2011-2012 Season

This is my first post so be nice.

I'm not going to bother on why we've had such a bad season, I'm just going to look towards the future and at potential singings.

Out;

Anelka

Bosingwa

Paulo

Kalou

In:

Juan Mata

VDW

Creative CM - need ideas

-------------Torres

Malouda/Zhirkov------Mata

Lampard----------Ramires

------------Mikel

Cole---Terry---Alex---VDW

Bench: Essien - Brana - Benayoun - Luiz - Drogba - Sturridge

I think with that we've got more or less every position covered with the inclusion of the youth products as well. I think it's safe to say the left trident of Cole - Lampard - Malouda has been relied on for a long time, I feel this team is a lot more balanced in terms of creativity and genuine attacking threat.

We can all see that Luiz has a lot to learn, he exited us with his MOTM performances but it's clear to see he's very raw still which is why I believe Alex should be starting the majority of games and certainly away games, Luiz can play games at SB when teams are more likely to sit back on us.

Possible outs:

One if not Both of Malouda or Zhirkov

Essien hasn't been great

Possible ins:

can't really think of a left winger, Silva would be a dream but unrealistic.

and who could we get to replace the Bison himself, despite him being out of form it's difficult to think of a like for like player. Our best bet would be a more creative CM, again, Modric would be a dream but unrealistic.

welcome ,,,and we are always nice ,,,well some are....good first post ...the creative player is the problem ..but agree one is needed till Josh is a little

older or Gael settles

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just popped into my head, how about Van Der Vaart now that the Spuds arent in the CL next season? No doubt we would ebd up paying a lot more than the 8m they brought him for, but worth a shot??

Nah, only good when the team is built around him like it is at Spurs, for £24m not a chance plus he has fitness problems which is why he gets subbed off a lot, Snejder will probably be avalible for the same price and out of those 2 theres only 1 winner.

Read this whole thread a few times, posted in it even. A lot posts have mentioned how important a creative CM is (I agree). How do you incorporate that with Frank in the side?

would allow Frank to do what he does better than any midfielder ,,,,get in the box and score

Guest justin_3d

Well since i had forget about this player, i will add Darijo Srna in the list to get.

Can get him for cheap price or even as a free agent if his contract has indeed expired this summer.

And another good mention is Villareal player Borja Valero.

I have Pastore as my number one target for creative player, but Borja Valero is really good, and will not command such a high fee.

Plus being 26 years of age, gives a very good middle ground from Yossi to Josh.

Borja Valero at Chelsea? Will be a good business from Chelsea.

But will Chelsea, and Chelsea fans be up for such players?

Its so funny that most of you preffer Mikel, such a limited, even average DMF, and throw away Essien,

one of the best Midfielders in the world, that had one bad season.(sorry, bad couple of months)

He was that Engine that youre talking about in the beggining of the season, maybe you forgot it. (remmermer his hugh game aginst France for example)

So because he wasnt in his best in the last 4 months he become a sub for you?

Way too harsh. He isnt the first player to have a bad time and come back to his best next season.

And is still 28, still alot to come imo.

Realy happy you dont make the calls.. Obi Mikel.. please.

At the end of the day, this has been managed poorly. Ivanovic, Alex, Terry and Cole should be at the back. This is our most solid back 4 imo. Luiz isn't a defender, he's already given away 2 pens, he had a shocker at old trafford gifting them both goals and against Stoke away gifting them their goal. On the other hand he has scored 2 goals and hit the bar, using a lot of skill and creation whilst doing it. He should be tried as a midfielder against Newcastle in what is now a meaningless game. We also have Bosingwa, our only natural right back but again, he's a shit defender who thinks he's a winger and has absolutely no final ball.

What is a winger? Someone who plays out wide, taking on defenders and getting to the by line to deliver crosses and ammunition to the strikers. They should have pace, a quick turn of pace, skill and a great final ball. Malouda has no pace and doesn't beat defenders, Kalou has a bit of pace and trickery but an awful final ball, Anelka is a striker played horribly out of position for 3 years and Zhirkov is so inconsistent altho probably the only one of our 4 wingers who is a genuine out and out winger and i bet he's played the least. We should keep Yuri and get rid of the others and replace them but tbh it does look like Yuri is on his way out. We need a player like Bale, N'Zogbia, Lennon, Young, Adam Johnson who can torment defenders with pace and skill, put in a great final ball and score goals. We've been top 2 for 7 out of the last 8 seasons and we have NO wingers like these and we wonder what we are lacking? Gimme a break. Kalou is crap... i know we have some kalou fan boys here but that's probably out of pity more than anything. In the big games he doesn't show up and for all the skill and tricks he has, he rarely beats defenders and creates anything. His finishing is woeful. Malouda is similar, he does score goals tho but when he's not happy, he just sulks and does nothing.

