Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:goodpost:

Well balanced, taking account both sides of the argument! Could do with more posts like this.

Thank you very much, appreciate it. Though the loss today makes me look like a fool, but of course i will get over it, and i may still be on a side with Carlo i don't know. Probably, but i don't even know if Carlo can motivate the players, if this doesn't change then yes he would have to go, but my faith is still with Carlo.

The Chelsea job is not an attractive proposition. Only for the money hungry short termers, who couldn't give a fuck about long term investment.

This is why Carlo plays the pensioners.

That needs to change though, doesn't it? Hiring new manager would send out signal exactly like you described and frankly that's why we need to stick with Ancelotti. SAF was about to be sacked early in his career - yet he is still there. Wenger hasn't won anything for 6-7 years - still there.

We as fans are spoilt, let us, too, get used to having bad moments.

That's why I said IF. IF he was available would Roman sack Carlo tomorrow? The fact that he's not may help Carlo keep his job. If you read my previous posts in this page I want him to stay as we need stability and need to build long term. I'm on Carlo's side.

:goodpost: well said!

That's very true, the new fans need to experience what it was like supporting Chelsea before the money maybe then they'll stop being so spoilt.

That needs to change though, doesn't it? Hiring new manager would send out signal exactly like you described and frankly that's why we need to stick with Ancelotti.

We've been through that in the Ancelotti topic. Keeping a manager for the sake of stability and continuity completely ignoring his ability isn't healthy for the club. Using that logic we might as well have kept Scolari or even Grant..

That, frankly, sounds like one of the pro-Kalou arguments that had everyone criticizing his ability expecting too much from him and having standards that he couldn't meet. In other words it's just a very weak argument and yet another attempt to question the judgment of those criticizing Ancelotti instead of countering all the valid arguments against him.

Doesn't seem to be working though.

A lot of things aren't working under Ancelotti. Doesn't look like it affects him.

Some of you talk like we have finished 5th already and we got no chance of crawling to fourth. Dropping out of FA cup can be good for us aswell. Gives us extra time to prepare and rest our players, as we have a thin squad. I'd take top four finish and no FA cup anyday. We can't take anything for granted but all I'm saying is that we've got a good shot finishing well into top4 and finishing strong in CL, why not even win it (CL always takes luck aswell)

I'm supporting Carlo even if we drop from CL. Maybe this what we need, a wake up call to the players to wake the fuck up. At the moment they might be like "well we play bad, lets hope the next manager can help us play better but we're untouchable as players", thats wrong

Look i see what you mean, but i can't even do that anymore with Chelsea, this season has been a disaster. I mean our competition has got lower and lower, i remember when we had to watch out for Man United, Boom then there above us, then it was City, then Arsenal, and then fucking Tottenham who have there best players injured. And now it's a Liverpool challenge for 5th place, and i think we've lost it. Honestly we will be fighting with Sunderland or Bolton next. I am losing faith every match with Chelsea and Carlo, i remember people saying i'm all for giving young players ago but we need points', well i think the Young players can do much better than the ones on now. We done great begining of the season, i think it's unfair for other people to say that we only done good till we played the big teams, but damn i remember when we killed Arsenal, oh my god that match was brilliant, we could of scored like 6 nill, if players didn't make such silly mistakes, such as Anelka when he didn't look and it just went out the goal, our players just sat back on that day we were that much in form. The injuries didn't help at all, and it was like Carlo couldn't even supply with a bench, just because we got some good players who were injured theres no excuse for us to be losing to fucking birmingham.

I mean who are we?, a 1996 Black Burn?, or was it 97?, but still. I don't know if i can defend Carlo anymore, yes i blame it mostly on the players, but Carlo should be motivating them. I mean look at Tottenham, they have all there best players injured at the moment... and they jumped on to 4th place easy than ever, Rednap is good at motivating players. Carlo should be able to sort our team out. We want to prove the papers wrong that our team isn't to old and that we have to rotate completly.

That, frankly, sounds like one of the pro-Kalou arguments that had everyone criticizing his ability expecting too much from him. In other words it's just a very weak argument and yet another attempt to question the judgment of those criticizing Ancelotti instead of countering all the valid arguments against him.

Preach. :clap:

Look i see what you mean, but i can't even do that anymore with Chelsea, this season has been a disaster. I mean our competition has got lower and lower, i remember when we had to watch out for Man United, Boom then there above us, then it was City, then Arsenal, and then fucking Tottenham who have there best players injured. And now it's a Liverpool challenge for 5th place, and i think we've lost it. Honestly we will be fighting with Sunderland or Bolton next. I am losing faith every match with Chelsea and Carlo, i remember people saying i'm all for giving young players ago but we need points', well i think the Young players can do much better than the ones on now. We done great begining of the season, i think it's unfair for other people to say that we only done good till we played the big teams, but damn i remember when we killed Arsenal, oh my god that match was brilliant, we could of scored like 6 nill, if players didn't make such silly mistakes, such as Anelka when he didn't look and it just went out the goal, our players just sat back on that day we were that much in form. The injuries didn't help at all, and it was like Carlo couldn't even supply with a bench, just because we got some good players who were injured theres no excuse for us to be losing to fucking birmingham.

I mean who are we?, a 1996 Black Burn?, or was it 97?, but still. I don't know if i can defend Carlo anymore, yes i blame it mostly on the players, but Carlo should be motivating them. I mean look at Tottenham, they have all there best players injured at the moment... and they jumped on to 4th place easy than ever, Rednap is good at motivating players. Carlo should be able to sort our team out. We want to prove the papers wrong that our team isn't to old and we have to rotate completly.

Redknapp has lots of options in the midfield. We've got only one reliable player for a position where as Redknapp can rotate and juggle with players who could make up 2 competetive teams.

Redknapp has lots of options in the midfield. We've got only one reliable player for a position where as Redknapp can rotate and juggle with players who could make up 2 competetive teams.

But still, we should have supply, so does that mean anytime when our midfield or playmaker get injured we will be going on a losing streak for the rest of the season. Well i hope not, i suppose we got to get used to having bad moments, just that this one could of been repaired, the Liverpool only had a bad moment mainly because those americans who were there owners. However i still got my faith in Carlo i guess.

Valuing style over results and/or concistency would have made more sence had we not been a club in need of a transitional period and had our break-even plans not been so reliant on playing in the CL.

Absolutely; for instance, it did Arsenal no harm to consistently play good football, but neither did it do them any good. The difference is, Arsenal continued to play good football 90% of the time, and we're lucky to even have a single passage of creative play in a match at the moment. However, after seasons without winning trophies, Arsenal are very close to being capable of seriously challenging for titles.

True but I think that's where we blame the players. Carlo came out and said sexy football had cost us (can't remember when). Every season the league gets harder and harder, our players have now failed to adapt, failed to improve and I blame them and Carlo at the same time.

I'd understand if the board does sack him, I'm personally not calling for it though.

I'm in exactly the same boat. Your point about the league being more competitive is also a very pertinent point; the gap between the Big Five and the rest of the league is becoming smaller and smaller.

• 3 weeks later...

"I know Chelsea want to get back to the 4-3-3 formation"

That must be complete bullshit. Why on earth would Roman care about the formation? He'd want a manager that will win, by any means necessary. Rijkaard has been linked with us so many times since José left! He's linked with every major team actually :lol:

"I know Chelsea want to get back to the 4-3-3 formation"

That must be complete bullshit. Why on earth would Roman care about the formation? He'd want a manager that will win, by any means necessary. Rijkaard has been linked with us so many times since José left! He's linked with every major team actually :lol:

Rijkard is probably going to coach Sporting CP next season.