Crystal Palace 1-3 Chelsea

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

That's why it was important to win this match -- spec with Palace missing a few players.

I feel that City will find a way to beat us.

It won't mean much if we get torn apart against City, though. We actually need to build on something if our board has any faith in the man they appointed as the long-term answer.

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

That's why it was important to win this match -- spec with Palace missing a few players.

I feel that City will find a way to beat us.

Yeahhhh most likely. Long as not as one sided as Liverpool was be nice. Though tbf we did draw 4-4 last time so odd things happen

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

Nah he was shit up front too. At his level runs aren't enough--one good pass into the box towards the end of the game. Lots of running no end product an average player makes.

btw, the undercooked pass that led to the goal was hardly his first during this match.

I love how he shut us all up but love it. Rose to the challenge 😄 

Anyway, to the game itself, 

I called for Gallagher to come off  but fair enough he made me eat my words. We got really lucky though. That game could of swung anyway and before Gallagher got the winning goal, I thought Palace were just on top. Gusto was magnificent once again. He was our best player even though Gallagher will get MOTM for the 2 goals. Shame about his injury and hopefully nothing serious because he looks to get better and better every game. Tries a bit too many tricks but I really like him.

Not convincing at all but at least it brings us into the top half 😄 because I am sure after next weekend we will be back in the bottom half.

Palmer with another key contribution. 2 good assists. Honestly though Poch, need to work on the balance and progressive play. We had our first shot after 43mins. That is not good enough. Imagine if they had Eze and Olise playing....

Thought Caicedo was a lot better second half too. 

Although the win shows 3-1, I don't think anyone is surprised how difficult we made it for ourselves 😄 

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

I called for Gallagher to come off  but fair enough he made me eat my words. We got really lucky though. That game could of swung anyway and before Gallagher got the winning goal, I thought Palace were just on top. Gusto was magnificent once again. He was our best player even though Gallagher will get MOTM for the 2 goals. Shame about his injury and hopefully nothing serious because he looks to get better and better every game. Tries a bit too many tricks but I really like him.

Not convincing at all but at least it brings us into the top half 😄 because I am sure after next weekend we will be back in the bottom half.

Palmer with another key contribution. 2 good assists. Honestly though Poch, need to work on the balance and progressive play. We had our first shot after 43mins. That is not good enough. Imagine if they had Eze and Olise playing....

Although the win shows 3-1, I don't think anyone is surprised how difficult we made it for ourselves 😄 

Nahhh not surprised at how we made it..just surprised we managed to do what no team has done for 20 years with the passes and no shots thing 🤣 oh well got there in the end

50 minutes ago, Stats said:

What are you talking about tho? I was referring to Madueke not Conor.

I would never take a goal scorer out of a match (confidence high etc).
Besides, I thought he was one of the better players in the first half.

Edited by robsblubot

48 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It won't mean much if we get torn apart against City, though. We actually need to build on something if our board has any faith in the man they appointed as the long-term answer.

We deserve to get torn apart tho. That's the difference between the clubs right now.

11 players play + about 6 players who also play a big part in a long season.

The "man" is a fan fad IMO.

Yes, a manager can make a difference esp when all things are equal, but you put Pep in charge of Palace and they will remain the shit side they are. It might actually get worse as he will try to implement a system the players aren't capable of executing. I've seen Pep-like managers fail that way because they don't have the players who work in their system.

34 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

We deserve to get torn apart tho. That's the difference between the clubs right now.

11 players play + about 6 players who also play a big part in a long season.

The "man" is a fan fad IMO.

Yes, a manager can make a difference esp when all things are equal, but you put Pep in charge of Palace and they will remain the shit side they are. It might actually get worse as he will try to implement a system the players aren't capable of executing. I've seen Pep-like managers fail that way because they don't have the players who work in their system.

Exactly! 11 players play against another 11 players. A prime example of that was the game at the Bridge, where we were arguably unlucky not to come away with all three points.

If we aren't building towards anything in terms of style or momentum, what's he still doing here?

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

What are you talking about tho? I was referring to Madueke not Conor.

I would never take a goal scorer out of a match (confidence high etc).
Besides, I thought he was one of the better players in the first half.

I thought u were referring to Conor sorry. I wanted Conor off for the resumption of second half but he came up with goods. It is funny how he is done the same thing against Palace two seasons running now. Needs to target to score against more PL teams other than the one he really wants to prove a point against. That will be great.

35 minutes ago, Stats said:

I thought u were referring to Conor sorry. I wanted Conor off for the resumption of second half but he came up with goods. It is funny how he is done the same thing against Palace two seasons running now. Needs to target to score against more PL teams other than the one he really wants to prove a point against. That will be great.

np just did not understand the ref. 👍
Yeah whether we can improve on Conor in the future, tbh we prob could and should, that would still enable him to be perhaps a valuable rotation player. Conor is hardly the problem right now... so many holes in the roster and starting XI.

Edited by robsblubot

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

The fact we're 24 games into the season and just reclaiming a place in the top half of the table. How expectations have fallen.

Well, 8th position is still the target. Still on course.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

do NOT sell Conor

let me have my London born (Epsom is close enough) star

the lad ran 13 kilometres tonight, ridiculous effort

His goal glut in the last two matches would have confused Clownlake's stat machines.

Very likely will have 2nd thoughts about selling him now.