Lamps: Other than the chance that evra cleared he wasn’t in the game and his corners where dire.

Rammy: Played well , never stopped running , but lacks the creative spark on the right.

Yuri: Didn’t really do much , i don’t think he has what it takes to beat a man other than running past them.

Drogba: Looked great in places , looked woeful in others this is Dider Drogba all over. Though he looked like the only one to make something happen. What really annoyed me was his cross that got blocked and he decided to throw a tantrum by the corner flag instead of getting the ball back and getting another cross in , this may have been the reason Caro took him off.

Torres: Showed glimpses of what he can do. The header that VDS saved was a world class save and it just seems like not even the ball wants to go in the net for him.

Anelka: Not enough time to make an impact

FloMo: Looked lively when he came on , but needs a rocket up his ass to get in some form.

Mikel: Looked good , composed on the ball , deserves more of a chance.

Just looked at the BBC Stats and we had more chances , what really go to me was ITV's Blatant bias towards Man utd it’s like they are watching a game with red tited glasses "the better team are ahead at half time" i understand if its a foreign team against and English one but not two English teams (rant over)

Attempts on target

• Chelsea 10
  • Man Utd 5
Attempts off target
  • Chelsea 6
  • Man Utd 0

Corners

• Chelsea 3
  • Man Utd 5
Fouls
  • Chelsea 15
  • Man Utd 13

We all know the penalty situation , but we knew this would happen it always does even if we had got it , the ref would have allowed all the united players to stand on the line of something :whistling:. It is hard to accept this is our last chance of silverware but thats football , you dont take your chances you dont win simple as that. It’s going to be a tough task on Tuesday night but if the boys really want it they will have to put the effort in.

Torres done a hell of a lot more than Drogba today.

Drogba was the only player who was creating chances for us, Torres cant hit a barn door at the moment.

Edited by Badboy

Why do we always concede the first goal, its always the same type of goal. We hardly ever concede when the opposition are trying to play through the middle, its always when the opposition attack down the flanks. I am seriously sick and tired of Frank Lampard, he was talking about playing when he is 38 like Ryan Giggs ? yeah right mate we don't carry liabilities.

Edited by Badboy

Why do we always concede the first goal, its always the same type of goal. We hardly ever concede when the opposition are trying to play through the middle, its always when the opposition attack down the flanks. I am seriously sick and tired of Frank Lampard, he was talking about playing when he is 38 like Ryan Giggs ? yeah right mate we don't carry liabilities.

Unfortunatly its so predictable its boring now. The champions league is the cup we should just enjoy the ride in , its the same every year we look good play well , but just dont have the luck ? the Edge ? to win it....

You'd drop Ramires over Malouda,Essien or Lamps ?????

I tell you, if we play 4-3-3 with Torres as the lone striker and Drogba wide right (don't call me insane, his crossing ability is better than anyone else's at the club) then he will finally get that service.

Sad isn't it. Sad but true.

I have not read through this thread, so apologies if I go over something that has already been discussed.

I think it is time for a reality check guys. I have been a hugely pro Torres and have criticised Ancellotti alot on here but last night was the opposite. Carlo picked exactly the team I woulsd have and I thought Torres was poor.

Man U are not a great side but they bossed the game last night, yes it was a blatant penalty but do not let that hide our frailties.

Lampard and Essien DO NOT have the ability to play centrally in a 4-4-2 and we had zero creative players on the pitch last night.

As was discussed at length on here Bosingwa is a liabilty, first rule of defending you NEVER turn your back on the ball.

Big changes are required in the summer if we are to change our style of play. For now we need to revert back to what we are good at 4-3-3 with strength, pace and effort and that means Torres on the bench till the summer.....

Lets forget that we signed Torres this season. We must go 4-3-3:

Kalou - Drogba - Anelka or Anelka - Drogba - Malouda

In next season we start to use use Torres, but right now he just out of place.

100% correct mate - we have to get back to what we are good at this year. 4-3-3 with Power, strength and directness. Our current players are not good enough to play 4-4-2 due to lack of creatiity....

We better seriously try tonight. No screw ups from Carlo regarding team/formation selction or subs,play Torres the full 90 mins.

We've got no excuses,we better just go for it.

Tomorrow,I don't want to be saying " Well 0-0 isn't a bad result" Or " We're only losing 1-0 with all to play for in the second leg"

None of that shit please,I remember being in these positions against Luckypool in the past.

I said I didn't want to be saying that !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's over isn't it,let's face it.

I said I didn't want to be saying that !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's over isn't it,let's face it.

It will be very difficut but not if we play to our strengths like I just mentioned 4-3-3 with the players that fit the system. Drogba has to be the main striker in our team up there.......Torres benched till the summer.