riks12

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Chelsea have been alerted to a softened stance from Bayern Munich regarding French ace Franck Ribery. The Frenchman has been a long-term target for the West London side but so far Bayern Munich have refused to sell.

However with Bayern poised to secure former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben, the goalposts have shifted significantly. Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is now prepared to let the unsettled attacker leave; but only when they have secured the £19 million signing of the Dutch winger.

The Bavarian club are believed to be demanding a fee in the region of £45 million for Ribery although Chelsea believe they can negotiate a lower fee.

The Blues are expecting this one to run possibly right up until the transfer deadline. Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has been in constant dialogue with the Bavarian club all summer and has found Bayern to be tough negotiators.

Chelsea have been trying all summer to sign a stellar name. Big money bids for the Andrea Pirlo, Alexandre Pato and Kun Aguero have all proved unsuccessful. Chelsea see a superstar signing as the missing piece in Roman Abramavich's vision for the club.

Chairman Ambramovich is determined as ever to win the Champions League after narrowly missing out in recent seasons. The Russian craves for Chelsea to be seen as a glamorous club with an attractive style.

Ambramovich went to great lengths to secure two time European champion Carlo Ancelotti who conquered Europe in style. Ribery comes highly recommened by Ancelotti who has earmarked the player for the tip of his diamond formation.

Ribery would wear the no.7 shirt for Chelsea with the expected departure of Ukrainian flop Andrey Schevchenko before deadline day.

Source: www.givemefootball.com

Edited by Adam.k

^^Source??

So wait, Robben to Bayern?

Ribery to Chelsea?

Sheva to Bin?

Seems okay to me if we can get a good amount of rotation or amethod of using Essien, J. Cole, Deco, Ballack, Lampard, Mikel, Malouda, Zhirkov.......

<_<

Edited by ZanSnake

None of that shit is going to happen. God I used to get so into reading all the transfer stuff but these past two summers (and I assume before that too when I didn't follow it) have been full of so much bullshit. Hasn't Ribery already played in the Champions League??? Cup tied players aren't going to solve our Champions League issues.

From the official Chelsea website:

Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed he expects Andriy Shevchenko to be leaving the club before the end of the transfer window.

The Italian was speaking after discussions with the Ukraine international, from which it appears the 32-year-old will be departing Stamford Bridge.

'We don't have news of players that will come into Chelsea, only that Shevchenko will decide to return to go to play in another team,' the manager said.

'I spoke with Shevchenko, and he would like to play with continuity. Here for me it is difficult to give him this possibility to play a lot of matches and I think he will take the right decision for him.

'He will take his decision, it is not our problem, and he will choose the team that is right for him.'

The manager also confirmed it was nothing to do with speculation suggesting Shevchenko had been left out of the Champions League squad.

'I spoke with him and he takes this decision. I have time to choose the squad in the Champions League, the only thing is Shevchenko didn't have the possibility to play with continuity, he took the decision only for this,' Ancelotti said.

The manager has also discounted media stories that Chelsea have made a £57 million bid for Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery. 'It is not true,' he said.

1017: Big club alert, big club alert: these words have just been printed in French newspaper L'Equipe, emanating from the mouth of Bayern Munich flier Franck Ribery:"It's the first time that I haven't really felt close to a coach.There's not much feeling between us at all," he said about boss Louisvan Gaal. Anyone got a spare £57m?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You