Gareth Bale

the wes

You mention Drogba. Did Drogba win Chelsea titles? Chelsea's first two titles were won because of a strong collective, Drogba was not even the star man. Drogba was very, very important in 09/10, 14/15 was won with little contribution from the big man.

He scored a lot of cup final goals but to say he won his team triophies is too much credit imo. You have to actually reach finals to win them. Drogba was crucial in the CL win, but was he more important than Cech? Cech who made those incredible saves. Countless amount of saves. The final alone. Bayern created so many chances, but Cech was incredible (poor finishing as well). Cech saved the Robben penalty (he also saved the penalty caused by Drogba against Barca). Cech was the hero of the penalty shoot out. Cech was the man of the tournament for me, slightly ahead of Drogba, but that's just my opinion. Ramires and Lampard were important too, but plain luck was decisive as well.

But I hear you on Ronaldo (he still scores long shots though, not to mention his headers). It's funny because I sound like a Ronaldo fan right now, when that couldn't be the furthest thing from true. But I recognise his greatness. I think the difference between you and I is that I don't believe in one player winning his team titles. Not consistently. There are some single seasons or a single tournament when a player really carries their team, but impossible over an extended period imo. The collective is everything.

I don't remember cech getting a touch on messi's penalty, just that it went off the bar.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember cech getting a touch on messi's penalty, just that it went off the bar.

You're right. I was thinking about a different penalty. Or I'm just very confused right now. Anyway, you are correct.

I hope he sucks today, that gives us a boost in signing him.

If he manages to suck against 34 year old Patrice Evra two games in a row then I am inclined to say we shouldn't sign him... but again I would take him here, just hes not as good as everyone thinks but he'd be an upgrade on the right then Willian can play 10.

Real Madrid fans are stupid, they are again booing to Bale, he is not playing his best game today, but in second half he is only Real Madrid player that is trying something, Ronaldo is again invisible in big match...

His TERRIBLE haircut is sapping his confidence. :lol:

Hopefully he continues to get boo'd and plays like this so they'll sell him. Then we can bring him back to London and watch him dominate again.

Real Madrid fans are stupid, they are again booing to Bale, he is not playing his best game today, but in second half he is only Real Madrid player that is trying something, Ronaldo is again invisible in big match...

James has been running the show.

OMG you guys really want Bale ? he cant even hit the big door behind Bufon.. And real will want for him like 60-70mil and for that amount of money we will get 2 players

You can tell his confidence is shot, he's a shadow of his former self. This time last year he was a madrid hero now he's the villain, sums up their spoilt fans.

Ronaldo was worse.

Weird game btw.

His TERRIBLE haircut is sapping his confidence. :lol:

Hopefully he continues to get boo'd and plays like this so they'll sell him. Then we can bring him back to London and watch him dominate again.

He is going bald on top. His long is hair covering the bald spot.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You