Yossi Benayoun

Milan

I don't know much about Yossi Benayoun, but i think we should all give him the respect that he deserves now that he'll be wearing a Chelsea shirt. We need to give him time to fit in and find his feet. He'll certainly fit in with our 'Ageing Squad' as the media would have it and didn't we prove them wrong when we did the double last season. I'll be keen to see what he can do, welcome Yossi.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure we could have got Ozil. Every club in Europe probably wants to sign him, and when it comes down to financial power we can't compete with City.

How many players do city need lol i very much doubt they would want ozil after signing silva !

I think this is a very measured, well thought-out and sensible signing. The guy's got proven Premiership and Champions League experience and ability. Has no trouble-attracting qualities either on or off the field. Runs himself into the ground every time he puts on that shirt. Is committed and determined, fitting into our team psyche. On top of all that, we got him only for 5 million (widely reported, but even other figures are not much higher). A very good signing, as far as I'm concerned.

Wasn't at all happy when we signed him, still not, not a great fan of him, BUT, now he's a Chelsea player, i'm adapting to it, and i;ll back him 100% i hope he does well at Chels. and i do hope he proves me wrong about my opinion of hi ability and gets me on side..

Welcome to Chelsea Yossi Benayoun.

I think at the end of the day he is a squad player, do not see him in our strongest XI

I think if he is in form he could be in our starting 11 most weeks. He is always working hard and his pace and dribbling is very good.

His age is the only issues IMO. He was actually one of Liverpool's most creative players last season but for some reason fell out of favour (I think when Rafa began to lose the plot.

Six million isn't a lot in today's money and we are getting a proven, versatile Premier League player. I agree that Carlo needs to bring some younger players in but Yossi is still a quality player

His age is the only issues IMO. He was actually one of Liverpool's most creative players last season but for some reason fell out of favour (I think when Rafa began to lose the plot.

Six million isn't a lot in today's money and we are getting a proven, versatile Premier League player. I agree that Carlo needs to bring some younger players in but Yossi is still a quality player

Positives and negatives with this.

Positives are that will probably be a squad player, can come on inject pace, as a supersub. hes also not going to have a timmy tantrum if hes not a regular starter...and 2-3 years out of him, he might just be worth it

However, £5.5 m seems a lot for a 30 yearold and will be worth 10p at the end of his contract, and Fenerbache were the only other team interested. Would have personally hung on to Stoch, or gone for Ashley Young -and it doesnt send a very good message to potential youngsters, Benayoun couldnt get into a less than average Bindippers side last season -so what does that say ?

i think it also show the club are going all out for thw CL next season....

if that turns out to be true we will no longer be in the top 4.

In Yossi's best season in terms of his performances and consistency, 08/09, Liverpool finished second. The season before that they finished fourth, and last season he was arguably their best player! Your 'reasoning,' or lack of, is undermined by your cynicism. Give the guy a chance.

snipped

Some random points

• Good to see Mikel and Essien training
  • I see Yossi still doesn't have a number,could they be waiting some other transfers to complete?
  • Benayoun was one of the weaker players of the top 4,seeing him next to one of the strongest (Essien) proves it.
  • Who's that guy between Josh and Benayoun?It looks like Borini but I'm not sure wacko.gif

Some random points

• Good to see Mikel and Essien training
  • I see Yossi still doesn't have a number,could they be waiting some other transfers to complete?
  • Benayoun was one of the weaker players of the top 4,seeing him next to one of the strongest (Essien) proves it.
  • Who's that guy between Josh and Benayoun?It looks like Borini but I'm not sure wacko.gif

Good points :)

Think it's Hutchinson between Josh and Benayoun, not 100% sure though, Whats with the blue straps on Mikel's shoulders?

EDIT: Yeah, your right it's Borini. Just checked on getty images :)

Edited by Boondock33