Chelsea 3-0 Luton Town

James

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Must win.

I mean lets be honest, anything but a win here and it would be an absolute travesty. I mean these are everyone’s nailed on first choice team to get relegated.

Bet they win 1-0 after claiming this but honestly if a £1 billion squad cannot get 3 points here we might as well give up - forget project 2030, we wont be any use by then either 😂

No wins in 3 when 2 of the games have been against West Ham and Luton would be an incredibly disappointing start. I mean granted there has been encouraging moments but encouraging moments need to turn into good performances and ultimately points.

absolutely a must win

losing to them would be a disaster

their entire team is valued at only £63m

they have no player valued at even £8m

639f910403cb7e137c36bcd6fe9dc1fa.png1d2e1a76e24cb2814e55e37c624b7255.png

it would be one of the biggest miracles in the past 30 or 40 years if that exact squad at present stays up

surely they add some quality (or maybe not, maybe they will just hoard the promotion money and try to become a permanent decent Championship side)

58 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it would be one of the biggest miracles in the past 30 or 40 years if that exact squad at present stays up

surely they add some quality (or maybe not, maybe they will just hoard the promotion money and try to become a permanent decent Championship side)

You can tell by their transfer activity they are here to collect the TV money and get relegated with the same team.  

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Wonder what this is about? 

No images of him at all yet since the unveiling and no update from the club or the journalists who usually leak injuries ahead of time,

Please don’t tell me we bought an injured player…

22 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Apparently he didnt really have a proper preseason. 

Neither did Caicedo. 

Think Caicedo only had 15 minutes  of preseason whereas Lavia had no preseason and no minutes for Saints the 2 matches they've played in the Championship. 

22 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Apparently he didnt really have a proper preseason. 

Yeah, both he and Caicedo essentially skipped their entire preseasons in order to force their transfers. That’s why I wasn’t bothered or worried about the former’s horror debut even a little bit. 

It’s going to take several weeks for us to start seeing the best of both our new midfielders. People need to be patient.

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Neither did Caicedo. 

Think Caicedo only had 15 minutes  of preseason whereas Lavia had no preseason and no minutes for Saints the 2 matches they've played in the Championship. 

Yeah and u could see how Caicedos debut went. Didnt look match ready at all and everyone is mocking him already. No point in rushing these young lads into the team.  

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

absolutely a must win

losing to them would be a disaster

their entire team is valued at only £63m

they have no player valued at even £8m

639f910403cb7e137c36bcd6fe9dc1fa.png1d2e1a76e24cb2814e55e37c624b7255.png

Not even that.

Look at how much the pressure began to mount on TT after 3 or 4 bad results. The scrutiny will get up with Poch if we don’t start getting points on the board.

Even Potter and Lampard seen a build up of scrutiny not getting points on the board.

For a club wanting to change our ways from the Roman Abramovich model - we’ve very much seen the same as before. Likes of 3, 4 or 5 iffy results turns into a crisis. Throw in spending £1bn since Todd came in, arguably could be even more scrutiny from outside (media, pundits, other managers, fans etc).

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 hours ago, Mário César said:

Why our gr is bad? He didnt have achance in our 4 conceeded goals

Is he bad? No. But Sanchez is decent squad player, fit for putting pressure on Kepa who is not quite up to the task himself. He was misplaced from #1 spot in much worse team. Perhaps a gk who will save what is to be saved and concede what is not. But truly impactful keeper will save the unsaveable and that's what makes a difference in top team. Cech, Alisson, DDG or Mendy at their time were impactful players. Remember the boost that entire team got when Mendy went full human concrete wall mode?

Jury is still out on him for me still, for now a weird buy and weird class of player to settle on, but he always can suddenly thrive and that's what I wish him to happen.

41 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Likes of 3, 4 or 5 iffy results turns into a crisis. Throw in spending £1bn since Todd came in, arguably could be even more scrutiny from outside (media, pundits, other managers, fans etc).

I think the line is crossed long ago anyway; The scrutiny, pressure and half-rightful laugh is out on us since the downfall. Losing the must-win game will make things worse ofc, but winning it will probably go unnoticed. I don't think another blunder will lead to questioning Poch just yet, but getting some confidence is something everyone could use I guess.

In Roman times we were elite team with elite players. Now we have an elite reputation, but if you'd take our lineup and call it "Clearlake FC", you wouldn't necessarily expect it to blast through opposition and see a crisis in streak of 5 bad games tbh.

Edited by Vegetable

51 minutes ago, Vesper said:

anyone mocking Caicedo already is a fucking fool who literally knows fuckall about football

Ofc, but u know that these generation of players follows social media and ofc its affecting them, especially when your the record transfer and very young. 

People were surprised he isnt in t he starting lineup, I wish he hadnt played at all.

Edited by Gundalf