James McCarthy

BlueLion.

I might be reading a bit much into this put the scoring positions McCarthy found himself in today kinda reminds me of Frank Lampard (obviously a long way to go before he gets near him but if he can be half as good :rolleyes: ).

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His goal today did require a lot of skill, though there was an element of fortune with the flick over the defender's leg which left him with the chance to shoot. Very acute finish, nevertheless. Looks like a good prospect but I think a move to use would still be a bit premature in his development as a footballer.

• 5 months later...

McCarthy's talks with Wigan break down with Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea all interested in signing midfielder

Last updated at 11:38 PM on 28th July 2011

James McCarthy and Wigan have broken down alerting Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.The 20-year-old is rated at £15million by Wigan but, after two rounds of talks, both parties seem no nearer a deal.

article-0-0D0DC35C000005DC-223_468x325.jpg In demand: James McCarthy

Wigan would be loath to lose the midfielder following Charles N’Zogbia's sale and increased interest in Hugo Rodallega.

Meanwhile, PSV Eindhoven have made a move to take Wigan Athletic fullback Ronnie Stam on loan.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2019981/James-McCarthys-talks-Wigan-break-down.html#ixzz1TVAUg1Yj

He is an incredible player, he is full of qualities, very complete and disciplined... Maybe we could sign him in the next 2 or 3 years...

He has a great mentality and his progress is lightning for the last seasons. He isn't as good as Parker in tackles but he can do everything on the pitch as Parker (or more !). I'd love seeing Parker back to Chelsea but I would love even more seing McCarthy at Chelsea.

Maybe we could make an arrangement with Wigan, we give them Kakuta on a season long loan... ? happy.gif

We have also Conor Clifford, we shall not forget :P

And sarifice a (potential) wide player for yet another central midfielder? Sure ...

Anyway Kakuta isn't ready for the first team yet I think, he would better be loaned out this season somewhere. So we must consider the best options for him, and why not for the club in the same time... ?

Well maybe you're right, the boy has the potential to reach a deal with him seriously. In Wigan hardly reached a high level. You go to a club like Villa, Bolton, Everton to play constantly

Scottish pirlo, can play that deep lying playmaker role or can play attacking role. He Is a good player, can be a great player, would be nice to have an Irish international at Chelsea again. Conor clifford doesnt seem to be part of avbs plans :/ hopefully he can get a loan to a championship club this season :)

• 9 months later...

Just putting it out there. Very good and multitalented midfielder, Great passing and vision, and only 21 years of age. I know we have McEachran, but I really think that McCarthy and McEachran could add to each others games and form perhaps a midfield pairing. He'd only be about £10m i'd imagine, and is proven against top opponents.

Thoughts?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You