Carlos Tevez joins Juventus

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant score goals anyway. we have lampard who creates the play we don't need a striker doing that, it's just one less goalscorer in the starting 11.
:rolleyes: a goalscorer isnt everything. there's been plenty of times when anelka has been stranded or outnumbered. we could have easily done with the support that tevez provides for the centre forwards.

having 2 goalscorers up front wins trophy's, which is why the best manager of all time never played tevez.

if you had two anelkas up front, who would provide chances? as we all saw last season under scolari, we kept trying break down teams who parked the bus in front of goal with short passes but a lot of the time, anelka was stranded with no support. tevez would have provided plenty of that with his stamina and reading of the game.

and even if he is one of the best managers in the game, it doesnt mean that he doesn't have his faults.

well that was under scolari...

we were winning games and creating chances under hiddink.

another great example is andy cole & dwight york and of course with those two natural goalscorers up front Ferguson won the treble.

Edited by Terminator X

• 1 year later...

The summer is nearer and nearer, time to reopen some old stuff right? :D

Mancini admits Tevez could leave, with Chelsea hovering with £40m

footylatest.com

t is being reported this morning that the Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is preparing a £40m bid for the Man City captain Carlos Tevez, and Roberto Mancini admitted that it could be hard to keep the Argentinian at the Eastlands if he is looking to move on.

Ancelotti wants to pair Tevez with Fernando Torres in the new generation of Chelsea strikers next season, and Mancini agreed that there is little point keeping the prolific striker against his will.

“I will fight for every player who wants to stay here, whether it is Carlos or another player,” Mancini said.

“But I think it is difficult in 2011 to keep one player who does not want to stay at the club. Carlos has a contract but I don’t know what is going to happen to him.”

That seems quite clear then that Tevez will get his wish of getting away from Man City, but would Mancini allow him to move to another Premier League club?

A year ago, yes. But now, I'm not so sure, especially with such a sum of money and his mentality.

40 millions is too much for a player that will leave team in 2 years... hed fit in percetd, as he can play anywhere in the front 3.. but he is a cunt :D

No way. We can do so much better. Don't like the way he acts against us either, remember the CL final? Last season at Stamford Bridge? Hate his guts. Don't want this tosser at Chelsea.

No way. We can do so much better. Don't like the way he acts against us either, remember the CL final? Last season at Stamford Bridge? Hate his guts. Don't want this tosser at Chelsea

He's an amazing player though, you can't doubt that! A natural goal scorer and finisher too, but I think his time in England is done.

He says he's homesick anyway, so I think he's going back to Argentina.