La Liga Thread

Steve

How much disparity there is between Real, Barcelona and the rest of the league in term of money received from TV!

Then they complaint when a small team sits back and defend! You expect a team that was assemble with measly 10 mill to come and challenge your 200+ plus million team? ha they are having a laugh.

Yeah I like neither of them, 2 huge but whiny and bitchy clubs

Well I do watch La liga, so stop saying stuff like "most of you don't care about anything but clasico" and making assumptions that none of us watched la liga before Mourinho, because thats false and slightly patronising. Real have come out worse in the last few classico's, it's a mixture of lack of clinical finishing, sheer subservience at times but also poor refereeing decisons. How are Madrid 10 times worse than Barca with their histronics? sometimes decisions should be given like Diarra's yesterday (should be red) but the way they flock round the referee is not on. Quite honestly both teams behaviour is pathetic in the Classico, but generally speaking, Barca dive and cheat the referee far more than Madrid in their matches. It's their for all to see. Real do it too (IMO nowhere near to the extent of Barca) but don't delude yourself in thinking Barca are any better. I just find it rather bemusing, especially as a Chelsea fan, who has experienced poor Wolfgang Stark and Overbo decisions in our recent meetings with Barca, seem to feel otherwise.

The word most of you curtails to a majority not everybody.

So if you are not one of them then great. But I am right that most posters here hardly watch la liga because it's a "2 team league" as most put it.....

And last your experience about Barca comes with CL.

CL and la liga are two different things. Don't go mixing the two things.

The word most of you curtails to a majority not everybody.

So if you are not one of them then great. But I am right that most posters here hardly watch la liga because it's a "2 team league" as most put it.....

And last your experience about Barca comes with CL.

CL and la liga are two different things. Don't go mixing the two things.

That's redunant. Diving and cheating in the UCL and not in La liga, copa del rey? A cheetah never changes its spots my friend.

And also, I don't think the majority of the people here ignore la liga. La liga fanatics may probably know its a 2 team race but that doesn't mean they're not going to watch it, just like many posters here. Competiveness isn't enough to ignore football, I've watched some brilliant games recently between teams who would be demolshed by Barca or Madrid. Yes its definetly not as followed as the EPL, since we're all Chelsea fans on a Chelsea forum, but afterall we're all football fans and the chances are we'll all tune into an Valencia, Villareal, A. Madrid, Sevilla etc. game if it's on TV. Their are great players in la liga that don't play in Barca or Madrid. The fact that we signed up to this forum kind of tells me everybody here is more than just a casual football fan.

That's redunant. Diving and cheating in the UCL and not in La liga, copa del rey? A cheetah never changes its spots my friend.

And also, I don't think the majority of the people here ignore la liga. La liga fanatics may probably know its a 2 team race but that doesn't mean they're not going to watch it, just like many posters here. Competiveness isn't enough to ignore football, I've watched some brilliant games recently between teams who would be demolshed by Barca or Madrid. Yes its definetly not as followed as the EPL, since we're all Chelsea fans on a Chelsea forum, but afterall we're all football fans and the chances are we'll all tune into an Valencia, Villareal, A. Madrid, Sevilla etc. game if it's on TV. Their are great players in la liga that don't play in Barca or Madrid. The fact that we signed up to this forum kind of tells me everybody here is more than just a casual football fan.

No, it's just weird! Cause I am talking about la Liga, an el clasico and you come and mention something about what happen in a CL match.

Two different things.

If we want to talk about CL we talked about it in their respective place.

Now I agree with "A cheetah never changes" cause Madrid never changes!

And again, the term "majority" does not refer to everybody. You don't have to argue that case. You watch la liga and that's good. But then I am amazed that if you watched la Liga you don't see all the diving and cheating that comes from a club like Madrid when they play against other teams.....

No, it's just weird! Cause I am talking about la Liga, an el clasico and you come and mention something about what happen in a CL match.

Two different things.

If we want to talk about CL we talked about it in their respective place.

Now I agree with "A cheetah never changes" cause Madrid never changes!