I definitely see where you're coming from. Although, David Luiz shouldn't be slagged off just because he experienced one bad game, which so happened to have cost us the Premier League title, no player is perfect at the end of the day, and overall he has endured, a host of fantastic performances since his move in January. No doubt in my mind, that Alex and Terry should be our centre back pairing because they are both strong defensively, and that they can put in a hard, determined performance. But as far as our defence is concerned, the way I see things, is that sometimes, a sweeper is needed. Someone who can take the ball from defence and run out with it. That's what Carvalho always used to do, and Luiz is the closest player we have to something like that. Terry always functions well, when there's someone beside him who is quicker than him, and can sweeps the ball with confidence.

As far as wingers are concerned, people can say what they like, but since Shaun Wright-Phillips left the club, we have never had a better winger. I was really pissed off when we sold him back to Man City because I classed him as one of the quickest players in our team, but the reason for his departure was because he was never played enough. If you can remember the 4-1 win over West Ham during the 2007-08 season (Tevez played for them back then), the goals he scored were amazing. Drop of the shoulder to trick the defender, place the ball into the far corner. Absolutely exquisit. Has Anelka or Kalou done that this season on a regular basis?? NO! The only recognisable wingers we have are Kalou, Malouda and Anelka, and in my book, a 24-year-old Shaun Wright-Phillips, has twice the amount of energy, speed and determination in him than those three put together.

would allow Frank to do what he does better than any midfielder ,,,,get in the box and score

I may be stoned for this...everyone asks why doesn't Carlo play Yossi more...perhaps the reason is because that would mean dropping Lampard? Perhaps Carlo won't play a creative midfielder like Yossi because that would expose Chelsea too much and further burden the holding midfielder. And that's because Lampard goes forward and then you have the creative MF going forward. If you have 4-3-3 and both MFs are going forward and you have players like Malouda and Kalou who aren't so keen on tracking back, you have a huge problem.

Ideally, Lampard would be that creative MF but he hasn't done that this year at all. And if the best he can offer is to get in the box and score, then what's the front 3 supposed to be doing? Or better yet, let's switch Lampard up to poacher because he sure isn't bossing the midfield. That would open up a MF spot for someone who can create and orchestrate the charge by passing and dribbling.

I may be stoned for this...everyone asks why doesn't Carlo play Yossi more...perhaps the reason is because that would mean dropping Lampard? Perhaps Carlo won't play a creative midfielder like Yossi because that would expose Chelsea too much and further burden the holding midfielder. And that's because Lampard goes forward and then you have the creative MF going forward. If you have 4-3-3 and both MFs are going forward and you have players like Malouda and Kalou who aren't so keen on tracking back, you have a huge problem.

Ideally, Lampard would be that creative MF but he hasn't done that this year at all. And if the best he can offer is to get in the box and score, then what's the front 3 supposed to be doing? Or better yet, let's switch Lampard up to poacher because he sure isn't bossing the midfield. That would open up a MF spot for someone who can create and orchestrate the charge by passing and dribbling.

Duck and cover.....

Kalou and Malouda do track back. Please see the Spurs away game for Kalou's tracking back. Just cus he is a shit starter doesnt mean he is a bad player overall.

Regarding Lampard, Id say lay off. Simply cus he has had his first bad season for Chelsea and that was mainly due to his 4-5 months of time out with injury. Give him another season before criticising him.

Kalou and Malouda do track back. Please see the Spurs away game for Kalou's tracking back. Just cus he is a shit starter doesnt mean he is a bad player overall.

Regarding Lampard, Id say lay off. Simply cus he has had his first bad season for Chelsea and that was mainly due to his 4-5 months of time out with injury. Give him another season before criticising him.

