Chelsea 1-1 Newcastle

So many changes for both sides has made the game very choppy and poor. Not sure either will learn much from this. This is just a good fitness session now.

Just now, Superblue said:

Don't think it was Enzo's best game, but since he's come off you can see the stark difference in control and composure in our midfield. 

We need to get Caicedo and pair him with Enzo as soon as possible.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

We need to get Caicedo and pair him with Enzo as soon as possible.

Yep. Playing Enzo as the 'defensive' option in midfield isn't ideal for either Chelsea or him. 

I do like Santos. He's got an engine on him, puts his foot in and keeps things simple but he is still raw in patches. I think it'll be the right decision to keep him here this season as I think he'll get a reasonable amount of game time through the season. 

We haven't really seen the two play together yet as a pair and if this Caicedo deal drags on, I think Poch needs to give them some gametime together this pre season as based on the current players we have, I think that's the best midfield pairing currently.

We do really need to try and push to get this Caicedo deal wrapped up though. He would make a huge difference next to Enzo for our midfield next season if we can secure him.