Sunderland 2-4 Chelsea

BlueLion.

I don't have the words to compliment this performance by every player.I was estatic when JT scored he is truly our living legend.

4-4-2 diamond is brilliant.Suits all the players very well and Anelka bloomed in this position.Well done blues well fucking done!

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anelka was nothing short of phenomenal.

Probably his best performance in a Chelsea shirt. Can't remember the last time a Chelsea player was so much better than everyone else on the field.

Completely agree there. He was fantastic, had an amazing run too when Kalou hit the post!

Magnificent performance. The pace of the entire match was unbelievable and the first 15 mins of the 2nd half was amazing. Great to see everyone putting in a shift, haven't seen that sort of commitment for a while now.

Just hope we can carry on to next week and so on!

Analka :D none of that stropping that seemed might happen just great performance.Knows gotta fight for his place etc and doing a pretty good job

Please just do this Sunday!!!!

I don't have the words to compliment this performance by every player.I was estatic when JT scored he is truly our living legend.

4-4-2 diamond is brilliant.Suits all the players very well and Anelka bloomed in this position.Well done blues well fucking done!

It suited Lampard as well which IS very nice to see. He was getting into his favourite positions as usually, perfect.

great game from a chelsea viewpoint----great entertainment from a neutral view-------

-------but lets just come back a step or two here (and i don't want to be too negative ) but this was sunderland ,yes sunderland not any of the top four/five--a team we should wipe our feet with in our quest to defend our title...

but heeeyyyyy -----like i said weeks ago---yes we're back and upped two to three gears since those awful months when they beat us at the bridge, yes we're gettin our mojo and swagger again and yesterdays signings have installed the rhythm/spring in the players again---------tho not every game will be as open as this and we'll still need to work hard and get some of luck the others above us have to win games.....

Anelka----excellent when you move the ball quickly---full marks 10

JT----------class above--speed was never your thing but reading the game and heart is all you----9

Lamps---- getting there with your fitness-----7.5

all the rest --------------7

Halsley ------ still a prized dick---------3

i may be sober tomorrow to view this again---------but heeyyy----------------Nando you may have to work hard to get into this outfit

Anelka was nothing short of phenomenal.

Probably his best performance in a Chelsea shirt. Can't remember the last time a Chelsea player was so much better than everyone else on the field.

Game against Newcastle in the league cup was another stand-out performance . Almost single-handedly got us back into the game , which we nearly won.

Lampard was running up and down like he was on dope. Wait. He always does that. :D

Imo second best Chelsea player tonight.

Couldn't agree more!!

1. Anelka

2. Lampard

3. Terry

4. Kalou

(My MoM order.)

..That's right, KALOU. I said it. :) [see.. We don't always criticise him! :lol: ]

You post some reply in this topic, you are happy Chelsea performed in some style. Then you look at the head of this web and see Nando 9. And you are even happier.

Amazing days, amazing days.

Gotta love Branislav's reaction to the Bosingwa being hit by the ball, when on the floor. :D

Wouldn't want to see his eyes from such a small distance! Serbia rules :D

Team spirit.

great game from a chelsea viewpoint----great entertainment from a neutral view-------

-------but lets just come back a step or two here (and i don't want to be too negative ) but this was sunderland ,yes sunderland not any of the top four/five--a team we should wipe our feet with in our quest to defend our title...

but heeeyyyyy -----like i said weeks ago---yes we're back and upped two to three gears since those awful months when they beat us at the bridge, yes we're gettin our mojo and swagger again and yesterdays signings have installed the rhythm/spring in the players again---------tho not every game will be as open as this and we'll still need to work hard and get some of luck the others above us have to win games.....

Anelka----excellent when you move the ball quickly---full marks 10

JT----------class above--speed was never your thing but reading the game and heart is all you----9

Lamps---- getting there with your fitness-----7.5

all the rest --------------7

Halsley ------ still a prized dick---------3

i may be sober tomorrow to view this again---------but heeyyy----------------Nando you may have to work hard to get into this outfit

Hey! Sunderland are 6th and have a chance for Europa! :(

:lol: but I agree with you, GREAT game, but Liverpool will be a big threat on Sunday! Still.. For now, let's celebrate :getin::drunk:

Stunning, absolutely stunning from the Frenchman tonight, if only we could sign a 50 million striker every week to get him to play in this vain of form. Everything that is so often wrong with his game, his holding midfielder like positioning, his coastal erosion level of speed on the ball, his absolutely unwillingness to work hard for the team, and his defiance to using his blistering pace to go past players were all put right tonight, he was absolutely immense, setting up one and scoring the 4th. Nic Anelka put forward a very strong case as to why he should never have been suggested as a makeweight in the Torres deal and why he should be the one to partner Torres when the Spaniard debuts.

Another note of interest was Drogba's positioning, credit to him, when he found himself out wide he still proved effective and chased back to help out the defence, I still think a 4-3-3 could work even when Torres is introduced into the side.

The only negative I can think of is Mikel, to be fair to him I suppose he is just recently back from injury but really he has got to be faster on the ball and for a holding midfielder he is far too passive.

Credit to Sunderland who made a real game of it, they didn't set their stall out to defend, they attacked right from the off and put in a very good performance, Richardson and Bardsley both played well and Henderson impressed with his composure.

A lot of Chelsea fans are calling that our best away performance this season and I dont think id disagree with them, sure we beat Bolton by more goals but I thought our performance tonight was better and against a higher level of opposition.