If my post came off as a personal attack on Lampard, it wasn't meant to be. It's more about the constraints of playing certain players for certain formations. Simply it's an issue of having too many players going forward but offering little creative play. If you add in a creative player, something and someone has to give. And that's why Ancelotti doesn't play Yossi or Josh with Lampard.

Lampard can contribute next season but I'd consider HOW and WHEN he does. At 33/34 he's not going to turn into or return to being a creative midfield maestro for 40-50 games a season even if he remains injury-free. If he does, I'll be more than happy to admit I'm wrong because it would mean wonderful things will happen next season.

i think its time for chelsea to start the rebuild under carlo ancelotti, why? obviously because we have a ageing team and i honestly believe that carlo ancelotti is the man to make this happen.

he won the first ever league and cup double for chelsea why sack a manager who has achieved this? we have had a poor season but we can take a lot out of this season, we have had key injuries to key players eg. lampard (hernia), Drogba (malaria).

we have 6 players that are 30 years old or over, Drogba (33) lampard (33) malouda (30) anelka (32) ashley cole (31) john terry (30)

we obviously need rebuilding now before its too late......

here is my honest thought of the chelsea line up for season 2011-12

goalkeeper: petr cech

defenders: branislav ivanovic, david luiz, john terry, phillip lahm

midfielders: michael essien, john obi mikel, sergio canales

forwards: fernando torres, neymar

subs: kasper schmeical, josh mceachran, ramires, alex, van aanholt, bosingwa, kalou

sold or retired: Drogba,lampard,anelka, zhirkov, ferreria, ashley cole, malouda.

possibly sold: benayoun

please leave your thoughts and post your prediction, im still new to this and would love some feedback and as always, keep the blue flag flying high ♥

chelseaflag.gif

With any great side you need experience. See Arsenal compared to Man united.

Even if a player eg:Lampard, Drogba, Ferreria etc reverts to a bench role similar to Scholes, Giggs, Neville, They will still be very useful. With a player like Neymar (which personally i wouldn't waste money on) in our squad, he needs older more respectful players around him to teach him some discipline and how to stay grounded. I agree with most that Lampard is off his game but i nor the club would consider selling him for another 2 seasons. I think Kalou, Anelka, Zhirkov, will all depart this season. Drogba and Lampard will be kept. personally i think their presence will be greatly missed.

How you can imagine selling Ashley Cole is beyond me. The only player i consider better in his position is Patrice Evra, and he would never join Chelsea..

My Team

---------------------------Cech-----------------------------

Ivanovic----------------Alex------Terry-------------Cole

---------------------------Essien-----------------------------

---------------Ramires-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------Snieder----------------

----Sturridge------------Torres-------------Malouda---

Bench. Drogba, Lampard, Luiz, Ferreira, Mikel, McEachran, Van Aanholt

I would keep Lampard as our attacking midfielder. Got to admit, he has been a little off-form but the whole team has been!

Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole

Lalkovic - Essien - Lampard - Zhirkov

Anelka - Drogba

Subs: Walker/Sebek, Bertrand, Magnay, Ramires, McEachran, Malouda, Torres.

ashley cole > phillip lahm

With any great side you need experience. See Arsenal compared to Man united.

Even if a player eg:Lampard, Drogba, Ferreria etc reverts to a bench role similar to Scholes, Giggs, Neville, They will still be very useful. With a player like Neymar (which personally i wouldn't waste money on) in our squad, he needs older more respectful players around him to teach him some discipline and how to stay grounded. I agree with most that Lampard is off his game but i nor the club would consider selling him for another 2 seasons. I think Kalou, Anelka, Zhirkov, will all depart this season. Drogba and Lampard will be kept. personally i think their presence will be greatly missed.

How you can imagine selling Ashley Cole is beyond me. The only player i consider better in his position is Patrice Evra, and he would never join Chelsea..

My Team

---------------------------Cech-----------------------------

Ivanovic----------------Alex------Terry-------------Cole

---------------------------Essien-----------------------------

---------------Ramires-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------Snieder----------------

----Sturridge------------Torres-------------Malouda---

Bench. Drogba, Lampard, Luiz, Ferreira, Mikel, McEachran, Van Aanholt

i actually like the idea of reverting them to the bench but i also look at the money involved if we sell them emo3.gif