Crystal Palace 1-3 Chelsea

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Petr still loves the club, probably hates the owners, but who doesn’t at this point!

Always a blue.

Have a feeling Cesc might be as well., even though he loves Arsenal a lot.

Curious if he'll join Chelsea before Arsenal as a manager, if ever.

5 hours ago, Strike said:

0.00 xG in the first half. Very unconvincing win after Villa Park in the week

Onto City and Liverpool

not that change much, but this 0.00 xG tweet is bullshit, we had one shot in first half (valued... 0.09 but still). It'a annoying how easily misinformation spreads, now everyone is repeating this 0.00 xG.

12 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

not that change much, but this 0.00 xG tweet is bullshit, we had one shot in first half (valued... 0.09 but still). It'a annoying how easily misinformation spreads, now everyone is repeating this 0.00 xG.

I think the tweet is right. It is worded as the first 45 mins 

The one shot came in stoppage time in first half 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

I think the tweet is right. It is worded as the first 45 mins 

The one shot came in stoppage time in first half 

ok tweet is right, but now everyone is replaying it as '0.00 in first half' which is not true 😄 

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Petrovic

Gusto Disasi Colwill Chilwell

------- Caicedo Enzo

Palmer Connor Jackson

-------Nkunku 

Should be the team in the cup final. Half of them pick themselves due to injuries 

My only worry when Palmer plays on the right against high pressing teams is that it leaves us vulnerable on the right hand side. Palmer when attacking is brilliant to watch, however when defending he is not the fastest. I remember in the Luton game, Doughty and Chong kept overloading the left hand side in the second half and we struggled. Now with Liverpool with Diaz and Robertson, I do worry the times when we are defending, that we are going to struggle to contain them two if Palmer is on the right. I am pretty sure that will be the team, but may be worth Gallagher shifting over to right in defence to help out our defence contain their attacking threat on the left.

Big three points but fuck me sideways that first half was fucking shocking, and I mean as bad as I have ever seen a team for a long time in the PL.

The three points will mask it but it leaves a really sour taste as it was back to old ways. I said watching the game after 20 minutes to my lad that we were happy to ghost through the half thinking we were in complete control, five minutes later I said Palace would score because you could see it coming with players going through the motions, low and behold they score what is claimed as a worldie, yet the keeper has an absolute stinker, just listen to Cech during the HT interval. I tried to tell my lad Petrovic should get that, he wasn't having it, Cech knows, it's about angles etc but I bet if you asked him he will know he dropped a clanger here and should save that.

It's three points but another really shite performance. We will get arse raped Saturday so best forget that one

Are you feeling Chelsea fans’ love? Pochettino: “I need to be honest with you — no, because I understand they were winning the Champions League, they won cups, the Premier League”. “Why are the fans going to love me after six, seven months?”, told Sky Sports.

10 hours ago, LAM09 said:

If we aren't building towards anything in terms of style or momentum, what's he still doing here?

Might be cheaper to 'part ways' at the end of the season?    And also, who's going to come in right now to solve the issues at the club?     Lampard part 3?   JT Interim?  

2 hours ago, Stats said:

Now with Liverpool with Diaz and Robertson, I do worry the times when we are defending, that we are going to struggle to contain them two if Palmer is on the right. I am pretty sure that will be the team, but may be worth Gallagher shifting over to right in defence to help out our defence contain their attacking threat on the left.

Liverpool will give us a beating on both flanks, it's not just Palmer.     A fit Salah will give Chilwell and whoever plays left flank plenty to think about. 

Liverpool is probably the worst side for us to face as they have players who take those 50/50 chances.  Salah/Jota/Diaz/Nunez runs around like a madman/Gapko/that Leipzig midfielder they got. 

Agree with many other comments, the win papers over the many great problems that we have. If we try to play possession football against City we will get mullered !! Let’s try and get at them, like we did at Villa and if we go down, let’s go down fighting and shooting, instead of our usual “ pass round in circles” style of play. In the first half Cole, our best player, but a make-do centre forward,had 2 touches in their penalty area and 10+ touches around the half way line — no wonder we struggle to score. Our midfield always take the easy option of passing backwards/sideways!!  Let’s give it a go on Saturday and at least if we lose, let’s lose going forward 

21 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Liverpool will give us a beating on both flanks, it's not just Palmer.     A fit Salah will give Chilwell and whoever plays left flank plenty to think about. 

Liverpool is probably the worst side for us to face as they have players who take those 50/50 chances.  Salah/Jota/Diaz/Nunez runs around like a madman/Gapko/that Leipzig midfielder they got. 

Szboszlai is injured, Salah is yet to make his return from injury and TAA is also carrying a knock. Means nothing when their backup young RB scored a goal and got two assists in the recent game but if Poch gets his selection right, this is a game that can be won. No Thiago Silva, no Sterling or Mudryk.

34 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

As the poster said above, Liverpool have fitness issues on the right. Yes, of course a fit Salah will give Chilwell or whoever is LB issues, however on their LB, is where I see us being exposed increasingly if we don't give Gusto protection. Robertson and Diaz combining will be difficult for Palmer to deal with defensively which is why I am saying on that side we need a lot more protection because he can be outrun defensively. TAA doesn't necessarily charge forward, whereas Robertson does. Trent will keep coming inside playing the inverted role assuming he plays.

11 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Well, 8th position is still the target. Still on course.

When did this become a thing? I thought the new CL set up meant fifth place was the intentional target.

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Might be cheaper to 'part ways' at the end of the season?    And also, who's going to come in right now to solve the issues at the club?     Lampard part 3?   JT Interim?  

I'm sure the exit fee will be the same regardless of when it happens. If we're being sensible and not stupid (reappointing Mou or Conte), an interim manager wouldn't be the worst thing considering how it's worked out in the past.

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

When did this become a thing? I thought the new CL set up meant fifth place was the intentional target.

I'm sure the exit fee will be the same regardless of when it happens. If we're being sensible and not stupid (reappointing Mou or Conte), an interim manager wouldn't be the worst thing considering how it's worked out in the past.

Don’t see us closing a 12 point gap to 5th 

Others may drop points but no chance we are that consistent that we pick up 10 wins from here 

13 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Sorry, I should have clarified.

8th is the upper target I set for Chelsea this season, following the performances in the first 10 games.

It's not anything official obviously, or from any reputed pundit. Just an opinion.

The club is midtable at the moment, so 8th is a reasonable upper target.

The club can occasionally produce fantastic performances, but is never far from equally embarrassing results.

Hopefully next season will build upon this., and the club can really target the European spots.