Ramires

DavidEU

What could possibly make you sigh about that? If anything, longer contract = more money in a potential sale, should make you happy :)

If it's too increase the price then great but if he's really gonna stay another 4 year... We need to strengthen our midfield, imo Rami isn't good enough for us and we also don't even use him the way he should be used which isn't as a winger/pivot player.

Superb if true. In today's market you can't find much better rotational options, so it's best we keep hold of him until he still has his main strengths. And his different style of play from the rest of our midfielders gives us an extra tactical option, which is always good. Also he has goals and fight in him, for the life of me I cannot understand why some object to having such a useful squad player.

If it's too increase the price then great but if he's really gonna stay another 4 year... We need to strengthen our midfield, imo Rami isn't good enough for us and we also don't even use him the way he should be used which isn't as a winger/pivot player.

He's happy to be a squad player, versatile, loves the club. Don't see the problem here. Ramires isn't gonna stop someone like Koke from joining lol.

He's happy to be a squad player, versatile, loves the club. Don't see the problem here. Ramires isn't gonna stop someone like Koke from joining lol.

We need better squad players, he isn't good enough to be back up for Matic. But then again I'm probably being too harsh on him, I just never liked him, I'd get rid of him and Mikel without having to think twice.

We need better squad players, he isn't good enough to be back up for Matic. But then again I'm probably being too harsh on him, I just never liked him, I'd get rid of him and Mikel without having to think twice.

I don't consider Ramires to be backup to anyone. Mikel is Matic's backup, not Ramires. He plays in games and situations where the manager sees him as a better option to anyone really, not just Matic. He's a tactical weapon in my eyes.

sigh... :(

We repeat same mistake, like when we renewed Mikel.

Ramires don't have quality. Now is time to sell him.

Besides, This contract will affect our MF talent(Pasalic,Ginkel,Baker...), This is like abandoning them.

I don't consider Ramires to be backup to anyone. Mikel is Matic's backup, not Ramires. He plays in games and situations where the manager sees him as a better option to anyone really, not just Matic. He's a tactical weapon in my eyes.

I consider him backup to anyone playing in the pivot or on the wing because let's face it, those are the only positions he's going to play in and he's not good enough for those positions.

What could possibly make you sigh about that? If anything, longer contract = more money in a potential sale, should make you happy :)

Rambo is 29 next year.

We won't get much transfer fee for him imo.

give Mikel an new contract was a huge mistake from chelsea but Ramires is better than Mikel at least Ramires scores important goals

Just little better than Mikel. Important goal? It is now a thing of the past.

Wanted him gone in the summer but not sure now. Surely either him or Mikel leave because as a two they're "waiste of space" as it is called. Both take the same role as each other, they sit on good mid-wage bill, happy to be even 5th choice, perfect age for squad player, plenty of expierience, little to no ambition to push for place. I think there should be only one of them at the same time in the club. My shout would be Ramires then as he can play multiple roles and occassionally (o-ca-sionally mind) can be seen as classy player.

IMO even if we sell him we won't earn much. That 12-15m€ club would get don't change much in transfers as it won't improve chances to get class player. Club has the money and can use them but won't throw it over the top for the player they consider not worth it, so that potential received sum won't be thrown over the maximum they can offer for someone, it doesn't work like that. They would probably use that money to sing a couple of youngsters at best. Therefore I'm ok with Ramires staying. He is happy to be 5th choice even so we can have Matic, Fabregas, RLC and X player ahead of him and he's still here to be valuable number.

just like in the Mourinho case an unnecessary and premature extension. Ramires relies on his physical attributes pace and stamina. both will have gone down the drain until 2019 when he will be 32. Still we seem he will be worth in excess of 70k a week then. Incredible. After doing sound business for some years the board is back to being completely braindead. Horrible summer transfer window. then that needless extension of Mourinho's contract and than this just as unnecessary extension of Ramires's working paper. Just plain atrocious. Whoever in charge of this disaster should be fired immediately.

Just little better than Mikel. Important goal? It is now a thing of the past.

away to Newcastle Ramires scored a important goal but I see what your saying tho juventus have always show interest in Ramires put in the pogba deal next seasonnew contract means nothing nowadays he still can be sold