Sunderland 2-4 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told U guys..... The Effect in the Offensive and Defensive side was immediately .... today the Sleeping Niko said.... my game is on the Line..... Kalou my Change need to be taked ....

Nico did the best performance today.... Now Torres needs to do even better to take a Chance..... and so on.....

Competitive is good for Business.... Mr. Roman knows that.... And hit it!!

Bosingwa makes such funny faces I can't keep a straight face when I'm watching him :D

Amazing performance by Anelka tonight ... I hope Carlo finds the right place for Torres in our attack.

If we play like we did tonight in away matches in CL I think we can have a real shot of getting to Wembley.

is there anybody out there who still believe that Drogba+Torrer will work better than Torres+Anelka ?

Torres+Anelka reminds me of Jimmy Floyd+Eidur.

Going by the style of play alone , the Torres-Anelka combo will be a lot more fluid than Torres-Drogba will ever be ( unless they work that out ).

Could try this for Sunday :

Bane ______ Luiz _______Terry ______Cole

__Ramires_____Mikel / Ess____Lamps

_______________Nico____________

_________Drogba_____Torres_______

Yes yes, a good performance emo6.gif.

We were passing the ball well, our off-the-ball movement was like hundred times better, pretty much every player was confident on the ball and (therefore) creating chances. Sadly I tuned when Sunderland just scored. But after seeing our play I was confident we would get back into the game, simply because we were playing well and it happened.Then Sunderland scored again, what a stupid goal btw, but we were still playing well so i'm confident about us eventually winning this one.

Did anyone notice we were playing the '4-4-2 diamond formation'?

Anelka has been great. I just knew Anelka would play a lot better in a free role behind the strikers (check my post in the tactics thread). His movement is fantastic, passing the ball much quicker, dribbling forward (with pace at times) and always available to receive a pass. Lampard lacks the movement for that role and that's why he failed in that role. All he needs to do now is get forward a bit more and start shooting.

Two other players who have been great too are Essien and surprise surprise Kalou. Kalou is really enjoying a good game. His passing is solid, his touches are (surprisingly) very solid and his movement is good. Last season I said Kalou would play a lot better in a central striker role, preferably in a two-striker system. And he's really proving me right. Keep it up Salomon. But about his goal, you either have to be very confident or very stupid to shoot from where he stood. It would be much easier to tap the ball to the left a bit and shoot it into a empty goal. But who cares, it went in happy.gif.

I'm so happy right now cool.gif. Keep it up boys.

Good performance Chelsea! Haven't enjoyed Chelsea's play in ages.

The second half performance wasn't as good as the first but it was still very solid. Should've scored more but i'm happy.

Mikel didn't enjoy a good second half but he was pretty solid in the first (horrible defending at Sunderland's goal though, the only huge weakness in his game).

Bosingwa and Drogba were really poor today. Drogba can't afford these performances anymore, he doesn't deserve to start vs. Liverpool.

Kalou had a good game and got a goal. It's so obvious he's a striker and he plays a lot better in his natural role. Essien was good too.

The diamond formation really worked today and that was mainly because of Anelka with a Man of the Match performance. He was fantastic. The role behind the strikers fits him perfectly. I really enjoyed his performance and I hope he'll perform like this again against Liverpool.

Cech - 6

Bosingwa - 5

Ivanovic - 6

Terry - 7.5

Cole - 7

Mikel - 6

Essien - 7

Lampard - 7.5

Anelka - 10

Kalou - 8

Drogba - 5