The Next Manager?

If Frank is appointed, should we expect him wanting to bring some of his faves to our club? I have seen some shit in the past 20 years but not sure if I’m ready for a title fight lead by Wissa and Mbuemo.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Well, it's not really about Maresca as such. We are once again forced to make a downgrade from previous manager, this time from Poch, whose presence here would be unthinkable few years ago btw and him jumping off ship is solid indicator of how much of hot mess the club is inside, so that's not an optimistic view. While appointing him, club pretty much insulted Nagelsmann and co with their PR communication, successfully deterring big names from interest in this position now. And owners pretty much made fools of the club, by claiming it's "1000% proven, sure-fire forever manager", who suffered badly and is gone after one season. Same with Potter – he'd be gone a lot sooner if only owner's would not put their good name and dignity on this gamble and stand with him till the end only not to admit, that this choice didn't work out and their vision was a mistake, much to fans outrage.

Generally, talking shit is important in sports, but there are some occasions where it's better to refrain from talking shit and manager's appointment is one of them.

And about Maresca or whoever else, in my opinion it's having Potter written all over it again. Owners are "excited" on some wishful-thinking, high-risk idea, will back it up until their dead body, the manager will probably suffer badly, here we go again, another year, the same stuff. AND to add insult to injury, our players had enough time to go from mr nobody to mr elite footballers in their minds, so manager from outside top-level football will probably hit a wall in dressing room again.

Well, what happened was this:
Early 2022-23 things were looking sh*t -with Tuchel- and forget the results in the easy CL qualification group.
I don't know whose fault that was. Happened in 2015-16 and 2017-18 as well with Mou and Antonio respectively just after both Mou and Antonio had won the league.
Sh*t situations happen - it's a law of football.
Then Potter was disliked from day one by the fans who wanted Tuchel to stay and in any case he made things even sh*tt*er.
Then Poch continued taking as further down the ladder, till March this year when his systems started to work.
Because of that he would rather have stayed than go, I agree.
It would be an experiment but are n't we back to square one now, experimenting ?
Nevertheless I 'm not going to say it spells doom, unless the board with their antics have it in mind to weaken the team.
This last worries me now and not Maresca really.

Edited by cosmicway

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Enlighten me I don't use tweeter or no who the hell he's taking about 🤣

A lot of people thought it was Vivell giving inside info about Chelsea transfers. He built hundreds of thousands of followers believing it. Once all of his insights proved to be false, the account was deactivated. Just goes to show on Twitter if they are not upfront about who they are, it’s BS.

16 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Enlighten me I don't use tweeter or no who the hell he's taking about 🤣

Hahah there was some geezer posting that it was all a PR conspiracy by Chelsea, spoke with great authority, it was all done under NDA and De Zerbi was signed 100%, and we all had to open our eyes just to see. Every news link was just to psychologically make us happy when De Zerbi is announced. Then he dropped some random replies to Tweets saying he was a physio and people found them and decided this was some random ITK physio at Chelsea.

Turned out just to be a hard working, intelligent internet troll. I appreciate a fine bit of trolling so I'm pretty impressed by the lad tbh

The guy signed off with this too which is hilarious cause he is obviously talking about himself

image.png.61b2afc2213211305348136bd60c7232.png

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Profit ! 

This is the real, simple, reason., even if people don't admit it.

Last season's shopping window for a new manager should have been indication enough.

Remember how managerial candidates kept turning us down before Poch eventually got hired? And why Tuchel was sacked?

They just want a subservient yes-man. 

Ultimately even Poch had enough, and fought back, which is why he's gone.

The quality of the manager is a secondary requirement here. 

frankly, I have mixed opinions about coaches having control of signings.

the worst case scenario is conte's, who only signed crap and even tuchel wanted lukaku and sterling and only screwed up and auba, btw.

it's usually halfway between the board and the coach.   

They want to go the long time continental style of head coach instead of a manager. I wouldnt call it a yes man.

I would have gone a different route but not writing him off.all linked coaches have things people could take as a bad reason for hiring them. 

2 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

They want to go the long time continental style of head coach instead of a manager. I wouldnt call it a yes man.

I would have gone a different route but not writing him off.all linked coaches have things people could take as a bad reason for hiring them. 

we need to sort our injuries and get only 3/4 players and thats it. it is not necessary to buy insane amount of players

Posted (edited)

WBA 1998/1999 SQUAD - both ENZO MARESCA and GRAHAM POTTER in the same team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_West_Bromwich_Albion_F.C._season#First-team_squad

During the 1998–99 English football season, West Bromwich Albion competed in the Football League First Division.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_West_Bromwich_Albion_F.C._season

Edited by KEVINAA

17 hours ago, Mhsc said:

It's like watching Chelsea from a bit of time ago, eerily similar unimaginative U-style football. How many times have been successful playing this type of static possession snoozefest? Zero... Sure you score once in a while like in that video, but more often than not it's just a waste of time, we have seen that time and time again. Our successes have come from when we start attacking the box vertically, quickly and with intent.

I know nothing about Maresca, but I hope he's at least flexible enough that he can play counter-attacks too when that's appropriate. If he's a one trick pony that tells the players to only play out from the back and retain possession at all costs, then he's gonna fail quickly.