Gareth Bale

the wes

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that worried by Spurs next season. They lucked into uncovering a proper match-winner and it'll be a long time before their fans get to see another player like that at the Lane. They could've built around him but now they're gambling on reinvesting £80 million in new talent. They'll be strong but they're a much weaker team without Bale no matter who they buy in my opinion.

Highly disagree, Messi would definitely be an improvement! :lol:

LOL, you look so ridiculous when it comes to Neymar (and Bale in that particular matter)... :lol2:

It's just a prediction.

Bale literally had 3 months of incredible form and luck where every shot seemed to be flying in the top corner. I find it unlikely that this form will continue.

It's just a prediction.

Bale literally had 3 months of incredible form and luck where every shot seemed to be flying in the top corner. I find it unlikely that this form will continue.

I agree, but it wasnt a neutral sentence, it had a lot of prejudice behind it (and you know it).

I agree, but it wasnt a neutral sentence, it had a lot of prejudice behind it (and you know it).

Of course it did! :lol:

This is a Chelsea forum, being prejudice against players that don't play for us is kind of what we do :P

Lol!! Neymar will be miles better than Mikel though :Goober:

Of course it did! :lol:

This is a Chelsea forum, being prejudice against players that don't play for us is kind of what we do :P

This is different than thinking Mikel or Moses is better than them. It is the same thing as you giving an argument about a player being good or not in your opinion just because they arent Chelsea players. Totally stupid!

Liking a player is different than admiting he is quality...

Lol!! Neymar will be miles better than Mikel though :Goober:

-__________-

Don't talk about Mikel!

:Goober:

This is different than thinking Mikel or Moses is better than them. It is the same thing as you giving an argument about a player being good or not in your opinion just because they arent Chelsea players. Tottaly stupid!

Liking a player is different than admiting he is quality...

I think they both have quality, but I genuinely believe that neither will produce as much as people expect of them, for various reasons.

-__________-

Don't talk about Mikel!

:Goober:

LOOOL, Mikel is shit!

I think they both have quality, but I genuinely believe that neither will produce as much as people expect of them, for various reasons.

That depends on what exactly the expectations for both of them are...

There are some crazy dudes that believe Neymar will be better than Messi. All I do is laugh. However, I honestly believe he will have the same impact as Xavi and Iniesta in helping Messi continue to be what he is. So, if your expectations are those driven by the ridiculous sports media, than Neymar will be a flop. But if you have a critical sense and analyse his talent and potential, you will realize he will go very far!

The same applies to Bale, but in a smaller scale (as he is older and I believe he has a much less range of skills). There are people (inclusive journalists) who think he is already the third best footballer in the world (without him playing in the UCL) and he will become even better. But than again, if you have your feet on the ground, you will understand his limitations and at the same time, acknowledge Bale is an excellent footballer.

EDIT: Not to derail this thread anymore, I think 80mi for him is ludicrous. And it becomes even more foolish when you already have CR7 as your primarily left-winger! :doh:

His signing on fee would be like 8.5m so this will go to 90-odd million. It's sick but it is happening. Best thing that could happen to yids in truth because he is nowhere near £90m. Tottenham's problems in the last 2 or 3 years have been their lack of depth. With Soldado and another £70m ish, they'll get together a very good team, much more useful than Gareth Bale.

His signing on fee would be like 8.5m so this will go to 90-odd million. It's sick but it is happening. Best thing that could happen to yids in truth because he is nowhere near £90m. Tottenham's problems in the last 2 or 3 years have been their lack of depth. With Soldado and another £70m ish, they'll get together a very good team, much more useful than Gareth Bale.

I pretty much agree with what you're saying, but I think we are both underestimating Bale's importance to Spuds in his role as a match winner. Last season, he saved their bacon with his performances countless times. Additionally, I think they'll struggle to lure true top talent with their wage structure and reputation. However, I would love to see other teams put the screws to Levy and Co. in transfer negotiations because they know they are flush with cash.

Bottom line though, Bale ain't worth the quoted price and the shit from the lane are probably better off selling him for this ridiculous price.

Who are Tottenham going to buy? They are Tottenham, they don't exactly attract the Hazards and Gotzes of the world. And so far AVB hasn't really lived up to the hype of having an eye for talent, he has just been signing players everyone knows about.

Magnificent player and a huge loss to the Premier League. But nowhere near the prices being touted. I would say £35 million is a realistic evaluation when you think of what Modric and Hazard have recently moved for in £.

But this confirms that La Liga and the Bundesliga are miles ahead of the Premier League. Otherwise we'd be attracting their star players, right? Look how discarded, surplus-to-requirements players like Yaya Toure have made such massive contributions here and compare them to what they did in Spain. Amazing how far behind we are.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You