And again, the term "majority" does not refer to everybody. You don't have to argue that case. You watch la liga and that's good. But then I am amazed that if you watched la Liga you don't see all the diving and cheating that comes from a club like Madrid when they play against other teams.....

I didn't deny it, I said they both do it (which I highlighted). It's clear their both at fault, but I've noticed it to be more prevelant in Barca's game and it has helped them in huge matches which is why I brought up some of their infamous UCL matches. I just think to exclusivley judge a team in one league is nonsensical, at the end of the day make a judgement from their football in all their competitions. Don't exempt them from UCL, just because it will give them some statistical leeway and sort of equal them to Madrid in their cheating levels. If you look at them in all their competitons you'd be ignornt to assume that Madrid are worse. I mean they won the UCL in 2009 because of one of the worst robberies in the history of football. "beautiful football is an effective masking agent and the brilliance of players such as Lionel Messi and Xavi has allowed the arrogance to continue unchecked.'

Bravo, Jose Mourinho for dousing Barcelona myth

By Martin Samuel

Last updated at 1:17 AM on 30th April 2010

Being Jose Mourinho, he did not stop at defeating the team. He beat the club.

The most significant aspect of Mourinho's victory over Barcelona was that it removed, once and for all, their pretensions to football's moral high ground. Mourinho knocked Barcelona from the mountain top by revealing them to be cheats and bad sports. Different is what Barcelona have always claimed to be. In doing this, he settled a score from February 2005, when Chelsea lost 2-1 at the Nou Camp after Didier Drogba had been wrongly sent off by referee Anders Frisk. Mourinho was banned and described as an enemy of football by UEFA for saying he saw Frank Rijkaard, the Barcelona coach, enter Frisk's room at half-time when Chelsea led 1-0.

He was wrong. From his vantage point, he could not have witnessed such an intrusion; but that does not mean it did not happen. Indeed, the official UEFA report contains evidence from the stadium supervisor that Frisk had to order an agitated Rijkaard back to his dressing room three times.

Yet, while Mourinho was demonised in UEFA, Rijkaard later received the UEFA president's medal from Lennart Johansson for his dignified conduct over the affair.

Barcelona were very dignified when Chelsea players behaved in poor fashion after last season's semi-final defeat, too; then again, dignity is more easily maintained when the referee has as good as given you the game.

It has allowed Barcelona to perpetrate a myth. Not just that they are a superior football team, but a superior club, too. And while Inter's victory over two legs should not harm our regard for Barcelona's football, which remains the finest in the world, we will brook no more lectures from the Barcelona club. They turned the sprinklers on.

That is all you need to know about the class of the superior Catalans. As Inter happily, harmlessly, let loose in front of their own fans – banished to the gods, as always at the Nou Camp – a faceless Barcelona employee doused with powerful jets of water the one quarter of the pitch in which the visitors stood, while the loud broadcasting of the club song attempted to further drown their celebrations.

The unexpected shower was a spiteful gesture and certainly no accident. No water fell anywhere else. Yet, having already seen Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes confront Mourinho for running to Inter's supporters at the end, it was no surprise.

There has always been a spoiled, dark side to Barcelona. Rijkaard, post president's medal, berated the Italian referee Stefano Farina on the field for five minutes at the end of a match in the 2006-07 Champions League campaign, after his team had drawn 2-2 at home to Mourinho's Chelsea.That night should have been the end of Barcelona's claim to elevated ideals, but beautiful football is an effective masking agent and the brilliance of players such as Lionel Messi and Xavi has allowed the arrogance to continue unchecked.

article-1269852-0958DE89000005DC-826_468x318.jpg

Daniel Alves, the dirtiest player in last season's Champions League and a serial diver during the semi-final matches this season, was even allowed to describe the one-shot-in-94- minutes win over Chelsea 12 months ago as total football.

There was further delusion this year. 'The champions fall like a champion,' dribbled a headline in Sport newspaper, ignoring the fact that they also cheat like champions, if Sergio Busquets's fake facial injury, complete with sneaky glance through his fingers to make sure it had achieved the desired red card, is anything to go by. If Barcelona are so good - and they are - what frightened Busquets about playing Inter off the level? It proved a fatal error anyway.

