2011-2012 Season

A new manager could get Lamps,Torres and Drogs in the same team playing and functioning for the full 90 minutes every game. I'd rather keep Lamps and Drogs and let a new manager do that.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Carlo is still Chelsea manager at this time makes me think he will have the position next season.

Yeah, basically what Henrique said.

If he is likely to be fired, then it would be announced at the end of the season.

I can't see Carlo genuinely wanting to stay. If we're not looking to clever by late October then the pressure really will be on him. If Roman gives him another chance he won't put up with another disaster like this season. Carlo will be happy to take the £5m owed to him and happily join Roma,he talks way too much about his own future all the time for him to be serious about staying long term.

Because Torres is the future and the team should be built around him. If Drogba wants to accept that he's no longer the main man here, then he should stay as a squad player.

building a team around a single player is a dangerous tactic ,,,a long term injury to them and you are up shit creek without a paddle

building a team around a single player is a dangerous tactic ,,,a long term injury to them and you are up shit creek without a paddle

I agree. That was Liverpool's problem when Torres was there. I think the team needs to transition from Drogba to Torres which requires a change in tactics. Torres is not incapable of playing with other players but he is more successful being the point. A successful Torres helps Chelsea. That said having a squad with talent and the ability to rotate/rest/sub is essential.

Our current team is built around Drogba and Lampard. Look how malaria and Lampard's injury played a part this season. They're 33, we can't play around them anymore.

There's no point in buying a 50 million pound striker if we're going to continue trying to mould him in someone else's style and hope for the best.

Our current team is built around Drogba and Lampard. Look how malaria and Lampard's injury played a part this season. They're 33, we can't play around them anymore.

There's no point in buying a 50 million pound striker if we're going to continue trying to mould him in someone else's style and hope for the best.

the problem is Roman doesnt seem to know if he wants success at any cost (playing style) or attractive football ..IMO a team needs to develop

its own particular style ,,,this cant be achieved by constantly changing managers and the owner deciding who he wants to buy ..

It looks as if this a lesson Roman hasnt learned yet.

Less about building around Torres exclusively and more about Chelsea not being built around Lampard and Drogba anymore.

Build a team that can play quick, creative football. Torres will play an important role as the lead finisher but it'll really be about what's going on behind him.

the problem is Roman doesnt seem to know if he wants success at any cost (playing style) or attractive football ..IMO a team needs to develop

its own particular style ,,,this cant be achieved by constantly changing managers and the owner deciding who he wants to buy ..

It looks as if this a lesson Roman hasnt learned yet.

He wants both from the looks of it. We simply have to stop firing managers every time we have a bad season.

Less about building around Torres exclusively and more about Chelsea not being built around Lampard and Drogba anymore.

Build a team that can play quick, creative football. Torres will play an important role as the lead finisher but it'll really be about what's going on behind him.

Agreed 100%, we need a move away from our current style and actually get some players in who'll complement the main man that has to be Torres and then take it from there.

wouldn't argue with that

We need someone like Ryan Giggs. I mean, just look at the man. Both of the United goals came from Giggs assists in the CL clash at OT, both of the United goals came from Giggs assists on Sunday and the goal which Rooney scored at the Bridge in the CL was an assist from Giggs as well. So that's 5 assists in 3 games. Our players are not good assisters.

We need someone like Ryan Giggs. I mean, just look at the man. Both of the United goals came from Giggs assists in the CL clash at OT, both of the United goals came from Giggs assists on Sunday and the goal which Rooney scored at the Bridge in the CL was an assist from Giggs as well. So that's 5 assists in 3 games. Our players are not good assisters.

I hate to say it but I saw some comparisons between Giggs/Parks/Carrick (unbelieveable!) to Liverpool a few years ago when Mascherano, Alonso, and Gerrard were in the middle. Mascherano was the workhorse who did the dirty work. Alonso played deeper and delivered killer balls. Gerrard was able to run around like a chicken with his head cut off supporting Torres because Mascherano and Alonso were controlling the middle.

Whose doing the dirty work in the middle? You always need an unsung workhorse in the middle. I can see Mikel doing it but he doesn't always play or he gets subbed off instead of Essien or Lampard who seem virtually untouchable.

Whose passing a la Alonso or Giggs? Not Essien or Lampard.

Whose running around with no midfield discipline? Essien and Lampard.

I hate to say it but I saw some comparisons between Giggs/Parks/Carrick (unbelieveable!) to Liverpool a few years ago when Mascherano, Alonso, and Gerrard were in the middle. Mascherano was the workhorse who did the dirty work. Alonso played deeper and delivered killer balls. Gerrard was able to run around like a chicken with his head cut off supporting Torres because Mascherano and Alonso were controlling the middle.

Whose doing the dirty work in the middle? You always need an unsung workhorse in the middle. I can see Mikel doing it but he doesn't always play or he gets subbed off instead of Essien or Lampard who seem virtually untouchable.

Whose passing a la Alonso or Giggs? Not Essien or Lampard.

Whose running around with no midfield discipline? Essien and Lampard.

Well when you look at it, we have a pretty much similar concept in theory.

Mikel = Xabi Alonso - deep with long balls

Essien = Macherano - workhorse

Lampard = Gerrard - allowed to go forward and join the attack

But when you really look at it, Lamps and Ess are out of form, and Mikel gets either subbed or his hardwork unnoticed.

Well when you look at it, we have a pretty much similar concept in theory.

Mikel = Xabi Alonso - deep with long balls

Essien = Macherano - workhorse

Lampard = Gerrard - allowed to go forward and join the attack

But when you really look at it, Lamps and Ess are out of form, and Mikel gets either subbed or his hardwork unnoticed.

Do you think they'll be in form next season or has father time caught up with them?

Agree about Mikel.

I imagine exact same line up maybe with one old or out of form or injury prone or past it player (viz. Kaka) coming in and doing nothing.

What I hope for is some new young blood and some genuine spark.