2011-2012 Season

And yall should stop mentioning players you wanna see or players in your FIFA manager!, As for me i think VDW is almost a chelsea player!

So does this mean I can't mention Messi? I thought that was so realistic too.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first step is find a new coach. After this we can discuss the new players.

Want to do it in logical steps, simple.

Wait till the f'ing season is over and then see what Carlo and Roman do.

Patience is a virtue to those who wait, but no to those who want.

In one of Carlo's seasons at Chelsea, he won the double and broke the League record for most goals scored.

In one of Benitez seasons he matched last seasons tally of 86 points.

Benetiz also led a Spanish side not named Real Madrid or Barcelona to 2 La Liga title. Twice, not a fluke. And of course two CL finals in 3 years. His 2005 win broke my heart since I'm an AC Milan fan. I've never watched a replay or even highlights from that game. Ever. Too painful. 2007 was sweet revenge.

I have reservations about Benetiz when it comes to man management and talent assessment but he's very, very good when it comes to football. He may chafe under upper management but he would be very successful if he could control his ego, work with a Director of Football and concentrate on working with players and the game. He has extraordinary and exacting approach to preparation and training. It's the small but significant tweaks he gave to Torres' game that transformed El Nino from a under-performing talent at Atletico to...dare we say it, when he was on form...one of the best strikers in the world. Benetiz doesn't take too much credit, he has always said ultimately it was down to Torres' talent but he obviously tuned it to the finest degree. Think it was true for Gerrard too.

The fact that Carlo is still Chelsea manager at this time makes me think he will have the position next season. Frankly, if Roman wanted to go another direction, Carlo would have been sacked the moment he got back into London and the rags would be stained with the news. As for Benitez, I have mixed feelings about him. His greatest triumph there came in his first season with a side he didn't build. He never had a side that didn't have at least one glaring weakness. Whether that was his fault or the budgets is something I may never know. He obviously did a great job at Valencia, but I felt he totally crapped the bed at Inter. To my eyes, he is becoming a worse manager by the day and he would fall out with Roman within their first week together because of his sometimes stupid demands.

As for players, we need to make difficult decisions in the next couple of years or risk having the core of the side rot beyond easy repair. As tough as it is, we will eventually need to say goodbye to or drastically reduce the role of Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Terry, etc. Yeah, they took this side to heights never fathomed, but time waits for no one. Luckily, we have youth that may be able to fill many of those gaps. I wonder how many of our needs can be filled from within...

The fact that Carlo is still Chelsea manager at this time makes me think he will have the position next season. Frankly, if Roman wanted to go another direction, Carlo would have been sacked the moment he got back into London and the rags would be stained with the news. As for Benitez, I have mixed feelings about him. His greatest triumph there came in his first season with a side he didn't build. He never had a side that didn't have at least one glaring weakness. Whether that was his fault or the budgets is something I may never know. He obviously did a great job at Valencia, but I felt he totally crapped the bed at Inter. To my eyes, he is becoming a worse manager by the day and he would fall out with Roman within their first week together because of his sometimes stupid demands.

As for players, we need to make difficult decisions in the next couple of years or risk having the core of the side rot beyond easy repair. As tough as it is, we will eventually need to say goodbye to or drastically reduce the role of Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Terry, etc. Yeah, they took this side to heights never fathomed, but time waits for no one. Luckily, we have youth that may be able to fill many of those gaps. I wonder how many of our needs can be filled from within...

maybe he was already "sacked", and the official statement will come in the end of the season. When he was at Milan he knew months before the end of the season that Berlusconi was going to fire him, one day after Seria A he it was made official, and in the other day he was announced as new Chelsea's manager.

maybe he was already "sacked", and the official statement will come in the end of the season. When he was at Milan he knew months before the end of the season that Berlusconi was going to fire him, one day after Seria A he it was made official, and in the other day he was announced as new Chelsea's manager.

MAYBE ,,,just maybe you could be wrong ,,, Have you ever considered that possibility?

Drogba is going nowhere stop reading Daily Mail , The Sun and News of The World there is big group of more reliable sources !!

Drogba said many times he want to stay at SB, Anelka was linked with MLS and Henry talk with him about his move over there.

Because Torres is the future and the team should be built around him. If Drogba wants to accept that he's no longer the main man here, then he should stay as a squad player.

If that is the approach how are we going to get rid of Lampard? He too is old and on huge wages.

If that is the approach how are we going to get rid of Lampard? He too is old and on huge wages.

Building a team around Torres not only takes Drogba out of the game, it takes his and our style of play out the game, meaning there's not much room for Lamps either, well in my view anyway. I love both the guys but when it's time, it's time.