Inter Milan had played six games with 10 men already this season and had lost only one of them.They could not stop Barcelona winning on the night, but prevented them from progressing and in 180 minutes there were only 29 when Barcelona were leading the tie, compared to 132 minutes for Inter Milan and 19 minutes when the tie was a draw.As for Mourinho, aside from turning the tables on Barcelona, he proved once more what really makes him special: he is the first manager that people would pay to watch manage. He is the Barcelona of bosses, in fact; and there is no greater compliment.

I didn't deny it, I said they both do it (which I highlighted). It's clear their both at fault, but I've noticed it to be more prevelant in Barca's game and it has helped them in huge matches which is why I brought up some of their infamous UCL matches. I just think to exclusivley judge a team in one league is nonsensical, at the end of the day make a judgement from their football in all their competitions. Don't exempt them from UCL, just because it will give them some statistical leeway and sort of equal them to Madrid in their cheating levels. If you look at them in all their competitons you'd be ignornt to assume that Madrid are worse. I mean they won the UCL in 2009 because of one of the worst robberies in the history of football. "beautiful football is an effective masking agent and the brilliance of players such as Lionel Messi and Xavi has allowed the arrogance to continue unchecked.'

Ok then fair enough. So i guess we will have to go back 10, 20 years, to see all the infamous UCL matches that Madrid has won......

Go back to all those trophies Madrid won and see how much thievery, highway robery, and all that you call it, Madrid did.

And with 2009, i agree it was a robery, but there has been far worse robery then that. But you probably don't know about it, cause it does not involve Chelsea.....One that was involved Chelsea as of late was in 2010 when Mourinho Inter rob Chelsea....

Ok then fair enough. So i guess we will have to go back 10, 20 years, to see all the infamous UCL matches that Madrid has won......

Go back to all those trophies Madrid won and see how much thievery, highway robery, and all that you call it, Madrid did.

And with 2009, i agree it was a robery, but there has been far worse robery then that. But you probably don't know about it, cause it does not involve Chelsea.....One that was involved Chelsea as of late was in 2010 when Mourinho Inter rob Chelsea....

20 years ago, lol your probably right, I wasn't born :D I'm just talking about more recently. But like I said, I have no doubt Madrid do the same shit and have done the same shit. Just in recent years, Barca have been the worst perpetrators IMO.

20 years ago, lol your probably right, I wasn't born :D I'm just talking about more recently. But like I said, I have no doubt Madrid do the same shit and have done the same shit. Just in recent years, Barca have been the worst perpetrators IMO.

If it's the present, then you have all the right to dislike Barcelona.

I personally don't like them both, cause they mess up spanish football. It was more competitive before, now it's just them two.

Well anyways, this topic is redundant, let's just move on. :)

I have to say, Casillas is one leader. That is the one player from that team I actually respect.

This is what Casillas said after the game:

Casillas: "Caer está permitido, levantarse es obligatorio"

Translated means:

To fall is permitted, but to get up is necessary.

Pepe is a dirty, incest little rat. He doesn't deserve to play football. But generally we all know of the Barca antics. I'll never forget Busquets getting Motta sent off who subsequently missed the UCL final, that was just so disgraceful beyond words.

Fair enough. I won't try to argue that Barcelona players are saints, because some of their players are divers (or overdo things when falling), like Sergio Busquets, Danni Alvès, Pedro, Adriano and Masherano. But what I will argue, it's about this tag many people are putting on Barça, i.e. that they are cheaters and divers. While it is clear some of their players have the tendency to overdo when they fall on the ground, they aren't the only ones to do that. Indeed, Madrid have their share of divers and cheaters, like Ronaldo, Pepé, Di Maria, to mention few. And globally, more or less all the players playing in a latin country - or more or less all latin players - have the tendency to fall down quite easily. Don't get me wrong, I am not making a dig towards Latin culture, or latin people, no. But this is somehow just a part of their culture, for instance italians like to dive and cheat - this is a generalisation of course, but if I take this example, this is because I know what I am talking about. What I am trying to say there, it's that this is not only Barcelona players who are acting like this. And if we have this sterotype "Catalan = diver", this is because it is in the agenda of some media. Indeed, when people are talking about Barcelona, it seems that they either love it (and brag "it is the better clun in the world, blabla) or hate it (and say "it is a bunch of divers), it is either hate or love, hence we don't have unbiased opinion. I hope you get my point....??

