2011-2012 Season

After spending 70 million in january it is unlikely to see another transfer window full of big signings

I can think of a few reasons why that won't be true!

By losing all hope of winning the title, Roman WILL want to improve things in the summer!! I'd be hugely surprised if not a lot happens.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in 2004 Deco gave an interview that he wanted to join Mou at Chelsea. Arshavin wanted to join barcelona, And Torres insisted that his future will be in Anfield.

Still I don't think we will/ he will come sign for Chelsea

I can think of a few reasons why that won't be true!

By losing all hope of winning the title, Roman WILL want to improve things in the summer!! I'd be hugely surprised if not a lot happens.

But wouldn't that get us in trouble with UEFA financial fair play..?

We can adhere to the FFP rules by 'buying out' the contracts made before 2008 (I think that's the date where you can do that) and by getting rid of the dead weight, thus lowering our net spend. We will make a loss next year, no doubt about that, but we can bring players in without being hit too hard.

Basically last year was what was feared, the last horay for the formidable team of 04-10 and serious adjustments are needed.

Whether a new manager in or Carlo stays (hopefully the latter) the squad needs a fair bit of tweaking , Lampard and Drogba should be used sparingly as we cant keep relying on them for the next few years, time to bring in 2 wingers, a RB, a forward (with Anelka and Malouda on their way), i will always appreciate these players and what they done but we must not be sentimental. The squad dont need as big a overhaul as people make out but it DOES need changes. Dont need to bring in a creative midfielder weve got 1 who goes by the name of Josh McEachran.

OUT

Hilario and Paulo - not as bad as people like to make out but both takes up valuable over 21 foreign spot, both have been great servants and if played against Newcastle should get the standing ovation they deserve.

Bosingwa - Never really rated him highly not good enough defensively and living of his 1st couple of months.

Anelka and Malouda - Both given us great memories but the time is right for both parties.

IN

2 wingers

A right back

A forward

SQUAD

Cech/Delac/Turnbull/Blackman

Ivanovic/new RB/ B.Clifford

Terry/Luiz/Alex/Bruma/Chalobah

Cole/Bertrand/Deen-Conteh

Mikel/Essien/C.Clifford

McEachran/Ramires/Benayoun/Lampard/Mellis

2 new wingers/Kalou/Yuri

New forward/Torres/Drogba/Sturridge/Borini

Under the homegrown rules we can name unlimited under 21's in our squad, time we started doing that (hench the inclusion of the youth players).

UFFP = Player costs are amortised over period of contract, hence transfer fees are not a problem. The wages is what they're looking to bring under control. Thus the key is to sign young players who might command higher down payments, but relatively lower wages.

UFFP = Player costs are amortised over period of contract, hence transfer fees are not a problem. The wages is what they're looking to bring under control. Thus the key is to sign young players who might command higher down payments, but relatively lower wages.

And not £50 million worth world stars all the time :carlo:

Ie, we can get more players in if others leave first, a preductive summer ahead?

Ie, we can get more players in if others leave first, a preductive summer ahead?

Very likely that top earners like Drogba and Anelka will leave. UFFP is a blessing in disguise for us, it will prevent us from signing/keeping under-performing ageing stars under the guile of 'experience'.

Theres no point chucking around names you wanna see at chelsea because how often does that happen, a big money player we're linked with that we actually get (exception being Torres, obviously)

One name that has been floated around however that i'd love to see at Stamford Bridge is Zola. Doubt it'll happen, would be a massive step down for him but depends how he sees the opportunity, i.e. if ancelotti leaves or gets sacked (hopefully if he hasnt already been sacked by this point) to step up as manager. It could be a massive learning curve for him, and i'd love to see it happen.

Aguero signed new contract with the club.

Which lowered his transfer fee. Torres did the same thing in his last year with Atletico. Though according to Ballague, AM really want to keep Aguero and rebuild around him. AM wanted and needed the cash from Torres transfer to rebuild.

<br />Which lowered his transfer fee.  Torres did the same thing in his last year with Atletico.  Though according to Ballague, AM really want to keep Aguero and rebuild around him.  AM wanted and needed the cash from Torres transfer to rebuild.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

So what you saying is Aguero isnt available?

And yall should stop mentioning players you wanna see or players in your FIFA manager!, As for me i think VDW is almost a chelsea player!

<br /><br /><br />

So what you saying is Aguero isnt available?

And yall should stop mentioning players you wanna see or players in your FIFA manager!, As for me i think VDW is almost a chelsea player!

I don't know about Aguero's availability. I'm just saying that renewing his contract doesn't mean he's off the market. It actually may mean the opposite. Apparently, Torres wanted to leave one year earlier from AM. He agreed to stay one extra year if his contract could be reworked to lower the transfer fee making it easier for him to move.