La Liga Thread

Steve

Real...Barca...Mourinho...Guardiola...Messi....Ronaldo...Ramos...Alves...Valdes...Casillas...Camp Nou...Santiago Bernabeu...blah blah blah......blah blah blah...and blah blah blah...can't listen to them anymore...

They better keep Jose. I know a certain club who made the biggest mistake in their history in letting him go...

Sorry my friend, but Madrid are a total different animal.

Can't compare Madrid to Chelsea.

I think this quote from that analysis says it best:

From a player's point of view, it revealed the one flaw in Mourinho's long career: he was never a player. Somehow, he just doesn't know what they do. That is a feeling exacerbated by a mutual lack of comprehension, a sense of distrust and division, and by poor results against Barcelona. It also revealed something else, one of the greatest obstacles that Mourinho has encountered: Madrid is not Inter or Chelsea or Porto, the Spanish media are not the English or Italian media, and Spanish players are not the same as English ones, or Italians or Portuguese. One of Mourinho's greatest and most often lauded skill – dressing-room relations – has not been as easy to apply here.

From a player's point of view, it revealed the one flaw in Mourinho's long career: he was never a player. Somehow, he just doesn't know what they do. That is a feeling exacerbated by a mutual lack of comprehension, a sense of distrust and division, and by poor results against Barcelona. It also revealed something else, one of the greatest obstacles that Mourinho has encountered: Madrid is not Inter or Chelsea or Porto, the Spanish media are not the English or Italian media, and Spanish players are not the same as English ones, or Italians or Portuguese. One of Mourinho's greatest and most often lauded skill – dressing-room relations – has not been as easy to apply here.

Ramos was wrong to tell him that, and Jose's got the European cups, what has Ramos got?

Even though he was never a player his campaigns have shown that if the players do exactly what he says they will make it...his victories against us and Barcelona with Inter are a testament to that..brilliantly executed they were.

Ramos was wrong to tell him that, and Jose's got the European cups, what has Ramos got?

Even though he was never a player his campaigns have shown that if the players do exactly what he says they will make it...his victories against us and Barcelona with Inter are a testament to that..brilliantly executed they were.

Again you are talking about Madrid, where they don't pride themselves in the win Mourinho had against Barcelona. They don't deem that football "good enough"

Look at how they treated Capello when he won them the league?

Sorry but what Mourinho has done in the past does not stack up to what these Pathetic Madrid think of themselves.

Even Hiddink was not well taken when he was in charge of Madrid.

Well what do you expect, is Madrid!

And speaking about spanish players having too much influence, doesn't it sounds strangely familiar???

P.S. If Spanish player giving him some hard time, imagine how it would have been with Guti and Raul? :noexpression:

It is why at Chelsea, AVB has to build his squad in his image, and player with so much influence like Drogba, Lampard have to leave!

I agree with u but i see where others may have a problem with that regarding some players having legendary status.. But in order to rebuild and progress the reality is they gotta go.

Raul leaving was his first condition, and if Casillas wasnt the best in the world he would have made him leave too.

I agree with u but i see where others may have a problem with that regarding some players having legendary status.. But in order to rebuild and progress the reality is they gotta go.

Raul leaving was his first condition, and if Casillas wasnt the best in the world he would have made him leave too.

Your right. Ramos is a hot head. Like Guti was.

Not sure if you knew but Guti and Pellegrini had a fight in the past.

But Casillas.....very tough thing my friend. If he turns against you, you are dead man.

It's like saying Terry turning against you years ago.

Now it's different cause he is old and his place might not be as secure, but say a Terry at 26 years old.

They hold too much weight in the team.

Eh I don't follow Spain football on regular basis, but since Jose came Real has turned into a meat grinding machine. I didn't want to compare them with us, just to say that it would be wiser for them to keep Jose as he is not your regular bloke. If they bring someone to replace him and he overthrows Barca then fair enough, good work but that probably won't happen.

Besides that, I am really tired of both Madrid and Barcelona, media talk and their El Classicos...

Eh I don't follow Spain football on regular basis, but since Jose came Real has turned into a meat grinding machine. I didn't want to compare them with us, just to say that it would be wiser for them to keep Jose as he is not your regular bloke. If they bring someone to replace him and he overthrows Barca then fair enough, good work but that probably won't happen.

Besides that, I am really tired of both Madrid and Barcelona, media talk and their El Classicos...

Well I do. Actually in my country La liga was more popular for years. EPL was hardly ever heard of. Just like the last decade when EPL has expoded more. I think it has to do with more Latino players playing there......

Mourinho was destined for this to happen, all this problem with the media and his players. No matter if he wins la liga, because in Madrid they don't take too kindly to his style.

I think you would understand if you followed Spanish football for a long time.

Now ask yourself, if Madrid don't like his style why they hire him? Because Madrid wants to get "Galacticos" the best of the best just to have a name that they own the best. Even if it doens't fit their philosophy.....

Well I do. Actually in my country La liga was more popular for years. EPL was hardly ever heard of. Just like the last decade when EPL has expoded more. I think it has to do with more Latino players playing there......

Mourinho was destined for this to happen, all this problem with the media and his players. No matter if he wins la liga, because in Madrid they don't take too kindly to his style.

I think you would understand if you followed Spanish football for a long time.

Now ask yourself, if Madrid don't like his style why they hire him? Because Madrid wants to get "Galacticos" the best of the best just to have a name that they own the best. Even if it doens't fit their philosophy.....

As I said I don't follow it on a regular basis and therefore my opinion is based on what I know and follow. I can't understand the mentality and how true Madrid fans feel about Real, but what I can't say is that they have started to get on my nerves. Football used to be so much more interesting with the likes of Milan, Inter, Bayern, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, United were all up there fighting for a CL trophy equally and now it's Barca and Real who are the dream clubs of every young player and the clubs that usually get the best players. They really get on my tits...

As I said I don't follow it on a regular basis and therefore my opinion is based on what I know and follow. I can't understand the mentality and how true Madrid fans feel about Real, but what I can't say is that they have started to get on my nerves. Football used to be so much more interesting with the likes of Milan, Inter, Bayern, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, United were all up there fighting for a CL trophy equally and now it's Barca and Real who are the dream clubs of every young player and the clubs that usually get the best players. They really get on my tits...

I feel you. Why do you think I dislike Madrid so much? :lol:

Mourinho wanted to go there to prove himself a point that he can managed the big seat at Real Madrid.

And in my humble opinion, he did not had to go there. We already knew he was a great coach. What he had achieved with Porto, Chelsea, and Inter was extradornary. He had nothing to prove, but his ambition took him there.

But as always with some people their downfall is their over ambition.

Mourinho can return to the Premier, but this time in Madrid will put a dent in him. It is why SAF told Mourinho that he was managing a circus, and he was right.