The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Do your women wear these? :lol:

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1385833561.883826.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yup, only those. No bra, shirts or coats, just nipple warmers. You should visit Finland in wintertime. :eyebrows:

I did. Walked a frozen see at -30 once while drunk. Unfortunately wearing my belgian winter clothes. I felt like dying after two hours. That night had an amazing fever in the hotel.

Never again.

I did. Walked a frozen see at -30 once while drunk. Unfortunately wearing my belgian winter clothes. I felt like dying after two hours. That night had an amazing fever in the hotel.

Never again.

Real reason:

aM140DW_460sa.gif

:Goober:

Ah ok! Also protip: Take shorter bouts of studying. 1 to max 1,5 hours. Then shut down for 10 minutes (have a smoke outside, walk a bit) and return. Don't overdo it in one day as well. If you have studied 6 hours (in exam prep time - otherwise 4 can do the trick), thats a LOT. If you want to reach that kind of time, start early: people study best in the morning - fact. Studying at night is really a no no. Also: few people know this, but there is a memory effect if you sync study time and exam time. Another reason to study in the morning (most exams are in the morning).

A study actually showed that people actually have their own specific times of day they're best at. Some are good at night, others at afternoon or some at morning. I didn't know about the sync bit though. I will definitely try that!

Ah ok! Also protip: Take shorter bouts of studying. 1 to max 1,5 hours. Then shut down for 10 minutes (have a smoke outside, walk a bit) and return. Don't overdo it in one day as well. If you have studied 6 hours (in exam prep time - otherwise 4 can do the trick), thats a LOT. If you want to reach that kind of time, start early: people study best in the morning - fact. Studying at night is really a no no. Also: few people know this, but there is a memory effect if you sync study time and exam time. Another reason to study in the morning (most exams are in the morning).

A study actually showed that people actually have their own specific times of day they're best at. Some are good at night, others at afternoon or some at morning. I didn't know about the sync bit though. I will definitely try that!

Yes. So many studies :-) They once talked about learning styles as well (falsified by evidence). The fact that people have their time is true. But its more a shift in hours than a night/morning thing.

People's variance is rather small. We learn (long term tested way) better in the morning. That actually makes evolutionary sense (if you have no food = be sharp enough to get it).

A lot of pop psychology is more aimed at getting people's attention in papers, pop science magazines and stuff than being methodically sound. An A1 science paper which had that quality - nobody reads it.

Just think about football. Even on here, too many just wanna scream instead of looking at facts.

Mozart said: Cose Fan Tute - or "so do they all".