Ramires

DavidEU

As long as that these rashness and recklessness in is defensive interventions don't disappear from his game, and as long as he will have problems with his decision making, he should not feature in our hypothetical futur starting XI — I say. That's not the first time that he flirts with the red card, and today it could have cost us the game and maybe the Champions League qualification as well.

I think we are being very harsh on Rammy here ,you need some bite in midfield ,someone who is a little bit nasty ,look at Keane and Scholes,thought his sending off was harsh as he pulled out of the challenge and did not make contact,somebody who is as committed as Rammy will always mis time the odd tackle and with experience he will learn ,had Scholes made that tackle he would not have gone,hopefully Jose will bring that kind of influence to us next season and in the future,because ref's are very easily penalising our players at the moment with no recourse.

I didn't think it was harsh in the slightest and if he didn't get a second yellow for that one, he would've got one for something else. It was so obvious he was going to get sent off and how Rafa, JT, Lamps or any other player didn't just have a word in his ear is ASTOUNDING to me.

I love his attitude and I was overly harsh on him earlier in the season but he can go into headless chicken mode and then he's absolutely worthless to us.

I don't think he's all that nasty as a player either, like Keane. I think he's just a little bit thick at times. Keane could be sneaky about it at times and he had a real dark side to his game....Ramires is a lovely bloke.

The problem was that despite his recklessness yesterday he was probably the only player in the first half trying to do something with our play. Ba was anonymous, Hazard and Mata were in a daze, Lampard wondering around the pitch like a lost puppy and Moses unable to trap a bag of cement that had been stuck to the ground. Ramires was the only one trying to break up their play (if doing a bit of shit job at it)

It was only when Villa had a man sent off and they lost all sense of composure that we were able to do anything with our play. Laregly down to Hzard who managed to realize what to do with the ball once he got it.

IMO the second yellow was undeserved (he didn't even touch his opponent and if you're going to punish the possibility of fouling a player in a tackle then you have to hand out at least 10 more red cards per game) and hypocritical considering Benteke should have seen a straight red only a few minutes before.

IMO the second yellow was undeserved (he didn't even touch his opponent and if you're going to punish the possibility of fouling a player in a tackle then you have to hand out at least 10 more red cards per game) and hypocritical considering Benteke should have seen a straight red only a few minutes before.

not only Benteke but also that defender who decided to try to break Mata's legs from behind in the beggining.

Can't believe some people are calling Ramires an idiot. Despite Ramires's lack of technique and inconsistent finishing he is one of our best players.

I've lost count how many times I've seen other fans wishing they had Ramires and praising him. His agression is what makes him who he is. It's a part of all that incredible energy he has, that same energy we praise and are so thankful for.

Ridiculous how some can insult him the way they have, even after they had time to cool off after we had won. Shame.

I love his energy, his enthusiasm and he's been such an important player for us but he's not the sharpest tool in the box. Yesterday was just such a brainless performance from him that I'm not sure what you'd call it, but idiotic is up there. I don't mean that in a malicious way, but in an affectionate way and I think he's going to be important to whatever we do in the future.

But it was so obvious that he was going to get himself booked for a second time that I think a bit of stick is merited on this one occasion.

Yes it was stupid to put your leg up when you're already on a booking, regardless of whether or not he deserved the second card (I think he does, for intention). But I can understand what he did because he was left completely alone in midfield to battle with the Villa players. In the first half, Mata was invisible while Lampard spent most of it more advanced than Ba. Rami just tried too hard to make something happen when the rest of the team was asleep.

Rambo is not the brightest of players nor the best passer around, but to call him the most idiot player we have ever had is an idiotic statement in itself!

For fucks sake :banghead:

I'll try and explain it one last time so that only the people looking for reasons to be offended can continue looking to make my comment more than it was.

You know you get those puppies (hey look, I'm comparing Rami to a dog now so there's plenty to take mock offence at there) who are just balls of energy, bouncing around all over the place like nutters? Those dogs are great. Who doesn't love those types of puppies?

Well every now and then they'll get a little excited and the owner will let them off the leash and they'll end up smacking into a plate glass window. You call them idiots but that doesn't mean you don't love them. You understand that it's just part of who they are and they'll get a little over-excited now and then.

That's Rami to me. I love his energy and commitment but he will let it spill over. I don't think he's a nasty player as others have suggested, I just think he's a bit of an idiot now and then who will lose focus, get his teammates booked and then get himself sent off.

I'm not saying we should sell him. I'm not saying we should admonish him, I'm just saying he's a bit of an idiot.

And in that regard I can't think of a player in my time supporting the club who is as big an idiot as he is. I also can't think of a player who had his engine (maybe Essien) and his ability to muster a lungbusting run in the 92nd minute when other players would be dying on their arse.

:banghead: :banghead:

For fucks sake :banghead:

I'll try and explain it one last time so that only the people looking for reasons to be offended can continue looking to make my comment more than it was.

I'm not saying we should sell him. I'm not saying we should admonish him, I'm just saying he's a bit of an idiot.

And in that regard I can't think of a player in my time supporting the club who is as big an idiot as he is. I also can't think of a player who had his engine (maybe Essien) and his ability to muster a lungbusting run in the 92nd minute when other players would be dying on their arse.

I did not get offended dude, I just think that calling him the most idiot player is wrong...

I agree with your description of him and we have already agreed on the past that he is no first team material but he has different attributes that makes him an useful squad player. However, he is not the most idiot player we had, not in the slightest. What about Torres and Kalou?

I dint make your post bigger than it was, I just highly disagreed with it.

Another point on Rammy yesterday was when JT brought Benteke down and they were calling for a red card just before that Ramires was clearly pushed over from behind in the build up it was as blatant as the Giggs on Luiz at Old Trafford and yet not a mention of it ,Lamberts comments on the ref not giving Villa anything were a joke ,Benitez is useless when it comes to putting pressure on refs as the likes of Fergie do to gain advantage .

Jose changes all this he misses nothing and Lambert would not have got away with that with Jose in our managers seat.

Nobody will take the piss out of us from next season onwards and our board need to embrace this and stand firm behind Jose when he sticks up for us.

So after the goal the last year vs Barcelona, you where thinking: Oh my god this guy is stupid...

Hate opportunist people, that always point the mistakes but not the brightness. He is all passion, if we would have a couple of players more like him, we won't be in this last-minute situation.