Terry dropped as England skipper

Blueboy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Headline in the Daily Mail

Boozer, love cheat and drug-test dodger. Meet the NEW England captain Rio Ferdinand

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz0ekDYvw6a

Rio's not exactly a good role model then is he all this rubbish about being good role models on and OFF the pitch.

I know!!I read that jesus christ are they gana try get Rio sacked now and make sure Gerrard gets in.Make your bloody minds up!!One moment he's a saint and ideal the next..ooh look heres what he's done!!

Gotta love the fickle England fans.One match recently they were singing how he should be in the stands now tis 'Rio Captain yay yay'.

At the end of the day I would think that Capello knows what he's doing and know's about Ferdinand's past. Bet you could go through the whole England squad and probably find that none of them are squeaky clean off the pitch.

Terry told The Sun newspaper - which signed him up last year as a columnist - that he was "gutted" at being sacked. "It hurts so much, but I will fight back," he said.

He added: "If there's a 1% chance of being World Cup captain, I will fight for it tooth and nail."

skysports

Unfrotunately, I doubt stripping Terry of the England captaincy will make football’s moral maze any easier to navigate. Should Capello take the armband off Terry, he’d want a new skipper whose record is whiter than England’s kits. So that’ll be Theo Walcott leading the team out in Jo’burg, then… - Mike Norris, Telegraph Sport.

Lol, harsh but this is just as funny:

Hull chant at Wayne Bridge this afternoon (to the tune of One Man Went To Mow):

"Terry went to bed, went to bed with your bird.

John Terry, and his dog, went to bed with your bird.

Mutu went to bed, went to bed with your bird

Mutu, Terry and his dog, went to bed with your bird.

Eidhur went to bed, went to bed with you bird,...

Eidhur, Mutu, Terry and his dog, went to bed with your bird" etc etc

At least Graeme Le Saux gives a balance report. He sure has had his fair amount of abuse from being thought of as gay (despite fathering children).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/england/7175672/Graeme-Le-Saux-Chelsea-captain-John-Terry-must-learn-from-his-mistakes.html

I have a lot of respect for Le Saux's opinion - he's one of few from the football world who talks sense. I always liked him as a Chelsea player and remember reading his autobiography and thinking what nasty bastards some people were towards him. He never did anything wrong and took so much abuse. John Terry really would do well to listen to people like Le Saux instead of the tossers advising him lately.

Appalling decision. It shows 1) The power of the gutter press, and 2) that Capello is weak

I am thinking though, that Terry and Capello agreed this would be the best course of action, as the press are like a Rottweiler and wouldnt let go.

Now they have what they want, Terry isnt captain any more and Rupert Murdochs Australian media empire once more undermines Englands World cup campaign as they do every four years.

At the end of the day though what does the captain have to do ? He has to be able to tell the difference between heads and tails, be a bit shouty , and hold a trophy up if they win one. Fuck it, give it to the drug cheat

What makes me laugh is how they seemed to think JT would crumble..in fact Daily Mail Weds was saying how the pressure was getting to much (after we drew against Hull) Instead he's come out fighting.He hasnt rolled over and hid.He's got on with his job and I damn hope Capello is watching him!

We're meant to forget Rios past mistakes..say the Mail who last week going on about JT back in the day so wtf..even with Rio as Captain they're still moaning.

Shame the media pressure has got to Capello but nice to not have to read all the negative crap..now its all nice and postive.Shame its caused him being stripped of Captanicy and all this to get the praise he deserves but hey ho

And haha exactly!Swear it was Capello whose played down the imporantce of the Captains role but yeh that sums it up.. I can still see JT being leaderish out there orgainising the defence and all..just Rio has the armband.Meh.