James McCarthy

BlueLion.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should have a look at him in January, it's known we're following him for some time (there was rumours about a £10m offer last year).

We got a more promising player than Hulk in Moses. I really think we could do the same deal with McCarthy who's a more interesting option than Fellaini (for what we need, for the way we play etc...)

McCarthy has often been acknowledged as an all round midfielder, good to recover the ball but quite "continental" in his playing style.

I think we should have a look at him in January, it's known we're following him for some time (there was rumours about a £10m offer last year).

We got a more promising player than Hulk in Moses. I really think we could do the same deal with McCarthy who's a more interesting option than Fellaini (for what we need, for the way we play etc...)

McCarthy has often been acknowledged as an all round midfielder, good to recover the ball but quite "continental" in his playing style.

As usual with your posts there is that one word that I have no idea what you mean by :lol::P

But I rate McCarthy quite a lot as well and think he can do even better with a higher caliber of players around him. Think it's about time he made a switch to a better side than Wigan (no offence to Wigan)

As usual with your posts there is that one word that I have no idea what you mean by :lol::P

Usually the briton (never knew how to spell that, from UK) midfielder tends to be a box to box or rely on runs with or without the ball. McCarthy is much more of the Carrick/Josh type, not particulary the ones who are made to flourish in UK whereas there's plenty of MFs elsewhere in Europe who tend to have the same abilities than them.

McCarthy doesn't carries the ball that much, he's in "pass, ask, pass" mood most of the time. Always available, good vision and good execution to deliver the pass he saw. That's something we find in continental Europe.

A bit off topic but considering I'm french but I'm blinkered with English football, I'm always bemused to see that the concept of box to box midfielder isn't something evident for a lot of people in France. There's also a clear issue with shooting from distance in France by example, we see that from grassroots to the very top level, players don't shoot from outside the box...

We won't sign him

but if he was from Brazil and called Carthinio we would be bidding in excess of £20m for him

Or if he was English. English players are gods compared to Irish, Northern Irish, Welsh and Scottish footballers.

ENGLAND!

Usually the briton (never knew how to spell that, from UK) midfielder tends to be a box to box or rely on runs with or without the ball. McCarthy is much more of the Carrick/Josh type, not particulary the ones who are made to flourish in UK whereas there's plenty of MFs elsewhere in Europe who tend to have the same abilities than them.

McCarthy doesn't carries the ball that much, he's in "pass, ask, pass" mood most of the time. Always available, good vision and good execution to deliver the pass he saw. That's something we find in continental Europe.

A bit off topic but considering I'm french but I'm blinkered with English football, I'm always bemused to see that the concept of box to box midfielder isn't something evident for a lot of people in France. There's also a clear issue with shooting from distance in France by example, we see that from grassroots to the very top level, players don't shoot from outside the box...

British.

I am from Britain.

I am British.

I am a Brit / Britisher / Briton.

That should cover it.

• 2 weeks later...

Was very impressed with him today against Arsenal.He completed 54 out of 63 passes (86% completion ratio). He also won 5 out of the 6 tackles he attempted today and completed 3 out of the 5 take ons he tried. Also made one interception.

10f0525885ec53f21dcb7e004279099e.png

82c6878303dc8ce40da68dd7ed0c6707.png

Was very impressed with him today against Arsenal.He completed 54 out of 63 passes (86% completion ratio). He also won 5 out of the 6 tackles he attempted today and completed 3 out of the 5 take ons he tried. Also made one interception.

10f0525885ec53f21dcb7e004279099e.png

82c6878303dc8ce40da68dd7ed0c6707.png

What app is that?

• 4 months later...

I like him. But this is Wigan. They'll add another £10 million to his actual worth.

But, in all fairness, do we really need him? He'll be a bit part player at best next season if we sign him. He's better off going elsewhere.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You