Gareth Bale

the wes

The only thing I like is his shooting accuracy, strength and speed. We have hazard who is better than him but if hazard gets more goal scoring in his belt, he will be miles better than bale

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is - When Bale's career is over, will he be considered better than his native Giggs? Probably not. And this is despite Giggs offering very little when it comes to goals, pace, tackling - all things Bale excelled at this season.

Would Giggs in this market in his prime go for anywhere near what's being reported for Bale? Again, probably not.

This is because goals mask things so well. Loads of players have their 'it' season and I believe this was it for Bale. I don't even think he was that good! The start of the season for him was very inconsistent and he only performs under pressure - which is great in big or meaningful games - but it means he doesn't give his all and perform in the 'smaller' games which is where Spurs dropped so many points last season.

To get the best out of Bale, it seems your team has to pretty much revolve around him. If your team is revolving around him however and he doesn't perform vs. the small teams - how are you going to win titles? Will you bench him in small games? If so, why pay so much money for him?

I think there's a huge question mark over him. There's only one player in the league worth the amount being reported for him. Mikel.

I'd have Bale just to piss of the Spuds :)

He is over rated - but who isn't nowadays?

45 million and job done...

if levy dint sell modric to us for 40 mil, dont think he ll let us have bale for anything under than 70-80mil.

if levy dint sell modric to us for 40 mil, dont think he ll let us have bale for anything under than 70-80mil.

He likes selling his players cheaper to clubs abroad.. Like he did with modric and dont forget tottenham and real have this colab thing going on haha!

He likes selling his players cheaper to clubs abroad.. Like he did with modric and dont forget tottenham and real have this colab thing going on haha!

I think Bale will stay one more year with Spurs and then he will move to Real Madrid...

I will sound crazy as hell, but if I were Florentino Perez, I would sell CR7 and Pepe to buy Suarez, Bale and a RB!

Which is smart. Just ask Wenger & Van Persie lol

• 1 month later...

I heard 80m + modric, which would be an even more amazing deal for spurs, making their already fine midfield scary.

Gareth Bale might be currently the 3rd best player in the world, but who knows? One major injury.... Ronaldo was a success and made up for his 80m fee, but at Bale's age he was a CL winner, EPL topscorer, ballon d'or winner, who had not been injured for 3 years ..Bale is very similar to him but is 2 years later in his development.

Still Real will have an frightning squad. If they had a worldclass striker they would be almost unbeatable, esp with a coach like Ancelotti.

No idea why so many members here cherish this move. AVB will have enough money at his hands to built a crazy squad which does not rely on one single player, Real will be even stronger and the EPL loses its best player...

Surely this should be in the Football Banter thread? I mean, what business does this have in the Matthew Harding Forum, which is General Chelsea discussion?

Thanks for that. Im sure if it is in the wrong place a mod would move it.

80m is ridiculous money.

80m was the amount they spent to buy Ronaldo isnt it?

but Ronaldo seems much more worth it compared to Bale.

Much of Bale's game is based on speed. If I was Levy(I am not a JEW!) but this is a good opportunity to sell.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You