Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still reckon United will wait till the last day of the transfer window to sell him to us. It will rule him out of the game at OT, and disrupt our pre-season. If that happens, I hope we don't sign him and they're stuck with a pissed off scouser in the dressing room. Either way, the ball is in Wayne's court.

According to some guy on SSN earlier Wayne Rooney is training hard and wants to be fit and ready to play in Manchester United's friendly on August 6th.

What is he implying by that though? That Rooney doesn't intend on forcing a transfer?

What is he implying by that though? That Rooney doesn't intend on forcing a transfer?

I don't know, he seems to be contradicting himself as he then went on to say that bridges between United and Rooney are still burnt. He also said United won't let Rooney go until they complete two big money signings.

I think what he is implying is that this saga could well continue on into mid/late August.

I don't know whether to be encouraged or discouraged about Rooney's silence.

On one hand, him not immediately squashing a move away on his official site or twitter makes me think he definitely wants out, but on the other hand, he could be keeping quiet and letting the speculation and possibility of him wanting to go to a title rival rampant as a ploy to force them to give him a new deal.

Wish he'd just put in a transfer request to speed things up. Really don't want to wait until deadline day where he'll have no preseason to aclimate and settle with his new teammates and manager. Plus he'd miss the United match.

I got SSN and must have missed that Rooney stuff about wanting to play in the August friendly. Mind you, I think it is Rio's testimonial so understandable

I watched it,all he said was:Rooney is training hard and is willing to play in utds friendly in Sweden & utd won't sell Rooney untill they have signed 1 or 2 marquee signings and he can see this saga dragging on past utd vs chelsea fixture

Either United are gonna sell him to a rival and make money out of it, or they will have an unhappy player on their hands. I reckon they are stalling in the hope they can sell him to somewhere else.

I watched it,all he said was:Rooney is training hard and is willing to play in utds friendly in Sweden & utd won't sell Rooney untill they have signed 1 or 2 marquee signings and he can see this saga dragging on past utd vs chelsea fixture

Which reporter was it. James Cooper?

I think it would be great if Rooney did come over. Can't wait till the deal finally takes place. Might take a few more weeks.

If we don't get him, at least Lukaku will get a chance. He will hopefully replicate the form that made him stand out at at West Brom. In fact taking into account that he's probably going to get more game time than he did there(if Rooney doesn't sign), he should be even better this time round.

Some great goals from Rooney here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTLVd0JUglk

I'd prefer if we went and got Fabregas ahead of Utd, rather then funding that deal by going for Rooney

A top drawer striker should be our priority if we our to challenge for the title, and for the Champions League. I don't see where Fabregas would fit in our formation anyway....considering we've already got Mata, Oscar, Hazard, De Bruyne, and Shurrle as our front three options.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You