Gareth Bale

the wes

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tottenham should look at that game and realise they need the £85m more than Bale. Their squad is quite pathetic. I could work that one out.

Have a decent squad except their defenders. No idea why they sold Caulker. He's not brilliant but he's solid and they have no depth there.

Every time Bale's not there, their replacements are crap and they just do not win. with £80m they can get 4 £20m worth players. They have good players but very few great ones. Bale is their only great player.

Well Bale has always been overhyped from the media since the very start. He had two great games against Inter Milan and he was even on the news about it.

He is a great player no doubt about it, but he hasn't done as much as Ronaldo did by his age. He's also very injury prone, he picks up about 4 injuries per season. Bale has had one good season, I can bet any money next season he wouldn't score all those goals again if he stayed at Spurs.

80 million is way overpriced, however if Real Madrid want him then they will have to meet the agreements, so fair enough.

Good to see you back dude ;)

As I understand it Real haven't even paid for Modric yet - so those people thinking Spuds can go out and spend money are a little premature :)

I don't mind not seeing Bales ugly mug next season ;)

Bale is fucking class, but you have to feel that Madrid are splashing the cash merely based on the fact that Barcelona have made their marquee signing for the summer. He's an incredible player, but he isn't worth a penny more than £40m in this climate, as far as I'm concerned. He definitely shouldn't be the player to be the most expensive in world football history. At least someone who is genuinely going to be remembered as a legend of the game in CR7 can be argued to be worth £80m. Still, Bale is world-class and I would have him at CFC in a heartbeat. He's the greatest British-born player since Gazza.

Bale is fucking class, but you have to feel that Madrid are splashing the cash merely based on the fact that Barcelona have made their marquee signing for the summer. He's an incredible player, but he isn't worth a penny more than £40m in this climate, as far as I'm concerned. He definitely shouldn't be the player to be the most expensive in world football history. At least someone who is genuinely going to be remembered as a legend of the game in CR7 can be argued to be worth £80m. Still, Bale is world-class and I would have him at CFC in a heartbeat. He's the greatest British-born player since Gazza.

Bit of a bold statement.

Good to see you back dude ;)

As I understand it Real haven't even paid for Modric yet - so those people thinking Spuds can go out and spend money are a little premature :)

I don't mind not seeing Bales ugly mug next season ;)

Thanks, good to see you again Muzchap!

There is a lot more to this in business terms that people don't know about. Could be monthly installments indeed, not just 80 million straight up in cash. However Spurs are stupid if they are taking some form of deal such as that, if they sell bale they need a big cash injection quick.

AVB having a go at Carlo for making their interest in Bale public

Bit of hypocrisy there from inspector gadget

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8836535/tottenham-boss-andre-villas-boas-confirms-interest-in-valencia-striker-roberto-soldado

Bale, a World-Class player ? What did he actually achieved ? What trophies did he won ? The Champions League ? The Premier League ? The sole trophy he has ever won is the mighty League Cup, and it's generous to say that he won it because he played one game in it. This player has had just one very good, nay great (for the debate sack) season in the Premier League — and he didn't even manage to carry his team in the top four (against an eternal average Arsenal and a Chelsea on his knees). Moreover, it isn't his goalscoring ability that sets him as a World-Class player... In the League, he has scored more than ten goals only once. He is not World-Class by any means, and it's a long way until he can be labeled as one ; the first step would be to actually win trophies, and then have more than one great season.

And the greatest British-born player since Gascoigne ? What about Scholes, Lampard, Rooney, Ashley Cole, etc... ?? You know, players that have actually won trophies and that have had an handful of great seasons. For now, he is barely worth to lace their boots.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You