The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Since I am one of the few Americans on the board I thought to add a point of trivia. . I didn't have a thought either way on your message to be honest and could careless how you refer to my president. However you have just guaranteed this will be my last response to your posts. Last time I checked it was an open forum and members were free to comment on any post. However, I realize you don't see things that way and will respect that you don't care to have me "involved", your wish is granted.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you didn't care you didn't need to comment on it, it surprised me as I had quite liked you but your since odd comments and saying you'll not reply, lol, ok I'll not bother in future either then.

Just because you are American doesn't mean that other people who aren't, know nothing about it. I would never suggest anyone outside of Scotland could not possibly even know MORE about it than me, someone who is Scottish .They might have extensively studied Scottish History as I have with American history and I did just look it up again to check and it is a fact that they keep the title 'Mr President' for life.

Anyway god how sad the pub has been pulled into silliness lets move on and Celebrate ChooChoo's Birthday

happy-jumping-smiley-emoticon.gif

I actually missed that first time around, but just had a look at some of the comments.

The disconnect certain members of this forum have with the traditions of this club is quite astounding sometimes.

Chelsea+v+Liverpool+Premier+League+DVmNQ

I am agreeing that the veterans deserve respect. But you do not need to buy a flower to pay this respect. It is a strange custom you have in England, where any public official, who does not wear the flower on the day, is making trouble. Any person who is not wearing it get strange looks from people. Why? Doing this, means that the flower is more important than the memory.

It is not disrespect to not wear the flower.