James McCarthy

BlueLion.

This has Arsenal written all over it, let him go there, he isn't good enough for us.

He's at least good enough to be a squad player. He's technically very good and he has PL experience. Just because he plays for Wigan, doesn't mean he's not good enough for us, he can certainly do a better job in the pivot than what Lamps has done this season.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's at least good enough to be a squad player. He's technically very good and he has PL experience. Just because he plays for Wigan, doesn't mean he's not good enough for us, he can certainly do a better job in the pivot than what Lamps has done this season.

Don't need to shove the "Just because he plays for Wigan" thing down my throat...I was all for us signing Moses when 90% of CFC fans where saying he was average.

We need better players than James McCarthy competing in our midfield. Hell, keep Lamps.

Don't need to shove the "Just because he plays for Wigan" thing down my throat...I was all for us signing Moses when 90% of CFC fans where saying he was average.

We need better players than James McCarthy competing in our midfield. Hell, keep Lamps.

You're underrating James...A LOT!

True, we need better players than James McCarthy as our starting midfielder....but it wouldn't hurt to sign him as squad rotation.

Just look at us this season...we had no deeper midfield options on the bench.

If Moses is good enough, McCarthy is definitely good enough for a squad role at a higher level club like Chelsea or Arsenal..

going from ballack , lampard , essien , makelele to james mccarthy? no thanks. not a bad player at all. but we should invest heavily in undisputed world class midfielders.

going from ballack , lampard , essien , makelele to james mccarthy? no thanks. not a bad player at all. but we should invest heavily in undisputed world class midfielders.

Nothing stopping from becoming world class, broseph.

This has Arsenal written all over it, let him go there, he isn't good enough for us.

NO NO NO NO NO ALL LIES :(

I think we have to at least sign a midfielder but if it were to be from the PL he'd be high on my list. Hes a very much complete MF player, can get stuck in, can get up to help and support the striker and a very very good passer of the ball. Hes not a box to box player as SeB said a few pages back, hes very much in that Michael Carrick role where he receives the ball, puts his head up passes it and asks for it again. I had watched him in the SPL and knew straight away that he was a good player, Hamilton didn't really play a similar style of football like the ball retention based football Wigan do so it was always going to be interesting to see how he did under Roberto Martinez. He has excelled and is much more disciplined and tactically aware as he was at Hamilton. I think he'd be a decent option for our pivot, hes not exactly Xabi Alonso but hes a hard working player with certain qualities to be a success for Chelsea.

This would be an excellent signing if we can get him for cheap. Good technical ability, versatile (played at CB a few times), and more importantly he understands his tactical role.

He's Scottish. We rarely have Scottish players. I like Scottish players. Scottish players are good. Scottish players tackle very hard. Scottish players rarely possess the technique this guy has. I just read he plays for the ROI. Scotland needs a Scottish player like him. Sign him up immediately.

James McCarthy come on. He might become a decent, above-average EPL-midfielder, but there is no way he will ever become Chelsea material. We only have to look at Josh, Chalobah or guys from the Academy to find players with at least as much potential. Generally I am against these kind of signings, looking for medicore players elsewhere. Mourinho did them in 2007. When in need of squad player we should promote our own youth products. They may not develop to full potential but at least we save a lot of money.

He's Scottish. We rarely have Scottish players. I like Scottish players. Scottish players are good. Scottish players tackle very hard. Scottish players rarely possess the technique this guy has. I just read he plays for the ROI. Scotland needs a Scottish player like him. Sign him up immediately.

:lol:

One of the best young scottish players, plays for ROI. lol.

For me, this transfer all depends on the price. Something under 10 mil, then yes. He would be a great squad player. Who would be great for depth purposes, as well as adding another home grown player. Any more than that then maybe not. But he is another great youngster. Shame he is not proper British (English :D)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You