Ramires

DavidEU

Ramires will basically be like what Essien was to us, before his injuries, under Mourinho. No surprises to see Mourinho likes him. You always need a willing runner and someone with loads of engine in the team like Ramires.

Intresting. I wonder in which role Mou wants him. Im happy for Rami, he deserves the credit for his great seasons with us.

Next to Oscar. In the front 2 of a 3 man midfield or playing in a 4-3-1-2. The players linking up play between the fullback and the "wingers".

They have the engine to do that and offers flexibility in the tactics, playing narrower or wider, switching the formation reacting on what the opposition is doing.

Ramires: "José Mourinho has told me that he is a big fan of me and that he has me in his plans to be one of his key play next season." Ramires: "Mou even told me that he wanted to bring me to Inter and Real. Now that I've heard this, I'm even more excited to work with him." #CFC.

Ramires will basically be like what Essien was to us, before his injuries, under Mourinho. No surprises to see Mourinho likes him. You always need a willing runner and someone with loads of engine in the team like Ramires.

Essien before his injuries was miles better than Ramires. He was much stronger, had a good amount of technical ability (something Ramires sorely lacks), and had a beast of a shot. Not to mention his football IQ was quite a bit better. However, I see why you would make that comparison. In a way, they're quite similar players (skill aside).

I love Ramires but it is a bit of a misconception that he's a great runner.

Why so? Care to elaborate further?

Ramires has always been a beast when it comes to playing the ball into a space in which he can run into. Have hardly seen anyone catching up with him once he get started on the engine-esque run of his.

He made more successful tackles than any other player in our squad last season followed by Oscar who had around 86 I believe. Food for thought, sort of, maybe, I don't know. Take it how you please.

Why so? Care to elaborate further?

Ramires has always been a beast when it comes to playing the ball into a space in which he can run into. Have hardly seen anyone catching up with him once he get started on the engine-esque run of his.

I was looking at the statistics for the average number of meters run per minute. Ramires was not up there in the highest numbers.

I was looking at the statistics for the average number of meters run per minute. Ramires was not up there in the highest numbers.

Think you have to take into account that Ramires was playing a somewhat restricted role in the pivot last season. He didn't always get the chance or wasn't allowed to bomb forward in order to protect the back 4 and allow his partner to venture forward instead.

And that stat doesn't mean he's not a great runner. (stats don't always tell the whole story) We have seen him making deep and late runs from midfield, breaking past the opposition defence when used rightly in games and hardly anyone has able to match him when that happens.