Gregory van der Wiel

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say for a man who had, admitedly never seen VDW play prior to the euro's, i was looking forward to see how he shaped up and was he really the real deal everyone had been talking about, and fair enough there was divided opinion on was he a stalwart defender but at least a good attacker!, but fuck me he is useless?? he wasnt even attacking well nevermind defending! This is a great example of media over hyping and fans snowballing,

Oh well Stand clear chelsea stand clear! we just got rid of boswinga no need for a worse/more unexperienced version of him, no wonder this lad wants to join up! be the luckiest man in the world :L :L

I'm sorry for all the shit I spew, debates I start and 'controversial' thoughts I share, but it's things like these which make me so frustrated with many of our fans (yes, he's a Chelsea fan):-

ghokcgly.jpg

I just hate this thing that so many of you do which is jumping all over a player (not literally, of course) as soon as an unreliable source links us to them without a single quote etc. and hail him as the 'next best thing' for our team without doing any actual proper scouting or research about the player. (I'm not saying that we're not actually interested in Van Der Wiel, but I mean in general. Lucas Moura for instance.)

Again, sorry.

Put it this way.

If we sign him, we will be begging for Bosingwa's return by the end of October.

I doubt any top club is going to sign Van Der Wiel. His transfer to Valencia fell through and they managed to sign Joao Pereira for half of VDW's price.

There were scout reports from the Netherlands that from a young age:

• Van Der Wiel was good going forward, decent crossing ability, good pace
  • VdW seemed to lose concentration which affected his ability to track back.
  • VdW's positioning is fairly poor, his marking is fairly poor.

Conclusion: Sign either Azpi from Marseille OR Debuchy from Lille.

I must say for a man who had, admitedly never seen VDW play prior to the euro's, i was looking forward to see how he shaped up and was he really the real deal everyone had been talking about, and fair enough there was divided opinion on was he a stalwart defender but at least a good attacker!, but fuck me he is useless?? he wasnt even attacking well nevermind defending! This is a great example of media over hyping and fans snowballing,

Oh well Stand clear chelsea stand clear! we just got rid of boswinga no need for a worse/more unexperienced version of him, no wonder this lad wants to join up! be the luckiest man in the world :L :L

ppl who watched him before knew he wasnt the man. media hyped him because they hadn't seen him

• 2 months later...

Its actually a great move for Gregory.Not only will he earn big but also get the opportunity to play alongside world class players and get coached by the great Carlo.This will help him improve his game and become a better right back.If all goes well then I can see him moving to Madrid/Barca soon as they both will desperately need a top right back.

Its actually a great move for Gregory.Not only will he earn big but also get the opportunity to play alongside world class players and get coached by the great Carlo.This will help him improve his game and become a better right back.If all goes well then I can see him moving to Madrid/Barca soon as they both will desperately need a top right back.

Once a 'Dutch Bosingwa', always a 'Dutch Bosingwa. ;)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You