Gareth Bale

the wes

Magnificent player and a huge loss to the Premier League. But nowhere near the prices being touted. I would say £35 million is a realistic evaluation when you think of what Modric and Hazard have recently moved for in £.

But this confirms that La Liga and the Bundesliga are miles ahead of the Premier League. Otherwise we'd be attracting their star players, right? Look how discarded, surplus-to-requirements players like Yaya Toure have made such massive contributions here and compare them to what they did in Spain. Amazing how far behind we are.

Don't worry Ronaldo will be home soon.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnificent player and a huge loss to the Premier League. But nowhere near the prices being touted. I would say £35 million is a realistic evaluation when you think of what Modric and Hazard have recently moved for in £.

But this confirms that La Liga and the Bundesliga are miles ahead of the Premier League. Otherwise we'd be attracting their star players, right? Look how discarded, surplus-to-requirements players like Yaya Toure have made such massive contributions here and compare them to what they did in Spain. Amazing how far behind we are.

Posted this in the general transfer thread, 3 of top 5 scorers of La Liga have moved out of Spain ( Falcao, Negredo, Soldado) plus Higuain. Definitely not MILES ahead! You have to look into it from an angle that a player from a club like Spurs is being approached by Real Madrid. There is no way a player of a club like that will say no to Real Madrid.

Bale moving to Real for crazy money is good for the Premier League, because it shows that if you want one of OUR 'stars' you have to pay insane amounts. And yes he is a Star, The PL ad on times square in New York has a massive blown up picture of Bale, he's on the cover of Fifa, he's the face of BT Sport etc etc.

And play under Moyes?? bahahahaha! he is more likely to play under Jose..

There was a bit of tongue in cheek involved in my comment. However, if you want to be serious - you stand no chance of ever signing him. There is only one team he'd sign for in England, and you know it.

Keep putting Moyes down with no justification, it makes you look extremely unintelligent.

I don't understand how people are judging him yet. He hasn't even had a season in charge.... it's so stupid.

Posted this in the general transfer thread, 3 of top 5 scorers of La Liga have moved out of Spain ( Falcao, Negredo, Soldado) plus Higuain. Definitely not MILES ahead! You have to look into it from an angle that a player from a club like Spurs is being approached by Real Madrid. There is no way a player of a club like that will say no to Real Madrid.

Let's be fair though, Negredo was never City's top transfer target, and would you identify him as one of the top 20 players in the Spanish league? Going by his credentials last year he was excellent indeed, but I'm not exactly convinced by him, in truth. Falcao went for the money and has effectively killed his career. Soldado is a top move though, I'll grant you that.

Let's be fair though, Negredo was never City's top transfer target, and would you identify him as one of the top 20 players in the Spanish league? Going by his credentials last year he was excellent indeed, but I'm not exactly convinced by him, in truth. Falcao went for the money and has effectively killed his career. Soldado is a top move though, I'll grant you that.

Well Negredo missed three great chances last night. Two headers and another chance I think - maybe it was two chances. Either way he flapped playing Bayern at first. He did manage to score one eventually though - however it was against Martinez playing as a CB... which doesn't convince me. He's still got a lot to prove. I will say this though - he's some finisher when playing well.

My point was, it's not that players want to play in the La Liga, it being the best and what not! Every player(atleast 90%) dreams of playing for Real Madrid the club, not necessarily the Spanish league. I hope i am explaining myself properly here. You know it's like a milestone of having played for Real Madrid in their lifetime especially the players who are more inclined in being the most famous celebrities in the world! Similarly for Barcelona, where you get to play with the likes of Messi, Iniesta etc. It's the pull of these clubs rather than the league, hence i don't think La liga is miles better than EPL.

Do you think if a club Like Atletico Madrid would have made a bid for Bale, say 50 or 60 Million(somehow), Bale would have agreed to join them. Considering he would be playing in the CL and will be living in one of the best cities. I don't think he would even think about it but this is Real Madrid we are talking about!

There was a bit of tongue in cheek involved in my comment. However, if you want to be serious - you stand no chance of ever signing him. There is only one team he'd sign for in England, and you know it.

Keep putting Moyes down with no justification, it makes you look extremely unintelligent.

I don't understand how people are judging him yet. He hasn't even had a season in charge.... it's so stupid.

Alot of fans are putting Moyes down because it's a massive step-up for him.

To go from Everton (top 8 PL team, limited budget) to Manchester United (top 3 PL team, large budget, massive pressure) will seriously test his ability.

Also, the fact that he's taking over from a Premier League icon in Sir Alex will just put him even further under the microscope.

I think Moyes can be a successful manager at United as long as he adds some steel to your midfield.

Alot of fans are putting Moyes down because it's a massive step-up for him.

To go from Everton (top 8 PL team, limited budget) to Manchester United (top 3 PL team, large budget, massive pressure) will seriously test his ability.

Also, the fact that he's taking over from a Premier League icon in Sir Alex will just put him even further under the microscope.

I think Moyes can be a successful manager at United as long as he adds some steel to your midfield.

Well that is fairly put. I don't mind that. Apart from line one. Fans don't gain a right to put him down with no evidence of failure, just because it's a step up.

Ahh a typical United fan.

Please don't be fooled into thinking that money wouldn't play a bigger part then history. Didier nearly walked back to Marseille when we signed him. He promised the OM fans he would return every season, but never did. You know why?

I'll give you a hint, you use the stuff to pay off, managers, mortgages, cars, boats, legal fees, school fees, insurance fees, bills etc etc.

No offence, but Money talks. Ronaldo will NEVER play for United again..

Well Bale has always been overhyped from the media since the very start. He had two great games against Inter Milan and he was even on the news about it.

He is a great player no doubt about it, but he hasn't done as much as Ronaldo did by his age. He's also very injury prone, he picks up about 4 injuries per season. Bale has had one good season, I can bet any money next season he wouldn't score all those goals again if he stayed at Spurs.

80 million is way overpriced, however if Real Madrid want him then they will have to meet the agreements, so fair enough.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You