Sunderland 2-4 Chelsea

BlueLion.

That thread made more sense than you claiming David Luiz, fresh off the plane, suffering from jet lag, who has never played in the premier league before. Should start against Liverpool in one of the biggest games of the season.. for his debut.

lndeed. Luiz will need time to settle in with the team and learn how to play with the new defensive line, theres no reason to play him over Ivanovic this Sunday.

To be honest I'm not sure if we even should start Torres, maybe sub him on after half.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the firsthalf was defensive wise somehow strange especially Mikel and Bane where disappointing, we where the better team on any time but two lapses cost us two goals, OK the first mikel goal was something like a 50:50 chance, cause he couldn't have done anything about it, the defender took a shot and it somehow was diping and curleing and was in, there are only one out of 1 000 000 shots that go in like this one and this is not defendable... the second was a bit stupid but you have to admit it was an ronaldinhoesque freekick and its hard to defend that, as a wall you always has to jump a bit, and sometimes the ball goes through under you're feet, a good free kick...

but the second half was different, Mikel played really well untill his substitiution, nitercepting countless times and than, get caught of possesion one time that was pretty stupid and not Mikel-like... else he dictate the tempo of the game really well, made tempo high and was the key for our good half, never took too long on the ball, despite 3 or 4 times, don't know what carlo told him on half time, but he really got things sorted out in the second. Hope he isn't injured for to long, because we have no real replacement for him

Mikel 6.5 for his lapses in the first half, albeit he played really really well in the second I have to say, and was way better than Drogba this is not the Mikel we all now from the last 2 seasons looked like his head wasn't on his shoulders in the first half...

Essien was invisible in the first half but was so much better in the second, this was the bison I learned to love great performance, in the first half it looked really like an Essien being lost in the game, we've seen so often this season but second half was sublime.... 7

Lampard 6.5 for his hard work, looked like he needs one or two games to get high to his old standards great penalty unstopable

Cech wasn't as good as he used to be 5.5 at fault for the wrong possitioning of his wall and could've catched the first ball if he was down earlier...

Bane a bit strange but I think he will be RB sooner rather than later 6.5

Terry super display 7

Ashley underpar but learned to deal wis el mohamady a bit better in the second half 5.5

Bosingwa 6 better than we know from him of late his crossing was bad like ever

Anelka 9 super display in this free role at the peak of the diamond, just great... there is where he should always play with torres up-front alongside Drogs or Kalou

Kalou 8 super display from Kalou, this is his real position and here you can see what he can do but his chance takeing ist STILL awfull, how on earth can you hit BOTH posts with ONE shot? :fainthv9:

Drogs 5 Flop of the Match for me, faded in and out

I love Kalou but he soooo frustrating. If i was managing him I'd definitely give him extra training in finishing, and at the moment use him on 60-70 mins ala Solskaer. The bloke is a fantastic athlete, but hasnt seemed to improved , even with all those great players around him.

Not sure about the thinking of leaving out Drogba, especially the way he torments liverpool. In all honestly, i think we should play the same team as yesterday with the exceptions of Malouda for Kalou and Ramires for Obi. Our defence was great yesterday and we should only bring Torres on at some point in the 2nd half.

My team was kind of like how i want Chelsea to play generally now. I agree there's no need to start Luiz in this game, Torres is 50/50 for me.

We were very good yesterday, no big changing is required, at least in the first half. Luiz should be eased into the team, Torres well, it's up to him. He's already ready imo but new players usually start on the bench to get a huge ovation when they come on.

Edited by OllieCFC

Lack of maturity on this board pisses me off sometimes.

None the less I'm still crazy over that match yesterday, glad the result worked in our favour because it was very open and great for a nuetral! I might download the whole game to rewatch it! :D

I think Public Enemy...sorry,Terminator X and Madmax should get a room.Better still,make a movie.

Terminator vs Madmax,now there's a thought!

Honestly guys,it's ok to differ opinion,but acting your shoe size as opposed to your age is very embarrassing.

Let's keep it clean eh?.No one wants to get banned from here,and i'm sure Jim or the other admin/mods could do without the headache of banning you as i'm sure they've got better things to do.

Great win for Chelsea btw.I knew this blip would be over one way or another.Even though it could of been well avoided!.

Lol considering kalou's ability as a footballer he had an absolute blinder yesterday !

You've always had faith in Kalou badboy.Respect to you

Btw.Did oyu get much stick on here after losing the World Cup?.Go on,be honest.I'll find out one way or another!

For the record,i wanted Holland to win.

You've always had faith in Kalou badboy.Respect to you

Btw.Did oyu get much stick on here after losing the World Cup?.Go on,be honest.I'll find out one way or another!

For the record,i wanted Holland to win.

Arjen Robben failed us in the world cup final and sadly it will tarnish his international career. My heart missed a beat when he was put through twice then he failed to score both times, my best friend was crying when the Spanish scored it was the worst footballing moment i have ever experienced, 100 times worse then the champions league final. The great thing was though for a population of only 16 million people we continue to churn out great footballers, England has a population around 50 million and they suck lol i could not resist the little dig hahahahah sorry !

Arjen Robben failed us in the world cup final and sadly it will tarnish his international career. My heart missed a beat when he was put through twice then he failed to score both times, my best friend was crying when the Spanish scored it was the worst footballing moment i have ever experienced, 100 times worse then the champions league final. The great thing was though for a population of only 16 million people we continue to churn out great footballers, England has a population around 50 million and they suck lol i could not resist the little dig hahahahah sorry !

No offence taken badboy.England would of got raped by either Holland or Spain.

Howard Webb had a good performance as usual :rolleyes:

But anyway,unlucky,The Dutch do have a good young side though,but we'll leave that for another thread in the coming months :)

I love Kalou but he soooo frustrating. If i was managing him I'd definitely give him extra training in finishing, and at the moment use him on 60-70 mins ala Solskaer. The bloke is a fantastic athlete, but hasnt seemed to improved , even with all those great players around him.

Very enigmatic is Kalou,but he always seems to dig us out of the shit.Seems like the lads like having him around as well :)

Only Kalou could hit both bars and it still not go in..bless him.

Saw the highlights and jesus never knew we could move that fast! We aint for a long time it seems.

actually hit both posts not even Kalou could hit both crossbars with one shot .....although perhaps....

saw the game on a link ....seemed speeded up ...then saw Sky ...it was incredible pace.. wonder if Nik was tested for speed??

actually hit both posts not even Kalou could hit both crossbars with one shot .....although perhaps....

saw the game on a link ....seemed speeded up ...then saw Sky ...it was incredible pace.. wonder if Nik was tested for speed??

Edited :P

Sure he could if he tried hard lol can just imagin it lol

And when we lost the ball they ran back to get it rather then wacthing Sunderland run down the other end with it.Great stuff and hopfully can keep this form up again.Lots of running :D

Only Kalou could hit both posts and it still not go in..bless him.

Saw the highlights and jesus never knew we could move that fast! We aint for a long time it seems.

No doubt the FAPL will summon the players for dope testing after their quick-fire display last night.Except Obi Wan,who still needs to grow a bit of balls.

Very enigmatic is Kalou,but he always seems to dig us out of the shit.Seems like the lads like having him around as well :)

He supplies a lot of energy and all were up for it last night -though Drogs seemed a bit sluggish. Even so the counter attacking was breakneck speed. United will definitely lose one or both their games against us.

Yeah kalou seems a very popular member of the squad with the other players :ph34r: