Ramires

DavidEU

No one asked him yet, watching the press conference right now.

Oscar and David Luiz are in as expected.

Is Raphael going in?

Do you guys from Brazil consider Luiz good enough for your starting 11?

Rafael from Man U? nope.

And yes, absolutely, can't see anything other than DL and Thiago Silva as our CB pair.

You don't think Dante will overtake him?

Also, if Fernandinho does go to Man City, does that open up his spot in the NT?

Fernando - Grêmio

Hernanes - Lazio

Luiz Gustavo - Bayern de Munique

Paulinho - Corinthians

That's his midfield, i could easily see Fernandinho overtaking Fernando for the World Cup if he does go to Man City and proves himself there.

I'm obviously biased towards DL, but as long as he doesn't go crazy i don't see it happening.

Ramires was dropped for disciplinary reasons. Something to do with being injured not showing up in time (he showed up late accompanied by Eva), and perhaps also not sticking around. Not a done deal for the WC-unlike Ronaldinho who showed up completely drunk-but Ramires will have to work hard AND talk with Brazil coaches/officials if he wants to secure a spot next year.

This was NOT the time to not show 100% commitment though, if he wanted to play next year that is.

BluesMaster, agree with need for a rest, but it could negatively affect the player's confidence. Or it could make him work even harder to make up for it and get a well deserved call up for next year.

From the club's selfish POV, Ramires missing out for the Confederations Cup is a good news for us. Can get a proper break after a long hard season and return fresh for next season. Shame Luiz and Oscar are in the squad especially the latter. He could do with a break!

Spent half the match in the offside, but he did cause the Benfica defense a lot of trouble. Wasn't as bad as people are making him out to be. Luiz and lamps, for example, had much much worse performances tonight.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, what matters is that the trophy is ours!

He had a disgustingly poor game yesterday and I was ready to lambaste him, but then you think that he is a holding player, playing out wide in a team that doesn't use the wings. Did a good job defensively, but hopeless going forward. I hope this serves as a reminder to the new manager we need wingers, and that Ramires is a centre-midfielder. That being said, what other options did we have? Marin is useless and Moses is out of form, so he was probably the only real choice Rafa had.

I personally would have done with RDM did against Juventus, and played Azpi on the right of midfield, with Ivanovic in behind, and Luiz dropping back in as a centre-half. Ramires CM alongside Lampard, with Oscar and Mata drifting between the LM and false number 9 position, Azpi on the right, and Nando up front. Similar to what we did in Munich with Bertrand on the opposite side. However maybe that's a little too revolutionary for Rafa haha! :lol: