James McCarthy

BlueLion.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always been a great player, was simply far too good for the SPL at 17/18 and has done well at Wigan in the last few seasons. Wouldn't mind him in our midfield actually, got good ability on the ball, great work rate... so why not?

Always been a great player, was simply far too good for the SPL at 17/18 and has done well at Wigan in the last few seasons. Wouldn't mind him in our midfield actually, got good ability on the ball, great work rate... so why not?

Well, for some reason, we prefer splashing the cash on foreign league players.

McCarthy would be a good addition to our midfield, reliable player.

We're not Liverpool. So no.

Ignorant Post.

Back to original post, I like him a lot but I don't think he'd get the gametime/development with us which is unfortunate. If we gave him the time to grow with the team I'd love it, but I just don't see it :(

Well, for some reason, we prefer splashing the cash on foreign league players.

McCarthy would be a good addition to our midfield, reliable player.

Yeah sadly enough we seem to look beyond homegrown players and go for overrated/average players from outside the UK who cost like 20 million.

Ignorant Post.

Back to original post, I like him a lot but I don't think he'd get the gametime/development with us which is unfortunate. If we gave him the time to grow with the team I'd love it, but I just don't see it :(

Yes, pretty ignorant and shallow. But there is still some truth in it. We want the best we can get, we're not searching for mediocre British players, and those are the players Liverpool have been pursuing (with exceptions).

Yes, pretty ignorant and shallow. But there is still some truth in it. We want the best we can get, we're not searching for mediocre British players, and those are the players Liverpool have been pursuing (with exceptions).

We also need to look to the future, I remember a lot members scoffing at Antonio Valencia, now look at him. Just because they aren't Elite players doesn't mean they won't come good.

We also need to look to the future, I remember a lot members scoffing at Antonio Valencia, now look at him. Just because they aren't Elite players doesn't mean they won't come good.

Exactly. Just because they aren't at a big club or aren't a major name you can't say they aren't going to be good players. I mean honestly when Wigan first signed McCarthy I bet half their fans sat scoffing at him, wondering who the fuck he was despite major European clubs being linked with him...

I wholeheartedly agree that we need to look to the future. But then I also want us to look to best of the youngsters available. It seems that the only thing we are disagreeing on is the ability of McCarthy. I just don't think he has what it takes to excel here, and while I am all for paying considerably large fees for exceptional youngsters, I just don't think McCarthy fits the bill.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You