Sunderland 2-4 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Stunning, absolutely stunning from the Frenchman tonight, if only we could sign a 50 million striker every week to get him to play in this vain of form. Everything that is so often wrong with his game, his holding midfielder like positioning, his coastal erosion level of speed on the ball, his absolutely unwillingness to work hard for the team, and his defiance to using his blistering pace to go past players were all put right tonight, he was absolutely immense, setting up one and scoring the 4th. Nic Anelka put forward a very strong case as to why he should never have been suggested as a makeweight in the Torres deal and why he should be the one to partner Torres when the Spaniard debuts.

Another note of interest was Drogba's positioning, credit to him, when he found himself out wide he still proved effective and chased back to help out the defence, I still think a 4-3-3 could work even when Torres is introduced into the side.

The only negative I can think of is Mikel, to be fair to him I suppose he is just recently back from injury but really he has got to be faster on the ball and for a holding midfielder he is far too passive.

Credit to Sunderland who made a real game of it, they didn't set their stall out to defend, they attacked right from the off and put in a very good performance, Richardson and Bardsley both played well and Henderson impressed with his composure.

A lot of Chelsea fans are calling that our best away performance this season and I dont think id disagree with them, sure we beat Bolton by more goals but I thought our performance tonight was better and against a higher level of opposition.

but we MUST stop giving teams a goal start...

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the people who said Anelka would become 'The Sulk' again whistling.gif?

but we MUST stop giving teams a goal start...

Very true. But I was confident we would get back and win the game, you could see it in the way we played.

I agree with that, the first goal we conceded really was not good from a defensive standpoint, that being said I thought we looked like the better team throughout, played with the right attitude and you could see that the players were really on their games tonight.

Hey! Sunderland are 6th and have a chance for Europa! :(

:lol: but I agree with you, GREAT game, but Liverpool will be a big threat on Sunday! Still.. For now, let's celebrate :getin::drunk:

yes i agree, scumpool will be tough, raise there game,defend like fcuk and hope to draw or sneak one

and thats what i mean by us getting a bit of luck---get an early goal (of reinas arse for all i care) then tear them apart..

ps-------i wonder will --- aaaayyyy st. steevie me have showin carroll all the fighting clubs/pubs by the weekend,

Some people expected that yes (not me for the record haha), but it's great to see that he's reacted to Torres signing in such a professional way.

I don't believe it's a reaction to the signing of Torres. It may have had some effect but I think it's because he simply played in a different role, a role that fits him much better.

Here :D

But i'm more than happy to be wrong ^_^

tiphat.gif.

Until we scored the winner, we had been awfully unlucky - Ivan, Kalou, Anelka. Those chances should have been goals. Anyway the winner scored by our captain, lovely moment. A beautiful shot by Lampard and a clinical finish by our defender :D Unstoppable.

Edited by milan.cech

WHAT a difference in 48 hours ....no prospect of a signing ...we were all arguing ,,well a lot of us were ...now ...only downside we have busted our

server with record posts and no fights ...Cmon TX lets fight ...and bring on Kostas and Henriques as well.

WHAT a difference in 48 hours ....no prospect of a signing ...we were all arguing ,,well a lot of us were ...now ...only downside we have busted our

server with record posts and no fights ...Cmon TX lets fight ...and bring on Kostas and Henriques as well.

Hahahah :lol:

think everyones in too much shock and delight to fight!

That was a fantastic performance, a real pleasure to watch. Anelka was brilliant, Lampard was brilliant, even Kalou was also very good but still did his usual miss a sitter trick that he does in his usual consistent way. We were unlucky for both goals we conceded, Cech unsighted for the first and then the 2nd goes under the wall but what character we showed. That's our best performance this season and if i'm not mistaken, we were just as good there last season.

At 2-2 i was so worried that the goal wouldn't come but was so happy when we got it. We have the best Captain in the world, if anyone can tell me a better defender this season, anywhere, i don't know him.

As LDN said, Anelka, Lampard, JT and Kalou were our best players today in that order but there were also lots of other good displays. Very proud today. I think the Torres signing gave the players an extra buzz too. The confidence was back today.

Chelsea are back, bring on the tire thieves.

We have the best Captain in the world, if anyone can tell me a better defender this season, anywhere, i don't know him.

He's been amazing since day 1 of his chelsea career. Best English defender ever,no goon,manc or scouse will ever admit it though.

Kalou's ability to deliberately put crosses out of play in spectacular fashion, and his talent to sublimely hit both posts with a single shot underlines his importance to this team.

For Liverpool:

Cech

Ivanovic-Terry-Luiz-Cole

Ramires-Essien-Lampard

Anelka

Kalou-Torres

Subs: Turnbull/Hilario, Bosingwa, Bruma, McEachran, Mikel, Malouda, Drogba

Holy shit, a proper bench :o

Kalou's ability to deliberately put crosses out of play in spectacular fashion, and his talent to sublimely hit both posts with a single shot underlines his importance to this team.

For Liverpool:

Ramires-Essien-Lampard

Anelka

Kalou-Torres

?

that's why we love him :whistling: