Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

So, time for a downgrade again? Fuck me if the club will hire "exciting" manager after a miraculous campaign of bringing whatever fc from 4th to 3rd Croatian division as this is what I see a more realistic direction, than appointing an actual elite manager unfortunately.

BTW, it's not surprising yet still surprising. Doubt Poch was axed due to lack of performance, given all the bs talk from owners. So did he bail out due to no hope of scrapping "the vision" and getting some experienced players, meaning suffering continues or played the money card too hard?

so with Amorin and Hansi ruled out

here is a re-post

a big list of options (and some I am not ok with, many are no chance atm)

1. keep Poch

then (in no order)

Zinedine Zidane (pipe dream, never will happen)

Carlo Ancelotti (pipe dream)

Nagelsmann (will not come atm)

Xabi Alonso (will not come here atm)

Lionel Scaloni (he will not leave the Argies atm)

Zlatko Dalić (will not come here atm)

Diego Simeone (hard AF pull)

Simone Inzaghi (hard AF pull)

Xavi (will not come here atm)

Didier Deschamps (will not come here atm)

Joachim Löw (hard AF pull)

Thiago Motta

Sérgio Conceição

Kasper Hjulmand

Abel Ferreira

Edin Terzic

Unai Emery

Tuchel

Luis Enrique

Massimiliano Allegri

Sebastian Hoeneß

Roger Schmidt

Peter Bosz

Roberto De Zerbi

Gian Piero Gasperini

Michel

Stefano Pioli

Marco Rose

Éric Roy

Franck Haise

Adi Hütter

I hate our board. Poch's sacking in itself isn't a massive thing, as we underperformed for large parts of the season, but it is the supposed reasoning behind his sacking. The board wants a yes-man, which is the last thing we need as a club.

We might as well say goodbye to a few more Cobham graduates in the process. 

4 minutes ago, whats happening said:

after 3 sacked managers, right

Cesc has never been a full on manager (caretaker for 5 games with Como in Serie B)

1cbb3ada72251232d9f55bb8ac199ccb.png

he is an assistant at Como (granted Como just got promoted to Serie A)

I just have this feeling Nagelsmann is the man they're after, but we'd have to wait a while due to the Euros.

If I were fortunate enough to have a say, I'd be giving Motta a hard look. The job he's done at Bologna is nothing short of remarkable (highest league finish in 60+ years, IIRC), and he has the pedigree. I just don't see him as the type of person to shut his mouth when things around him aren't in his control.

Just now, LAM09 said:

I just have this feeling Nagelsmann is the man they're after, but we'd have to wait a while due to the Euros.

If I were fortunate enough to have a say, I'd be giving Motta a hard look. The job he's done at Bologna is nothing short of remarkable (highest league finish in 60+ years, IIRC), and he has the pedigree. I just don't see him as the type of person to shut his mouth when things around him aren't in his control.

Motta is basically at Juve already. 

1 minute ago, Gundalf said:

Motta is basically at Juve already. 

Sadly, it seems like everything is pointing to that. My hope is that they'll be more interested in De Zerbi before the clowns running this club get any ideas.

Personally wont be surprised at all if they're genuinely after McKenna or whoever. They clearly take pride in doing things that others think is mad, so...