Wayne Rooney

J.F.

does rooney handing in a transfer request even have an effect? i mean utd know he wants to leave and that he wants to leave for chelsea, what will handing in a piece of paper change? i guess it makes it official but is that it?

.... only 3 more weeks of this thread..

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does rooney handing in a transfer request even have an effect? i mean utd know he wants to leave and that he wants to leave for chelsea, what will handing in a piece of paper affect change? i guess it makes it official but is that it?

It would completely turn ALL fans against him. Right now since he's been so quiet many of the supporters don't actually believe he's unhappy and wants out.

If he hands in a transfer request and makes it official and publicly known, the fans will be in a frenzy and demand him out of the club. It would hopefully make Moyes' life so miserable with the constant questioning and negative energy around the club that he'd just sell him to us.

does rooney handing in a transfer request even have an effect? i mean utd know he wants to leave and that he wants to leave for chelsea, what will handing in a piece of paper change? i guess it makes it official but is that it?

changes nothing mate

Do you think he's a decent enough alternative though for Rooney? Because not only does Mou want a new striker, he wants a striker with different attributes than the ones we already have.

Yeah, he's an okay alternative because he does offer something different but personally I would potentially try and get him if we can't get a Rooney or a Suarez.

Hope United don't delay this until deadline day. We've got 9 points and a Super Cup till then.

The only way this doesn't go until deadline day is if he comes out and makes it clear he's happy at United. Until then it has all the hallmark of going the long haul, and plus it will be a great spectacle for all the SSN big wigs with an iPad and a tiny bit of power.

yep no way see it ending before deadline day, united want to drag this as long as possible plus Moyes would want to sign a marquee replacement first before offloading, how bad would it look that his first piece of big business is Wayne Rooney OUT .

Swansea game this week is a massive indication for me of what will happen. I mean if he starts then fair enough, but if he is benched or not involved then its seriously curtains in all this for him. He still, for me, their best player and its quite clear he isn't injured, so to bench him or even drop him would be idiotic. I wouldn't buy into the excuse of 'he isn't fit' Hodgson has said he could start if needed, so that's that theory blown out.

It's good we are hearing Hodgson because we have, and are hearing, a middle ground, some what the truth in a hay of mess. Rooneys fit and ready to go, just not for united.

Say no more.

Player swap is absolutely out of the question. Cash only or no deal. I'd go to £40m and no more for him if I were the board. Maybe a smudge higher if Jose desperately pushes.

Regarding signing someone else if we do not get Rooney ,Jose was adamant that it was Rooney or nobody and when he makes bold statements like that to the press he usually means it ,I think that if we do not get Rooney it will be nobody and I dont think we will get Rooney.

It's unfortunate that we have to play United so early in the season. It's probably the only reason this transfer isn't progressing faster. Once that game passes I have a feeling United start listening to some offers.

What are we anticipating being the fee for him? Also, if there is a player added to the cash sum, who will it be? Are there untouchables like Juan Mata and/or Eden Hazard?

Wow, so your clearly not a Chelsea fan.... Cash plush Hazard or Mata? lol

Regarding signing someone else if we do not get Rooney ,Jose was adamant that it was Rooney or nobody and when he makes bold statements like that to the press he usually means it ,I think that if we do not get Rooney it will be nobody and I dont think we will get Rooney.

Bravado! All said to make Rooney feel like the Main man possibly

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You