riks12

I read somewhere that Barca are now after Zhirkov aswell. I hope we dont end up getting none of these players, Id like to see Ashley Young and Zhirkov if Ribery is definatly not for sale. It would be epic if we got those two and either Aguero, Villa or Pato as a striker. Probably unlikley though. I still cant put my trust in Malouda's new form...I cant see it lasting, and he doesnt really ever take players on down the wing anyway. Just my opinion (probably a wrong one)

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has ruled out any move to England because he does not like the country's climate.

The explosive midfielder is currently the subject of much interest from English and Spanish teams, and could leave the Allianz Arena this summer.

Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United and Barcelona are all gearing up for a summer battle for the 26-year-old, who has hinted that he could be on the move.

Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly after the French winger as he sees him as the ideal replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, should the Portuguese star leave the club for Madrid.

The Spanish giants themselves are attempting to start up another galactico era, with president Florentino Perez reportedly chasing Kaka, Ronaldo and Ribery.

Primera Division and European champions Barcelona are also understood to be after the France international, as they are looking to strengthen their squad with a view to retaining both their newly-acquired championships next season.

Ribery himself has said that he is happy at Bayern, but admits he does not know what will happen over the summer.

Speaking to Telefoot, Ribery said, "Honestly, I do not know, but it is a question I am asking myself frequently at this time.

"I will see how the situation evolves. It is not easy. I am happy at Bayern."

"[i won't move to England] because they have the same weather as in Germany."

Ribery has been with Bayern since 2007, and has made 53 Bundesliga appearances for the club, scoring 20 goals.

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/06/...ts-england-move

Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery has ruled out a potential move to England because he does not like the climate.

The 26-year-old France international has been strongly linked with a move away from the Allianz Arena this summer, with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Chelsea all said to be interested.

And, with Madrid president Florentino Perez having revealed he plans to make contact with Bayern in the near future, Ribery has now hinted that he will make a straight choice between the Bernabeu and Camp Nou if he does move on.

Asked which club he would like to join if he leaves Bayern, Ribery told Telefoot: “Honestly, I do not know, but it is a question I am asking myself frequently at this time.

“I will see how the situation evolves. It is not easy. I am happy at Bayern.”

He added: "[i won't move to England] because they have the same weather as in Germany.”

germany is hardley a 24/7 heat wave :rolleyes:

Well he said England has the same climate as Germany, so yeah, he sees that. Not that that's strictly true, I think Germany tends to be hotter in the summer and colder in the winter.

ive seen this happen here in the states in american football. cant handle a little rain to get paid millions. this is an obvious sign that ribery's priorities are terrible and if he cares more about weather than the game itself, then fuck him, have fun in la liga or wherever.

Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness has suggested that they would be willing to accept a ‘crazy’ offer for Franck Ribery.

The 26-year-old France star has been persistently linked with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester United in recent months, but Bayern have repeatedly insisted that he is not for sale.

However, although Madrid president Florentino Perez recently said he would no longer pursue the player as Bayern did not want to sell, Hoeness has now hinted that a move may be possible.

“We have said that we will only negotiate under certain conditions,” he told Tz.

“Namely, when another club does something crazy.”

Ribery recently revealed he is not interested in a move to England because of the weather.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You