The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I am agreeing that the veterans deserve respect. But you do not need to buy a flower to pay this respect. It is a strange custom you have in England, where any public official, who does not wear the flower on the day, is making trouble. Any person who is not wearing it get strange looks from people. Why? Doing this, means that the flower is more important than the memory.

It is not disrespect to not wear the flower.

What a joke, the flower is a small symbol and it takes two seconds to donate some money to the soliders to get one and by CHOOSING to wear one, it DOES show that you recognise that symbol has become important, don't be RIDICULOUS to say that it is more important than the memory, god some people really do worry me their ignorant ideas.

People don't want to wear one that's fine, but personally I can't see why you can't ? As I said its just a wee flower, but it can't hurt to bother to wear it for a few days.

I personally think it is highly disrespectful to not bother to wear one but that's me, grandfather was in the RAF and friends in Afghanastan and we remember and respect them all the time, but for a specific few days, wearing a wee flower is just a wee symbol that you really realise how important these people are.

Anyway

What a joke, the flower is a small symbol and it takes two seconds to donate some money to the soliders to get one and by CHOOSING to wear one, it DOES show that you recognise that symbol has become important, don't be RIDICULOUS to say that it is more important than the memory, god some people really do worry me their ignorant ideas.

People don't want to wear one that's fine, but personally I can't see why you can't ? As I said its just a wee flower, but it can't hurt to bother to wear it for a few days.

I personally think it is highly disrespectful to not bother to wear one but that's me, grandfather was in the RAF and friends in Afghanastan and we remember and respect them all the time, but for a specific few days, wearing a wee flower is just a wee symbol that you really realise how important these people are.

Anyway

I am told that people, in England, are treated differently if they do not wear the flower on the day. Why is this so? If it is really free choice, then why does your Prime Minister, David Cameron, why does he have to wear one so that the voters do not become angry? It is not a choice.

How many people, in politics, in public office, wear the flower because they don't want to lose their job? Many, many more than those who actually care about the war, I think.

If it is a choice, explain incident, such as this:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/13/charlene-white-itv-news-presenter-remembrance-day-poppy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/google-doodle/10441144/Google-criticised-for-demeaning-tribute-to-Britains-war-dead.html

And there are the few that wear the poppy out of habbit and tradition instead of actual rememberance and respect for the lost soldiers. I believe a person should only wear the poppy if they truly sincere. It's far more disrespectful to wear it and not care than to care and not wear it.

Yeah it's like those ladies who go buy pink shit for breast cancer awareness. Tell yah what, go use that money you spent on pink clothes and jewlery and donate it to the cause in instead of given it to rich cooperations.

And fuck me, I've been away from here for the last 2 months cause the arguing and atmosphere turned to shit, but it seems nothings changed. Apart from Kojo being banned.

The sabbatical continues.

Peace.

And there are the few that wear the poppy out of habbit and tradition instead of actual rememberance and respect for the lost soldiers. I believe a person should only wear the poppy if they truly sincere. It's far more disrespectful to wear it and not care than to care and not wear it.

Well put, mate. You cannot force people to adopt your opinion of the Poppy, nor deny them their freedom of speech to actually discuss it.

You guys really have shown yourself up to be horrendous niave and frankly pretty rude and in all honestly someone like that will never change, so I won't bother arguing with you about this anymore. But I am embarrased for you few for your recent posts I really am.

Anyway moving on as this nonsense is ruining the pub. Please lets just stop it now. You have your opinion, I have mine.

How cool is this picture.

article_2513005_199_F0_F4_B00000578_426_

You guys really have shown yourself up to be horrendous niave and frankly pretty rude and in all honestly someone like that will never change, so I won't bother arguing with you about this anymore. But I am embarrased for you few for your recent posts I really am.

Anyway moving on as this nonsense is ruining the pub. Please lets just stop it now. You have your opinion, I have mine.

How cool is this picture.

article_2513005_199_F0_F4_B00000578_426_

:philjones: Please don't put us in their group. Neymar's gonna rape me.

And it's my opinion that posting that picture doesn't distract me from the fact that you are ignorant and stubborn man that seems more militantly aggressive about some stupid poppy than the actual soldiers and veterans. How about doing something that shows you actually care, fucking volunteer or something do something that makes a difference for them instead of parading around with a stupid little poppy. Look at me I care and do have respect. Fuck care and respect go out there and do something.

To me you are just has gassbagging about something completely unimportant. Go help disabled veterans at a retirement home if you actually care.

You have offended me and know that would be the case, drunk or not you have just shown what an absolute fool you are. I think you are clearly the ignorant one, so silly you can't even read that I am a WOMAN!!!!

Also you extremely rude man I DO volunteer with veterans, so pipe down and stop embarrassing yourself.

Please stop this is the pub, as I have said MANY times take it up with me privately if you have to.

You have offended me and know that would be the case, drunk or not you have just shown what an absolute fool you are. I think you are clearly the ignorant one, so silly you can't even read that I am a WOMAN!!!!

Also you extremely rude man I DO volunteer with veterans, so pipe down and stop embarrassing yourself.

Please stop this is the pub, as I have said MANY times take it up with me privately if you have to.

I don't care if you are a woman or a man, it makes no difference to me. At least tell me the reasons why I am embarassing myself, why I am an absolute fool and what not. Because I think a silly little flower is important? Why is it important? Because people give meaning to it? I can give meaning to anything also. The meaning is important not the flower. We can give the same meaning to a black hat, the black hat will never matter only the meaning will. It's like pink and blue ribbons for breast and testicle cancer. The ribbons don't mean shit but the meaning behind them does. So I don't see why someone should have to wear a poppy at all. They can if they want to, nothing is stopping them, but I really fail to how and why it's disrespectful if someone truly cares and doesn't wear the poppy. They care and that's all that matters.

Also, you were the one that started with the condescending and rude statements "niave and frankly pretty rude and in all honestly someone like that will never change, so I won't bother arguing with you about this anymore". Sorry if I lost my temper and everything, but jeez, how can you not expect a hostile response from something so inherently condescending?

And I'm glad you do volunteer that means you actually do care more than some pin in a lapel.

And it's my opinion that posting that picture doesn't distract me from the fact that you are ignorant and stubborn man that seems more militantly aggressive about some stupid poppy than the actual soldiers and veterans. How about doing something that shows you actually care, fucking volunteer or something do something that makes a difference for them instead of parading around with a stupid little poppy. Look at me I care and do have respect. Fuck care and respect go out there and do something.

To me you are just has gassbagging about something completely unimportant. Go help disabled veterans at a retirement home if you actually care.

Not taking a shot at you or anything but you should look at your drunk self before judging others. Getting drunk doesn't actually help the veterans.

I know because i'm drunk as well.