Chelsea 1-1 Everton

BlueLion.

What a stupid post.

Eh? What teams wouldn't they get into then? Are they not full internationals?

You're clueless.

But Giggs is rested from time to time. He doesn't play week in week out.

He is fresh. That's how he can play brilliant for couple consecutive games.

Maybe because fergie knows how to rest players.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we should go with this formation--------Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz/Alex, Terry, A.cole, Essien(Holding), Ramires(RM), Zhyrkov(LM), Lampard (tip of d diamond), Drogba/Torres, Anelka in a 4-1-2-1-2 formation in EPL

when it will come to CL Bosingwa/Ivanovic (RB), Ivanovic/Alex (CB) n rest d same team

n abt d personnel changes (i want carlo but if he will go) i will love to see Di matteo/zola as a manager n steve clarke/wilkins (which is not going to happen) as assistant coach

Zola and Di Matteo surely not up for the Chelsea job, we need prooven managers with real authority. Football club is head on dictatorship, the problem is we don't have one

I worry about this club sometimes simply because I wonder if it is going to dominate the Premier League for many years to come. When Roman first bought the club, he had plans for Chelsea to become the most successful club in the next 100 years. If we can only be that for 8 years and then become the same team we were before, I don't think that's good enough!

Still, I have every faith in Carlo and Abramovich to turn this season around! Some fans are plastic if they honestly feel that they want Carlo sacked!!

I'd rather see us play in the Europa League next season and still have Carlo managing us, than not being in Europe at all and having an anonymous manager taking the reigns!!

Eh? What teams wouldn't they get into then? Are they not full internationals?

You're clueless.

Maybe because fergie knows how to rest players.

A guy who criticizes 4-3-3 so badly and knows nothing about 4-3-3 calls me clueless.

Yes they are internationals, but they are out of form.

Maybe because Fergie has options.

A guy who criticizes 4-3-3 so badly and knows nothing about 4-3-3 calls me clueless.

Yes they are internationals, but they are out of form.

Maybe because Fergie has options.

Are you Terminator X in disguise?

No sense what so ever.

I worry about this club sometimes simply because I wonder if it is going to dominate the Premier League for many years to come. When Roman first bought the club, he had plans for Chelsea to become the most successful club in the next 100 years. If we can only be that for 8 years and then become the same team we were before, I don't think that's good enough!

Still, I have every faith in Carlo and Abramovich to turn this season around! Some fans are plastic if they honestly feel that they want Carlo sacked!!

I'd rather see us play in the Europa League next season and still have Carlo managing us, than not being in Europe at all and having an anonymous manager taking the reigns!!

:goodpost: well said

But Giggs is rested from time to time. He doesn't play week in week out.

He is fresh. That's how he can play brilliant for couple consecutive games.

Preciesly. That's what needs to happen now, Lampard is walking proof of this.

Too many missed chances. I thought we played well, particularly in the second half and in extra time, we created chances, we were composed and we looked lively, just the finishing was off.

However in the first half and at various points in the game, the lack of width really does kill us a bit. Malouda doesn't keep the width permanently like a Nani, Pedro or Di Maria does and neither does Anelka, really if we are going to buy anyone in the Summer it has to be a quick winger. You've also got to ask what Ivanovic is thinking, 70 seconds away from progressing to the next round of the FA Cup, on the edge of his own box and he barges into Jagielka for no reason at all, there is no threat, Jagielka has his back to goal, just stand and let him flick it on to nowhere because given the position Ivanovic was in, he hadn't a chance of winning the ball against the Everton defender, is it any wonder we are handing out 25 million for a centre back?

Lets never let Nic Anelka take a penalty in a shoot out again. Id rather Terry and Cech take one ahead of him, Ashley's was hardly wonderful either.

In terms of Ancelotti Im not really sure if the blame can be laid at his doorstep. Too often we look a bit one dimensional and one paced but I fully put that down to a lack of threat from the flanks, I dont blame Ancelotti for that, he was handed this squad, maybe allow him to identify a quick winger and then sign him in the Summer and see how that goes next season, lets also give him the chance to put to use a fully fit Torres and to cement the partnership between Luiz and Terry, I wouldn't be those calling for his head yet.

Anyway, I suppose now the attention turns to finishing in the top four and the Champions League, I suppose Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005 when they were doing poorly domestically, maybe we can do the same (gotta stay positive right?) and we can use Torres in that competition. The bright points today? I thought Drogba was excellent today, his best game in bloody ages, made the ball stick up top, took some balls down from the sky which had to be seen to be believed, got the assist for Lampard's goal, definitely responded to Ancelotti dropping him Monday night and now Carlo has a choice to make between Torres and Drogba on Tuesday night. Ramires also had a very good game, impresses me more and more every time I see him, one of our best players this season, very solid defensively but also a great threat going forward, living up to the considerable hype.

Ramires for me has had a good spell of games these last couple of weeks. It's the players around him that don't deliver.

And looking at his performanc at Fulham, had David Luiz been in defence, Everton wouldn't have got a look in!