Pato signs for Corinthians

the wes

And how do you know Andre wouldn't want him?

Why do you think it will be a Roman's signing ?

How so? He fits into AVB's philosophy. Maybe both concur that he'd be a great signing, but I don't see AVB acquiescing to Roman taking control of our signings. After-all he was given the "manager" role unlike all who Roman previously employed (or something like that) and I have no reason to believe that AVB isn't targeting him. With Anelka's departure looking imminent and both Kalou & Drogba in doubt it's a void any competent manager would look to fill.

A big money, marquee signing. It just wouldn't sit with me, especially with the way we've been linked with him for so long. Like Shevchenko, like Torres.

I'd only really believe it was André's idea if he said it himself, openly & confidently. Not like Carlo & Pienaar with him saying "I don't know anything about this" :lol:

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big money, marquee signing. It just wouldn't sit with me, especially with the way we've been linked with him for so long. Like Shevchenko, like Torres.

I'd only really believe it was André's idea if he said it himself, openly & confidently. Not like Carlo & Pienaar with him saying "I don't know anything about this" :lol:

Agreed. The last thing we need is a big-money that puts pressure on the team and coach to make the player fit and work with the team. Personally I'd be delighted with a couple of under-rated players coming in.

It may be the case, but being linked with him before doesn't conclude that this is an Abramovich buy.

Agreed. The last thing we need is a big-money that puts pressure on the team and coach to make the player fit and work with the team. Personally I'd be delighted with a couple of under-rated players coming in.

Course I'd want some under-rated players coming in and growing into stars at Chelsea. But in regards to him putting pressure on the team and finding ways to fit him in, I just don't see it with Pato. With Torres we brought a player who was isn't good form, and was struggling both domestically and internationally. In Pato we'd be buying a young, versatile and consistent player that wouldn't experience the same pressure as Torres. Torres has reached a culmination point of his career and that form is what everybody magically expected him too produce. Sure Pato may have a 35 mill price tag to justify but I just don't see him failing too doing so. His only problem is injuries not ability, when fit, he is a monster.

Torres had averaged a goal in every two league games at a very poor scouser side when we bought him, hardly poor form.

Is that his overall statistics for Liverpool because I'm pretty certain he was in bad form internationally (World Cup) and domestically. Remember when Daglish came in promising to get him scoring again? Most people also talk of how he experienced this bad form at the end of his Liverpool times. He scored 5 EPL goals before he joined us at max, hardly good form.

Is that his overall statistics for Liverpool because I'm pretty certain he was in bad form internationally (World Cup) and domestically. Remember when Daglish came in promising to get him scoring again? Most people also talk of how he experienced this bad form at the end of his Liverpool times.

No, it's not. It's from the start of last season to the point when we bought him. He had 9 goals in 22 PL games, I believe.

No, it's not. It's from the start of last season to the point when we bought him. He had 9 goals in 22 PL games, I believe.

Liverpool:

2007-08 Apps: 46 Goals:33 Assists:4

2008-09 Apps: 38 Goals: 17 Assists: 5

2009-2010 Apps:32 Goals: 22 Assits: 3

2010-2011 Apps: 26 Goals: 9 Assists:2

That's certainly a dip in form, but stats aren't everything - we all know his game play dipped too.

Rather than spending 35m on Pato, we should check out the french ligue, and south amer ican leagues and bring in young talents that can fit into the team on long contracts. Sort of like Liverpool. hate daglish or love him i love his idea in having as many youthful relatively low prices players in abundance especially in the midfield. If we must buy a marquee signing, then it must be Cavani who is a versatile player that can play alone upfront or drop to the wings/supporting role when needed. Complete it with Jovetic and either gotze, kagawa for the midfield. RW, we can go for relatively cheaper options in lennon of totteham, pablo piatti of valencia etc.

Pato wouldn't be like Torres, because it's not about the fee.

I'm sure Torres doesn't give a crap about the fee, it's about the media scrutiny because he left the media's darling Liverpool, Pato wouldn't be subjected to that.

I really want this to happen, but I don't think it will.

I like Pato, but:

1. He loves Milan and has a relationship with Berlusconi's daughter. Why would he leave the club?

2. Even if he would leave, think about the price. Of course we have to spend if we still want to be one of the best clubs in Europe, but Pato would cost ALOT.

3. Pato is a great player, but injury prone.

He's a great player in my opinion, but I think we should go for someone else.

For Sturridge to play striker, we're going to need to move away from 433, Sturridge as good as he is, is crap at playing the lone striker.

I wish people would stop saying this. He got one half vs Blackburn and you already know he's crap as the lone striker? Shut up.

Sturridge is perfect for the winger role rather than striker. He's not good enough in the air to win headers. He doesn't have the ability to hold up play nor does he possess strength. He will be just crowded out in the middle IMO. What he is great at is beating his man and having the pace and acceleration to tear the flank along with the fullback. Not too bad deliveries too, surprise surprise for the Meireles goal.