The Next Manager?

33 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

We keep signing shiny new toys but they don't work because every single player we've bought is a system player, not one has the actual individual brilliance to beat their opponent and get a goal for themselves. 

Changing ownership was never going to be easy and the club got it all wrong the minute they decided that Potter was the man to lead the club forward. 

Spot on. From my point of view, the ownership can get the benefit of the doubt and we can forget about this season, as long as they get it right from now on. This means that they must appoint a manager who comes in with a system that can bring the best out of the likes of Madueke, Mudryk, Enzo etc. 

Regarding the change of ownership, again, I agree 100%. It was always going to be difficult, but we probably never expected it to be THIS difficult. However, considering that they came in totally unprepared, it's probably logical to think that mistakes were unavoidable. 

The only thing that matters now is to see that there were lessons that these guys learned. This summer really is make or break for them. There are so many things that need to be sorted and they have to get it all right:

• announce Pochettino asap - it's quite obvious that he's our main target now, but what worries me is that there're reports saying that not all of the the board members agree on this. Too many opinions, maybe?
  • make things clear regarding the structure of the club - it seems that we want to bring a scouting guy that Poch worked with in the past + Paul Mitchell. What are all of these guys going to do at the club, together with Vivell, Winstanley and all of the others? Also, what happened to the multiclub idea?
  • sell every single player who doesn't want to work here, under the new manager - I don't care if his name is Reece James, Thiago Silva, or Mason Mount. If they don't want to be at Chelsea anymore, they should be let go. 
  • stop signing shiny toys - it's quite clear that we need to sell lots of players, integrate Andrey, Colwill and maybe Maatsen + get a new GK, CDM and a striker, unless it's somehow decided that Lukaku must be given another chance. That's it. 
  • get to work - I hate how much media coverage our club is getting at this moment. A lot of leaks, talks and speculation. This needs to stop. We have become a tabloid of a football club. Boehly, Eghbali and anyone who likes attention should take a step back and let the football speak. 
Edited by Cosmin

The most painful thing for me is that we were suppoused to have transition in 2019 after transfer ban, Eden Hazard leaving and tons of exciting, young players were brought in to the squad from loans to let them grow together, let them make mistakes, let them have their highs and their lows, let them learn and improve. In 2020, after transfer ban was lifted, we doubled down on that and made extra additions of another young players through expensive transfers. Now fast forward to now, 2023 was the year we were suppoused to reap the rewards of our decision in 2019 and finally start winning and challenging for trophies after players grew and learnt together.

But it didn't go according to plan. In fact almost of our players brought between 2019 and 2021 either already left or are on the brink of leaving. Tomori, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Werner, Havertz, Chalobah, Mount, Gallagher. The only one that is somewhat reliable is Reece James but because of his injury record it's not even clear now.

So our Chelsea revolution has failed. And I feel we've wasted most of the last 4 years.

Edited by Blue Colored Sky

26 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I wouldn't say we were badly run, we had the target of winning trophies under Roman and that's what the club achieved through various top level managers and some very good players representing us over the years. 

The fact that it's been a number of seasons since Hazard left us and not a single attacker can replicate what he brought to our attack....that's the biggest concern. 

We keep signing shiny new toys but they don't work because every single player we've bought is a system player, not one has the actual individual brilliance to beat their opponent and get a goal for themselves. 

Changing ownership was never going to be easy and the club got it all wrong the minute they decided that Potter was the man to lead the club forward.  There were rumors that Tuchel did something with the backroom staff which led to his sacking from Chelsea but it's a shame that we couldn't get a top level manager in to lead the first season under new ownership. 

Roman just chucked money at any problem that came up need a new player here you go blank cheque last few years spent on mostly dross. Managers the same don't like him get a new one here's another blank cheque Ted Bundy (he's killing our club) comes in and more or less does the exact same but we have FFP creeping up on us and he's bought well lets be generous and say players who have to perform much better next season.

Tuchel, Potter, Lampard can't really count Bruno and if we finish 11th it will be an achievement I can see us scraping a win against Forest and maybe drawing against Bournemouth the other games the keepers should bring a Sudoku with them. Don't forget bruv when Roman bought the club Bates stayed on for a year basically to show him the ropes Ted Bundy comes in and sacks every poor bastard in the club he's on borrowed time with the fans already he's going to be attending more baseball games at home then ones at the Bridge next season unless he likes getting abuse or it's water off a ducks back like Levy.

42 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Still nothing?... 🤔

Fabrizio said today they were finishing his bonuses and length of contract but it is in the final stages. I prefer the club doing these contracts instead of Boehly just giving everything l.

Any manager that allows it is unfit for the job. Might as well keep frank if they want to do that. We’ll finish 20th next season but at least fat Todd will be able to get involved 

31 minutes ago, Mário César said:

how do you know?

I don't. But considering what Tuchel was sacked (allegedly) for and how big Boehly and Eghbali's passion for visiting the locker room is + how long it's already been since negotiations with Pochettino have started, I wouldn't be surprised if everything goes to shit.

Edited by Cosmin

On 30/04/2023 at 10:07, Cosmin said:
  • sell every single player who doesn't want to work here, under the new manager - I don't care if his name is Reece James, Thiago Silva, or Mason Mount. If they don't want to be at Chelsea anymore, they should be let go. 
  •  

Yeah, sounds heart warming, but no club would ever done this, for a reason. "Chelsea" and manager are two different things. Managers tend to last only so long. Imagine where would we be now, if club had let go everyone, who didn't fancy Potter's management 😂 Would we be spending another 600 million now to form some squad back now?

There will always be someone unhappy, that's just how things are.

Edited by Vegetable

6 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Not a single chance he turned down offer from Chelsea.

He truly is loving life in Rome and I doubt he would want to deal with our owners. He knows owners can tell you one thing and then act like they never said it.