Pato signs for Corinthians

the wes

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree his injuries are a bit of problem but in terms of ability he's got bags of it. The injuries isn't enough of a deterrent for me, we just need to keep him fit and we have a gem. Maybe our doctors could do something that Milan don't ( I know their renowned for their remarkable fitness) look at Torres - may not be firing goals in but in terms of fitness we really sorted him out. I just hope he overcomes his injury woes because without them he could be a world-beater.

I do agree his injuries are a bit of problem but in terms of ability he's got bags of it. The injuries isn't enough of a deterrent for me, we just need to keep him fit and we have a gem. Maybe our doctors could do something that Milan don't ( I know their renowned for their remarkable fitness) look at Torres - may not be firing goals in but in terms of fitness we really sorted him out. I just hope he overcomes his injury woes because without them he could be a world-beater.

This post is spot on, =D

He's still 22. It's a risk at this moment in time, we need to assess if he can stay fit for a full year.. The 2013 window would be an ideal time.

He's still 22. It's a risk at this moment in time, we need to assess if he can stay fit for a full year.. The 2013 window would be an ideal time.

Thats if another club hasn't snapped him up by then!

We're not in a position to take another risk with an injury/form struck player, for big money!

Very true! :yes:

I just cant believe im reading reports that we may be in for Robinho instead! That sounds stupid to me!

Not everyone has Eva Carneiro :eyebrows:

We're not in a position to take another risk with an injury/form struck player, for big money!

All good points but he's a "gamble" worth taking. By 2013 he could fully fit playing every game. He's always maintained a love for Milan and with his ability clubs like Madrid and Barca will undoubtedly be after him. Right now we still have a chance with our Brazilian contingent, AVB at the head and the Tevez situation. I'm not saying it'd be impossible but it would certainly strenuate the possibility. We took a gamble with Torres and it isn't paying off, but the difference is he was in terrible form. Pato is still 22 and, whenever I watch Milan, puts in a great shift. We're already paying(kind of) for 1 gamble in Torres, that sortve extended with Aguero as it affected our chances of signing him. But, in Pato the risks are different with ones that could reap immense benefits if it pays off.

If anyone thinks Pato is a good replacement for Torres. You are all sadly mistaken.. His injury problems are a massive worry, and we'd pay big money with that huge risk.

Would you rather have a top class player who plays 20 games per season, in which he is (very) good, or have a player which can play each and every game of the season, but who fails to score goals (if you see what I mean) ??

Would you rather have a top class player who plays 20 games per season, in which he is (very) good, or have a player which can play each and every game of the season, but who fails to score goals (if you see what I mean) ??

I know who i would pick...... Crouch! =D oj!

I do, but I have no faith that a signing like Pato would work out for us. Probably because he'd be another Roman signing & not an André one..

I do, but I have no faith that a signing like Pato would work out for us. Probably because he'd be another Roman signing & not an André one..

How so? He fits into AVB's philosophy. Maybe both concur that he'd be a great signing, but I don't see AVB acquiescing to Roman taking control of our signings. After-all he was given the "manager" role unlike all who Roman previously employed (or something like that) and I have no reason to believe that AVB isn't targeting him. With Anelka's departure looking imminent and both Kalou & Drogba in doubt it's a void any competent manager would look to fill.