But I don't buy this "Barça are being helped by the referees". Indeed, if the referees were really biased toward Barça, then Pepé wouldn't have played the game yesterday, because he would have been undergoing a five games ban +. Coentrao would have been suspended because of his bad and un-sportive move on Messi. Diarra would have been sent off during the game.

And we shouldn't be too harsh on the referees of the Classico. Indeed, at the moment this is the biggest game in the world, this is the most televised game, this is the game the most important (because the winner will be said to be the best team in the world), plus it is a derby. Therefore, there's a lot of pressure, even more since Mourinho is at the helm of Madrid. You can feel it when you see the 22 players on the pitch. And there an unbelievable amount of divings and bad tackles, due to the importance of the game. I think we can't imagine what kind of pressure the referee has when 22 players keep surrounding you all the game to argue your decision, and when 80+ millions people whistle when your decision isn't in favor of the home side. I wouldn't like to be at his place... We forget that referees are human. So it's kinda normal if sometimes the ref forgets to sanction a bad tackle, or gives a yellow card too easily.

Fair enough. I won't try to argue that Barcelona players are saints, because some of their players are divers (or overdo things when falling), like Sergio Busquets, Danni Alvès, Pedro, Adriano and Masherano. But what I will argue, it's about this tag many people are putting on Barça, i.e. that they are cheaters and divers. While it is clear some of their players have the tendency to overdo when they fall on the ground, they aren't the only ones to do that. Indeed, Madrid have their share of divers and cheaters, like Ronaldo, Pepé, Di Maria, to mention few. And globally, more or less all the players playing in a latin country - or more or less all latin players - have the tendency to fall down quite easily. Don't get me wrong, I am not making a dig towards Latin culture, or latin people, no. But this is somehow just a part of their culture, for instance italians like to dive and cheat - this is a generalisation of course, but if I take this example, this is because I know what I am talking about. What I am trying to say there, it's that this is not only Barcelona players who are acting like this. And if we have this sterotype "Catalan = diver", this is because it is in the agenda of some media. Indeed, when people are talking about Barcelona, it seems that they either love it (and brag "it is the better clun in the world, blabla) or hate it (and say "it is a bunch of divers), it is either hate or love, hence we don't have unbiased opinion. I hope you get my point....??

But I don't buy this "Barça are being helped by the referees". Indeed, if the referees were really biased toward Barça, then Pepé wouldn't have played the game yesterday, because he would have been undergoing a five games ban +. Coentrao would have been suspended because of his bad and un-sportive move on Messi. Diarra would have been sent off during the game.

And we shouldn't be too harsh on the referees of the Classico. Indeed, at the moment this is the biggest game in the world, this is the most televised game, this is the game the most important (because the winner will be said to be the best team in the world), plus it is a derby. Therefore, there's a lot of pressure, even more since Mourinho is at the helm of Madrid. You can feel it when you see the 22 players on the pitch. And there an unbelievable amount of divings and bad tackles, due to the importance of the game. I think we can't imagine what kind of pressure the referee has when 22 players keep surrounding you all the game to argue your decision, and when 80+ millions people whistle when your decision isn't in favor of the home side. I wouldn't like to be at his place... We forget that referees are human. So it's kinda normal if sometimes the ref forgets to sanction a bad tackle, or gives a yellow card too easily.

And this the face the media and all the loving Madrid fans want to hide. Let's pin all the blame on Barcelona so that it will make Madrid look more innoncent..... :rolleyes:

ghmjD.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l823RiyQXS8&feature=player_embedded%5B/media

BARCA SHOULD DIE