Chelsea 1-1 Newcastle

7 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Poch requires his number to 10 to be invovled in the buildup, Nkunku is better making runs off the ball imo. 

He is more of a scorer, final 3rd player. Would not expect a lot of buildup from him.

1 minute ago, DH1988 said:

Sloppy, Cucu rinsed so many times.

he is shit, he is deffo a major weak link (all teams know this) and will cost us so much if he plays a lot

I TRULY detest his play

I am sure he is a great bloke, but he sucks at EPL level football

Considering Newcastle and where they are, very pleased with how we’ve shaped up. Negatives are Enzo is a touch rough, Cucu being Cucu and our pressing is lacking more so than other games.

Enzo has been good on the ball as you’d expect but clearly isn’t up to pace defensively yet. A couple of times Newcastle players just ran past him quite easily. Embarrassing defending from Cucu aside, that’s the sort of move that should’ve been cut out in midfield before it even reached him. Caicedo or a proper DM would’ve dealt with that easily.

Anyways, lots of positives there. But what I would really like to start seeing is more composed, deliberate build up in possession. We look great in the counter but not so much at building. Both Brighton and Newcastle in each first half have used the ball better than we have. Lots of passing moves and combinations.

Hope we can put it down to a bunch of new players, new manager, and new system. But we need some serious training hours to get better in possession.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Enzo has been good on the ball as you’d expect but clearly isn’t up to pace defensively yet. A couple of times Newcastle players just ran past him quite easily. Embarrassing defending from Cucu aside, that’s the sort of move that should’ve been cut out in midfield before it even reached him. Caicedo or a proper DM would’ve dealt with that easily.

Exactly how I see our conceded goal.

I’ve been one of the few (maybe the only?) one here advocating for Cucu to stay one more season to see if he can turn his fortunes around. But damn does he make a lot of David Luiz like errors. 

Now that we’ve seen Maatsen firsthand maybe we should cut our losses and sell. If we can find a buyer, this is.

He AND Kepa who is also prone to brain farts in defense is a recipe for disaster. 

Very impressed. Would of like to seen a bit more from Nkunku. Jackson so impressive and explosive. Gordon has looked their biggest threat so far. He has looked good. But happy with what I have seen so far.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Now that we’ve seen Maatsen firsthand maybe we should cut our losses and sell. If we can find a buyer, this is.

We did not see Maatsen defensively. He is winger for Poch. First left now right.

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Very impressed. Would of like to seen a bit more from Nkunku. Jackson so impressive and explosive. Gordon has looked their biggest threat so far. He has looked good. But happy with what I have seen so far.

We made Gordon look good, shouldn't be letting him have so much space