Ramires

DavidEU

He has unique technique, just remember he's absolutely legend goal against Barca and his first game pass to Drogba. I am like many sometimes get angry about him especially his first touch. But sometimes he do magic. He also has character of true warrior.

I'm glad Mourinho phoned him, because I'm sure Ramires is feeling a bit down for not being part of the Conf. Cup Brazil selection, which makes his World Cup participation an uphill battle.

Brazil are also missing him dearly. It's difficult to understand Scolari's logic or lack there of, when he calls up absolute cunts like Ronaldinho (recently dropped from the NT though) and Jo, or players that simply don't belong there such as L.Gustavo and Fred (can barely move) and leave out Ramires for being late once... A player who has always given 100% for club and Brazil.

looking at his impressive tackling quality, do you think he could be converted to a true DM? His work rate and defensives skills are sublime.

Next to him may be Oscar could cover Rambo's poor passing quality.

What do you think of a pivot with both of them? He already played with lampsy last season like that

-- Rambo - Oscar ----

KDB - Mata - Hazard

------- Lukaku ---------

Not surprised Jose has called Rammy he is a player ,I doubt he has called Mikel ,you have not heard Mikel say " I am staying at Chelsea ,Mourinho has said I am a big part of his plans and yes Rammy would be much more like Maka in the holding role if played there ,I think Jose could well try it ,I think Rammy is versatile and a player who is priceless I am very happy Mourinho has phoned Rammy and made him aware how valuable he is to Chelsea.

looking at his impressive tackling quality, do you think he could be converted to a true DM? His work rate and defensives skills are sublime.

Next to him may be Oscar could cover Rambo's poor passing quality.

What do you think of a pivot with both of them? He already played with lampsy last season like that

-- Rambo - Oscar ----

KDB - Mata - Hazard

------- Lukaku ---------

Nah. The only thing impressive about his tackling ability is his rashness. How many times did I read in match threads "he should have been sent off" or "he is too rash" ? A lot — too much. If he is played as a defensive midfielder, then he will have to make more defensive interventions (i.e. tackles) and thus this bad side of his game will be further more stressed.

Moreover, to my mind he does not possess enough discipline to play as a defensive midfielder (neither in a midfield-two, nor in a midfield-three). Ramires is great when he has to chase down opponents all over the pitch like a pitbull. But in all honestly, if we ask him to stay in front of the defense and cover his team mates, I can clearly see him being all over the pitch. And for my taste, he is way too much attracted to do his long runs toward the foe's box to be a DM ; in a midfield-two, his partner will be more focussed on knowing where's Ramires than on the game.

I'm glad Mourinho phoned him, because I'm sure Ramires is feeling a bit down for not being part of the Conf. Cup Brazil selection, which makes his World Cup participation an uphill battle.

Brazil are also missing him dearly. It's difficult to understand Scolari's logic or lack there of, when he calls up absolute cunts like Ronaldinho (recently dropped from the NT though) and Jo, or players that simply don't belong there such as L.Gustavo and Fred (can barely move) and leave out Ramires for being late once... A player who has always given 100% for club and Brazil.

You are aware Jo is like the leading scorer in the Libertadores right now? It just seems like he is slated because he isnt a big name like others. He is perfectly fine, and much better than overrated guys with huge endorsements like Pato right now. Has played a total of like 10 minutes and already has two goals too.

You are aware Jo is like the leading scorer in the Libertadores right now? It just seems like he is slated because he isnt a big name like others. He is perfectly fine, and much better than overrated guys with huge endorsements like Pato right now. Has played a total of like 10 minutes and already has two goals too.

I would love to see Jo come back to Corinthians. I was pissed when they sold him in the first place. Brazilian clubs always sell their talent, cause they have awesome Youth development & the Cartolas feel they have an everlasting supply of talent. I guess that is the Brazilian way.

I think you misunderstood my post. I called him a cunt, not a bad player.

So, Jo had a spell in Porto Alegre at Internacional (Oscar's former team and my hometown) and all he did there was drive his neighbors absolutely nuts with daily parties and what not-police got involved a few times. Until Internacional had enough and shipped him (without cost) to Atl Mineiro. So, Atletico is the party team, with Jo and Ronaldinho (who's been dropped for showing up completely drunk for the NT :)). They've been playing great, aside from a bit of luck last libertadores game. They play very open and are only progressing because the lvel in SA is pretty low and these guys, along Bernard and Rever (Brazil CB) really give Atl an edge.

So, again, my point was that Ramires was dropped for being late and not being committed, while Scolari gave several opportunities to Ronaldinho, who everybody knows is a party animal and can barely move these days, and Jo.

Jo is a lot better than Fred, who has no business in the NT.

what do you think about this midfield:

----Ramires----

Oscar-----KDB

could work?

I feel like Jose is going to give Rami the DM role.

Would be awesome if you could somehow convince our opposition to never attack..

what do you think about this midfield:

----Ramires----

Oscar-----KDB

could work?

I feel like Jose is going to give Rami the DM role.

Would be awesome if you could somehow convince our opposition to never attack..

Haha yea ..

this would suck as far as defense goes.

" Ramires, an irrepressible source of energy occasionally appears to have the worst first-touch in Brazil " - dailyfail ...

group-slap.gif

it does look very bad sometimes. Ramires is an athlete first and foremost, those are the qualities he brings to the table. Technique is a clear second.

yea but saying he has the worst first touch in Brazil.. c'mon. Thats too harsh.

he'd been the most obvious call up for Brazil until showed up late accompanied by Eva (to confirm his injury). Scolari saw that as lack of commitment, he is very keen on players giving 100% for the cause, and dropped him.

So, Ramires is not in the Brazil squad for disciplinary reasons, exclusively. I personally think he is still a lot better than Paulinho, because while Paulinho has his moments of Brilliance, he does vanish at times, which can be deadly in a single-elimination competition. Ramires on the other hand, albeit less brilliant, has better consistency and workrate, which can keep the team going for the entire 90m.